The PS5 version is here

x_Sw4ggYDuD3xx

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, all of the games getting PS5 upgrades will remain digital exclusives on the PS5 so don't expect to see a retail version anytime soon.

Shame. I skipped the PS4, so I was hoping I could get the game for the first time physically on the PS5, instead of an upgrade. It would be a real shame if that's also the case for games currently releasing on the PS4 as well, like Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla

On 10.11.2020 at 2:34 AM, Joao-OLVR said:

Shame. I skipped the PS4, so I was hoping I could get the game for the first time physically on the PS5, instead of an upgrade. It would be a real shame if that's also the case for games currently releasing on the PS4 as well, like Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla

Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla have their own PS5 disc version. But you can also use the PS4 disc to get the PS5 upgrade.

It's a difference between crossgen games and older games that just get an upgrade. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 5:55 AM, ShotgunSquirrel said:

So I take it from the 0% Platinum that a PS4 save doesn't Pop the trophies like it does on No Man's Sky?

I'd also say that not a lot of people who owns the PS5 has the game yet or plans on playing the game later, since the new launch games came out. I'm sure the percentage will increase later on. Glad to hear if you don't upgrade to ps5 you can continue with the PS4 save file and trophy list. So I'm assuming with the backwards compatibility mode it will run regular 4K 30fps or will it still have better loading due to SSD? Just without game boost and the better framerate and performance fidelity. Can anyone confirm with the PS4 backward compatibility version? Thanks

On 11/9/2020 at 5:01 AM, turniplord said:

If you run the PS4 version n your PS5 with your PS4 save, it'll just continue from where you are and carry on earning trophies on the PS4 list.

If you activate and download the new PS5 edition of the game then that will have this new list. They said you can upload your saves in-game and download them to the PS5 version so you can continue, but we don't know yet if that locks you out of certain trophies as it may think you've already earnt them.

That's cool. So just to confirm, the update from the PS4 version to PS5 version isn't mandatory to continue playing the PS4 version on your PS5? Is the PS5 upgrade just an option you're given on the home screen or something?

Sorry I know you basically said that, but I just want to make absolutely certain I could continue earning trophies on my PS4 list. ?

2 hours ago, Xucien said:

That's cool. So just to confirm, the update from the PS4 version to PS5 version isn't mandatory to continue playing the PS4 version on your PS5? Is the PS5 upgrade just an option you're given on the home screen or something?

Sorry I know you basically said that, but I just want to make absolutely certain I could continue earning trophies on my PS4 list. 1f60a.png

Yes the PS4 and PS5 versions are separate installations. You can continue playing the PS4 version on PS5 along with playing the PS5 version if you choose to download/install the upgrade on the PS store. When you're hovering the game's icon you can press the three dots to go into the PS Store to download the upgrade.

• Like 2

On 16/11/2020 at 0:52 AM, Phantom_knight28 said:

Yes the PS4 and PS5 versions are separate installations. You can continue playing the PS4 version on PS5 along with playing the PS5 version if you choose to download/install the upgrade on the PS store. When you're hovering the game's icon you can press the three dots to go into the PS Store to download the upgrade.

This is why they should have a shared list like on Xbox. This is going to be so confusing for some people. Can see many people accidentally playing the wrong version, popping trophies, and getting pissed. 

• Like 1

The one thing I would add is that there aren't a lot of people playing this on PS5 at this time so the two MP trophies are a bit tough to get. I left matchmaking on for hours while I was playing and I've yet to match up with anybody else. I started a boosting session but no takers so far. It looks like there are about 300+ owners of the game at the time I'm writing this so it's bound to stay tough until the numbers get higher.

Unfortunately, the PS5 version didn't take my PS4 save so I started a new playthrough (which I don't mind, I enjoy the gameplay). But maybe the matchmaking also doesn't help because I started a new character from scratch. I guess time will tell.

47 minutes ago, TerminalPhoenix said:

The one thing I would add is that there aren't a lot of people playing this on PS5 at this time so the two MP trophies are a bit tough to get. I left matchmaking on for hours while I was playing and I've yet to match up with anybody else. I started a boosting session but no takers so far. It looks like there are about 300+ owners of the game at the time I'm writing this so it's bound to stay tough until the numbers get higher.

Unfortunately, the PS5 version didn't take my PS4 save so I started a new playthrough (which I don't mind, I enjoy the gameplay). But maybe the matchmaking also doesn't help because I started a new character from scratch. I guess time will tell.

If you have 2 accounts and controllers, you can do the 2 co-op trophies in local splitscreen co-op in about 5mins :). The 2 online trophies only take a matter of seconds to get, providing you have a Golden Key handy.

• Like 1

On 2020-11-17 at 2:55 PM, HuntingFever said:

If you have 2 accounts and controllers, you can do the 2 co-op trophies in local splitscreen co-op in about 5mins :). The 2 online trophies only take a matter of seconds to get, providing you have a Golden Key handy.

Thanks for the suggestion! I managed to get someone to join my game today and we did these naturally but this will be good to know for those who mag have trouble. I feel like once the PS5 is released worldwide (tomorrow) this will be even less of an issue.

1 hour ago, TerminalPhoenix said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I managed to get someone to join my game today and we did these naturally but this will be good to know for those who mag have trouble. I feel like once the PS5 is released worldwide (tomorrow) this will be even less of an issue.

No problem :). Gun Pals can be done in the first area of the game, once you have a spare item you don't need but you have to wait until after completing the first mission on Sanctuary III, before the Golden Key trophy can be done.