Trophy Thoughts?

19 hours ago, FallenDestroyer said:

My only annoyance is that they have tacked on 2 dlc packs instead of just including them with the game! I imagine it’s all been built from the ground up anyway so why not have a complete game experience instead of try to squeeze out every penny you can from us?!

The content doesn't have to be excluded just because it's dlc in the trophy list. Several other games did this too i.e. Skyrim or Resident Evil 5 for two reasons i'm sure:

1) :platinum: Difficulty and Time stays identical or similar to the Original.

2) with some trophies considered dlc the devs can include more silver and gold trophies. A game with 60+ trophies for :platinum: has almost only bronze trophies. Look at Doom 3 PS3, 2064 Read Only Memories, Rise/Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I think this is the right way to go. I'm surprised they changed the images. I like the older ones more. But i'm more surprised they took a few trophies away. Not the hard ones though?

16 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

But i'm more surprised they took a few trophies away. Not the hard ones though?

The trophies removed were associated with friends and photo sharing so most likely those features will be disabled in the remaster.

The six trophies removed are:

Graffiti - Create a ‘New Post’ or ‘Write a Reply’ on the Wall

Share the Dream - Share a Dreamshot to the Wall

Socialite - Have 5 or more NFS Friends

Share the Joy - Dreamshot a BMW and share it with your Friends

Show Off - Take a photo of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS and share it with your friends

Pin-Up - Take 3 pictures of the Lamborghini Countach

I find it curious that this game has only 1 global trophy list, instead of EU and NA lists like they did for Burnout Paradise Remastered.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 7:57 AM, Miles-MHunter said:

Burnout remaster - all dlc included

NFS HP remaster - all dlc included.

Surprised twice? 

Yeah because Burnout was made by criterion, not EA. NFS was made by EA dice. So while they are both under EA ownership they are not made by the same company. Hope that helps clear up my sceptics now?

1 hour ago, FallenDestroyer said:

Yeah because Burnout was made by criterion, not EA. NFS was made by EA dice. So while they are both under EA ownership they are not made by the same company. Hope that helps clear up my sceptics now?

That's not correct. Hot Pursuit was made by criterion as well, Dice is only mentioned, because they supported with autolog i think and provided the frostbite engine in later titles. They were never a lead development team in a NFS title

3 hours ago, talespagni said:

Do you think other NFS games will eventually get remastered as well? I think so.

Probably Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 if this game sells well. The team behind it already has experience with Criterion's engine and as such it would be easier to remaster it for next gen consoles since it uses the same engine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordWikii said:

Probably Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 if this game sells well. The team behind it already has experience with Criterion's engine and as such it would be easier to remaster it for next gen consoles since it uses the same engine.

i certainly don't hope so. Most Wanted 2012 was one of the worst nfs out there, but ea is more interested in making less and fast money instead of pleasing the community and making way more money with remasters of the underground and og most wanted era. These games take more time to remaster properly

18 minutes ago, westersburg said:

i certainly don't hope so. Most Wanted 2012 was one of the worst nfs out there, but ea is more interested in making less and fast money instead of pleasing the community and making way more money with remasters of the underground and og most wanted era. These games take more time to remaster properly

Have you ever considered that the reason for them not remastering the old classics is due to not having the code for the game and probably not being able to license all car licenses again? It would be a better investment to make a spiritual sucessor to them.

Taking Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered as an example, not all content from the previous release is gonna come back. Some licensed songs have been removed and replaced by others and at least 3 cars were cut, one of them due to the car holder not existing anymore and the other two due to licensing issues between McLaren and Mercedes.

Edited by LordWikii

3 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

Have you ever considered that the reason for them not remastering the old classics is due to not having the code for the game and probably not being able to license all car licenses again? It would be a better investment to make a spiritual sucessor to them.

Taking Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered as an example, not all content from the previous release is gonna come back. Some licensed songs have been removed and replaced by others and at least 3 cars were cut, one of them due to the car holder not existing anymore and the other two due to licensing issues between McLaren and Mercedes.

SL 65 AMG?

37 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

not having the code of a game you own is a pretty bad explanation and would be embarassing. License is something else i give you that. But you could actually rebuy it since the interest of a proper remaster or remake of these old games will generate more attention than any new nfs title to be honest. Nobody really believes, that this series can come back to the glory days, but lots of people have these old nfs titles in mind, when it comes to games of their childhood or youth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 1:40 AM, Fr_0zt said:

I remember some of the DLC races been a pain.... The sprint race through the forest with the Gumpert (cop) anyone?

Good luck to those of you that are getting this and want 100%

I did that time trial yesterday, got distiction barely after a crash. 1m 57.96. You need 1m 58.00 . 

• Like 1