No matchmaking for Raid (coming October 30)

LazyJournalist

Really disappointed there's no matchmaking for raids and I honestly can't understand why not at least give us the option. I had done everything solo in Legends so far but last night I decided to try gold survival and I beat wave 25 and got the trophy on my first attempt so you definitely can get a good group through matchmaking. I understand raids require even greater coordination between players but how are you ever going to learn the raid if you never even get to try it?

• Like 2

I hoped that matchmaking would have been included for raids, but I'm not going to complain about it before the raid is actually released.  So far SP has made a great single player game and a great multiplayer experience.  Especially, considering they were under no obligation to even make the mp since it is free and was not a selling point when the game was originally released.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the matchmaking decision.  I think they've earned that much so far.

On 10/24/2020 at 0:28 AM, JAYSEN187 said:

I think unless legends goes free to play, the player base is gonna fizzle out really quick. I'm sure it's really fun with friends but I don't like it enough to put all of that time into it, not yet at least. I'll probably just play a bit of it and move on

Unless there is some sort of ridiculous difficulty spike with raids or they force nightmare difficulty with no continues then I'm done once I get all the Legends trophies.  Hopefully they don't keep adding trophies to legends. 

Instead I'd rather see a 100% stand alone legends 2 with a seperate trophy list and new content along with this stuff, but carry over your progress from this and include all content from legends 1(the dlc).  But at the same don't pull a FFXV and make this list unobtainable.  Make it so both are compatible so those going for just this list can still play those supporting the full seperate version somehow. 

On 10/23/2020 at 5:36 AM, Carol said:

How sad. So they expect everyone who would like to play the Raid has three other people available at the same time.

I completed the U4 DLC with randoms and I am sure I would eventually be able to complete this too. Now, I won’t even be able to access the Raid. How ridiculous.

And unlike what people have been saying here, the players I’ve been encountering are competent, helpful, polite and know how to coordinate.

I agree with the last sentence i was able to get the gold survival raid with randoms on the first attempt  even with stories i have no problems. I also prefer matchmaking cause that way you can get people to team up instead of organising a time for people 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:18 AM, yowzagabowza said:

I hate MP but im trying to keep my 100% on this anyway. I've been thankful for matchmaking because I can only play sporadically. No way in hell will I be able to get three other people to play exactly when im ready and for exactly how long im available to do these raids. It's bad enough Ive got to play the same shit over and over in order to level up, now it's most likely all for nothing.

I was pissed to see MP coming because I knew it would mean MP trophies. The list didn't seem too bad right up til this news. Now im back to being pissed again ?

i thought this was going to be decent till the raid part came where they took out the matchmaking. Seems they want the idea of copy and paste destiny  

22 minutes ago, maurjen said:

i thought this was going to be decent till the raid part came where they took out the matchmaking. Seems they want the idea of copy and paste destiny  

I was willing to play this mode that I really am not interested in in order to get the trophies. It wasn't terrible. But this decision made me just stop playing the game altogether. I don't need to get all but ONE of the trophies, so I'll just deal with only getting the two I already have. I don't think I'll even do the NG+ ones, either. 

This decision has completely soured me on the entire game (which I have plenty of criticisms of to begin with) and it's sad that this is the way my time with the game ends.

8 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I was willing to play this mode that I really am not interested in in order to get the trophies. It wasn't terrible. But this decision made me just stop playing the game altogether. I don't need to get all but ONE of the trophies, so I'll just deal with only getting the two I already have. I don't think I'll even do the NG+ ones, either. 

This decision has completely soured me on the entire game (which I have plenty of criticisms of to begin with) and it's sad that this is the way my time with the game ends.

Apparently Suckerpunch wants people to interact in order to find group (good luck to the ones who have a language barrier). I just got the survival trophy and was about to put more time till i saw that raids taking out the match making. Even if i can get its ki to its max it'll be pointless unless you can find 3 others who would stick and hopefully not go ahead to leave you behind ( Destiny 2 group took awhile to find another group since two left while your asleep at 4am)

• Like 1

Not too happy with the lack of matchmaking.

Like others have said, at the end of the day it's about choice.

If you want to set up a group of people or friends you should be able to but you should also be able to jump in and play. 

Obviously when using matchmaking you're going to find some less than brilliant players but you could also match up some legitimately great people.

In my experience, more often than not randoms are more fun to play with than people I've played with for trophies alone, it's just a different mindset.

• Like 3