Stop syncing trophies

Manilu-08

49 minutes ago, Ronin893 said:

Why would you not want to sync anymore?

because if the console breaks I am left with an incomplete profile.

49 minutes ago, Klart said:

I think you can put them in offline mode. Press triangle before clicking on the icon

Thank you

1 hour ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

think this doesn't prevent trophies from syncing. I'll try to check and bring the results asap.

I got a new PS3 a month or 2 ago and since then non of my trophies will ever sync unless i check my trophies while there is no apps/games are running. However, if I check trophies while in a game, it won’t sync. 

That is from my limited experience on PS3. Hope I’m not wrong

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

I got a new PS3 a month or 2 ago and since then non of my trophies will ever sync unless i check my trophies while there is no apps/games are running. However, if I check trophies while in a game, it won’t sync. 

That is from my limited experience on PS3. Hope I’m not wrong

You’re half right. As long as you have set it to offline mode while in-game, you’re free to check without syncing. But, the PS3 can crash because it’s a PS3.

There’s also the chance of syncing when you’re in the system (no game or app opened) where it will begin to sync regardless of whatever option you chose. Even if you cancelled it, the trophies can still sync through that 2% or 5% it managed to reach.

I know you can hide the notifications for trophies, but I don’t think the ability to earn them has ever been entirely removed. If it bothers you that much, just hide em—that’s the closest you’re gonna get aside from extreme paranoia.

Edit: I don’t know how you expect to clear games like this, though. Imagine getting a 100% in one, but a 5% in another—you’re  screwed the moment you sync.

Just play on an alt at this point.

The latter is meant at the OP, btw.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 2

I always have mine in offline mode for trophies, eventually it will auto sync no matter what. Main times it happens is when you sign in or are playing an online game. 

2 hours ago, NicholasMondiale said:

because if the console breaks I am left with an incomplete profile.

How are you left with an incomplete profile? 

• Like 2

I did some testing on this test account and found that syncing happens automatically when you open the game if you are connected to the PSN. Just for that game. If you connect while the game is already open, the synchronization does not take place. I will do the online trophies all at once and then I won't connect to PSN again until I'm done. However, I will remain connected to the internet because I have to download games and play with another account with which I have no problems of 100%. Sorry about the year-end stats but it's too risky because I risk ruining the profile with all games at 100% in case the PS3 breaks down leaving games pending.  I'm not sure I want to buy it back in case it breaks.

Edited by NicholasMondiale

5 hours ago, NicholasMondiale said:

I did some testing on this test account and found that syncing happens automatically when you open the game if you are connected to the PSN. Just for that game. If you connect while the game is already open, the synchronization does not take place. I will do the online trophies all at once and then I won't connect to PSN again until I'm done. However, I will remain connected to the internet because I have to download games and play with another account with which I have no problems of 100%. Sorry about the year-end stats but it's too risky because I risk ruining the profile with all games at 100% in case the PS3 breaks down leaving games pending.  I'm not sure I want to buy it back in case it breaks.

If your system breaks down, you can always buy another as they are cheap nowadays, unless it’s a defect that prevents it from turning on again, but that’s extremely unlikely with later models. 

There is a also a feature that allows you to transfer data between the two systems, but with cloud and trophies syncing, you should have no problem recuperating what you lost.

• Like 1