How to enable cheats in Grounded Mode

proud2bNs

I must be doing something wrong, can’t get this to activate. Wonder if it because my first play was with permadeath on as my save from release day was corrupt ?

EDIT: just finished the first encounter and then it works from there ?? I was doing it to early I think

Edited by Dicco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ErickCR_G76 said:

this glitch still working?

The game was last patched in 2021, so there's no reason to think it doesn't work when you have people posting that it was working last month. I mean, they still haven't patched the glitch (and obviously aren't going to) from The Last of Us that allowed you to skip from an easy difficulty to a hard difficulty, and that's been around since 2013 so they don't really seem to fix this sort of stuff because it's not affecting gameplay.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2023 at 10:36 PM, ErickCR_G76 said:

this glitch still working?

I just completed it this evening on the PS5. I can confirm that I followed the directions exactly as stated in the original post and trophy popped when I returned to the main menu after the credits. I can also confirm I suspended the game a few times using the PS5's rest mode and it did not affect the trophy.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 3:11 PM, emboliformis said:

I've already done grounded & permadeath on the same run. This could have made it so much easier lmao, great find! Thanks :)

Since manually saving is not available in Permadeath mode, then it wouldn't have been possible to do it on a permadeath run.

On 12.06.2023 at 1:06 PM, alexandra-jane09 said:

Since manually saving is not available in Permadeath mode, then it wouldn't have been possible to do it on a permadeath run.

I'm sorry it's been a long time and I don't even exactly remember what that was all about. But if you are referring to what I think you're referring to, it's actually possible since you can quit the game at safe spots and then manually upload/back up your autosave to use it later for savescumming. Because the game still makes autosaves even though it's a permadeath run.

Edited by emboliformis

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2023 at 0:02 AM, Madriano13 said:

Dunno if this was ever mentioned before, but I think there's an easier way to do it and that let's you do even before the first encounter.

1. Start a New Game+ on Grounded (with or without permadeath)

2. Go back into the menu as soon as you see the game created a save for it

3. Load up your COMPLETE game save (which is nice cause since it's the complete save, you won't even be booted into the game, but it will re-enable the modifiers)

4. Do all the modifiers you want under the EXTRAS options

5. Load back into the save made in step 2

This works far better and easier than the other ways, less loading too. Thanks!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 7/7/2023 at 11:03 AM, Deadvember said:

This works far better and easier than the other ways, less loading too. Thanks!

I must be missing something because this is not working for me. When I load up my autosave during the prologue, I do not have any of the modifiers enabled.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:00 AM, thatgamer7 said:

I must be missing something because this is not working for me. When I load up my autosave during the prologue, I do not have any of the modifiers enabled.

Had the same problem. I played to the supermarket encounter without cheats and only with the accessibility options enabled. Then you can kill all enemies while prone. After the supermarket you can replay this encounter and enable all cheats you want. Then go back to the main menu and choose continue.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 8:02 AM, emboliformis said:

I'm sorry it's been a long time and I don't even exactly remember what that was all about. But if you are referring to what I think you're referring to, it's actually possible since you can quit the game at safe spots and then manually upload/back up your autosave to use it later for savescumming. Because the game still makes autosaves even though it's a permadeath run.

Ah nice, so it would work for permadeath. Will have to try this some day.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MarkovikMax said:

Can confirm, glitch doesn't work in Remastered version. Seems we have to do it legit 🙃

I will do it on the ps4 version, then load the file into remastered to get the trophies on both. That should in theory work, just like all the other trophies.

2 minutes ago, DegenApe69 said:

I will do it on the ps4 version, then load the file into remastered to get the trophies on both. That should in theory work, just like all the other trophies.

That's my plan, too. But I've read the reports of either Grounded or Permadeath trophies are not popping while trophy transfering. And if the Grounded one is fixable by replaying the Epilogue, it seems like we have no solution for Permadeath one at the moment. Hopefully ND/Sony addresses it by fixing trophy transfer with patch.

Edited by MarkovikMax

12 minutes ago, MarkovikMax said:

That's my plan, too. But I've read the reports of either Grounded or Permadeath trophies are not popping while trophy transfering. And if the Grounded one is fixable by replaying the Epilogue, it seems like we have no solution for Permadeath one at the moment. Hopefully ND/Sony addresses it by fixing trophy transfer with patch.

I autopopped the plat, then went to the PS4 version and did grounded/permadeath. I had to delete my full save on the PS5 version, import new save to get both trophies to unlock.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:06 PM, MonsterHunterBiT said:

Is this glitch still working in PS4 version? 

AFAIK, yes.

Kind of expected the naughty devs to correct this in the new remaster. Not sure how they missed doing so to the original PS4 release, heck why couldn’t they add everything the remaster introduced besides No Return to that?

No wait, I got it. Money.

ND/SIE would have us know it’s due to its storage space, doubt that’s even remotely true.

Edited by Dry

On 1/19/2024 at 11:26 PM, HarryNinetyFour said:

I autopopped the plat, then went to the PS4 version and did grounded/permadeath. I had to delete my full save on the PS5 version, import new save to get both trophies to unlock.

Just finished ps4 grounded permadeath run and can confirm i didnt get the trophies on the Ps5 version. So only solution is to wait for me. No way im gonna do this legit lmao 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1