Godfall stuttering and weird console noises

mvpeast

6 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Is it like this guys ps5 problem in the video where he has noise issues?

Yea I have similar noise issues like that guy. The console was humming then started buzzing after a couple hours of nonstop game play. But my ps5 doesn’t shut off completely.. only crashed once and lag.

The noise pauses and skips. That’s the bigger issue for me though.. It feels like the fan/disc drive or “something” keeps going on and off very frequently whenever I press a button on the controller.

2 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I hope the UK units are fine, seen some people complaining about issues and getting a bit worried.

The electric static buzzing is very weird. I am now trying a different power outlet that’s far away from my other electronics. I hope it works better.

Edited by mvpeast

15 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I've said this on multiple posts of yours now, those sounds are completely normal! It's the GPU, PS4 Pros make the exact same noise. 

But the noise shouldn’t be skipping/pausing like that though. Astro Playroom did not have that sound. Only Godfall makes the fan noise pauses whenever I press a button.

Now I changed the ps5 to vertical stand., changed another power outlet and rebuilt the database but I doubt anything will change.

That sound is definitely loud and noticeable. Many people say the console is silent bcz they probably sit very far away from it. I showed the videos to a couple of friends and other strangers. They said all ps5s have that sound.

Its not as loud as the “jet engine” but it’s definitely noticeable and the console is not as quiet as most people claimed. The buzzing sound feels more annoying than a loud fan coz of its high pitched noise.

Edited by mvpeast

Just now, mvpeast said:

But the noise shouldn’t be skipping/pausing like that though.

Yes, again completely normal. Some games will make the noise go crazy like this on my Pro, which sounds bad but again is completely normal. And as you can see, i can make it stop and start. 

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yes, again completely normal. Some games will make the noise go crazy like this on my Pro, which sounds bad but again is completely normal. And as you can see, i can make it stop and start. 

Is that your ps4? Damn that’s loud... I only hear fan noise in your video. No coil whine or buzzy noise.

The fan is spinning very fast so it has that sound.

Edited by mvpeast

Here is my Pro playing Rage 2 right now making the buzzing noise people are talking about on PS5, put your headphones on and ignore the fan. (Mic is right next to PS4 so sounds louder than it is) I can make it stutter or stop. Again completely normal, you will get it on high graphics game's or 60fps game's, i bet it will be louder on 120fps. For me non Pro enhanced game's no buzz, Pro enhanced, buzz, 60fps more buzz, over 60fps high coil whine like in my other video. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Here is my Pro playing Rage 2 right now making the buzzing noise people are talking about on PS5, put your headphones on and ignore the fan. I can make it stutter or stop. Again completely normal, you will get it on high graphics game's or 60fps game's, i bet it will be louder on 120fps. For me non Pro enhanced game's no buzz, Pro enhanced, buzz, 60fps more buzz, over 60fps high coil whine like in my other video. 

Yeah I probably gonna have to get used to playing games with headphones on. ps5 bluetooth is good enough bcz the audio doesn’t stutter so far. I need more testings though.

Edited by mvpeast

4 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Yeah I probably gonna have to get used to playing games with headphones on. The ps5 bluetooth is good enough bcz the audio doesn’t stutter so far. I need more testings though.

When i first got my Pro I took it back because of the buzzing thinking it was broken. I got another and it is exactly same, spent many hours researching all the noises, they are all normal, so yea don't worry about it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Yeah I probably gonna have to get used to playing games with headphones on. The ps5 bluetooth is good enough bcz the audio doesn’t stutter so far. I need more testings though.

You could actually call Sony PlayStation support if you are genuinely concerned there is an actual problem. 

There are also decibel meter apps for free for smartphones these days. They’re not 100% accurate, but they should give you a good idea of how many decibels the sound you are hearing are measured at. You can measure it at different distances and that should give you a good idea if there is an actual issue. 

https://www.aroged.com/2020/11/is-ps5-silent-heres-our-next-gen-console-noise-data/

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You could actually call Sony PlayStation support if you are genuinely concerned there is an actual problem. 

There are also decibel meter apps for free for smartphones these days. They’re not 100% accurate, but they should give you a good idea of how many decibels the sound you are hearing are measured at. You can measure it at different distances and that should give you a good idea if there is an actual issue. 

https://www.aroged.com/2020/11/is-ps5-silent-heres-our-next-gen-console-noise-data/

It really depends on how far you sit away from the console and how sensitive are your ears. I asked a lot of people, either friends and strangers. They all heard the same noises coming from their machines.

Loud fan sound is easier to accept coz it’s like white noise. But PS5 has high pitched sound that’s like squeaking and in Godfall you can hear the sound pauses whenever you press a button so it’s distracting to hear. It doesn’t have that in Astro Playroom.

1 minute ago, mvpeast said:

It really depends on how far you sit away from the console and how sensitive are your ears. I asked a lot of people, either friends and strangers. They all heard the same noises coming from their machines.

Loud fan sound is easier to accept coz it’s like white noise. But PS5 has high pitched sound that’s like squeaking and in Godfall you can hear the sound pauses whenever you press a button so it’s distracting to hear. It doesn’t have that in Astro Playroom.

That’s the beauty of measuring decibels at different distances, it removes personal perception and gives straight details to compare.

Then you can determine if the sound level is normal for the situation and if it is, then people can decide whether they can tolerate it, or if it isn’t, they can replace their PS5. 

Just now, DaivRules said:

That’s the beauty of measuring decibels at different distances, it removes personal perception and gives straight details to compare.

Then you can determine if the sound level is normal for the situation and if it is, then people can decide whether they can tolerate it, or if it isn’t, they can replace their PS5. 

Yeah I’m gonna have to get used to it. Headphones might be good.. I kinda like the 3D audio.

3 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

IM having problems aswell ..Bots took my PS5

Mine too.

1 hour ago, mvpeast said:

Is that your ps4? Damn that’s loud... I only hear fan noise in your video. No coil whine or buzzy noise.

The fan is spinning very fast so it has that sound.

My PS 4 Pro had Coil Whine, because they was quiet the first month. Now I can't hear the Coil Whine anymore, because my Pro is louder as my Washing Machine. Every PS 4 Pro has the Coil Whine Sound, but you can't hear it because the fan is to loud. If the PS 5 is as quiet as they said before, you'll hear the coil whine.

A clicking sound is a defect HDD, but the PS 5 has no HDD? Or has it?

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Mine too.

My PS 4 Pro had Coil Whine, because they was quiet the first month. Now I can't hear the Coil Whine anymore, because my Pro is louder as my Washing Machine. Every PS 4 Pro has the Coil Whine Sound, but you can't hear it because the fan is to loud. If the PS 5 is as quiet as they said before, you'll hear the coil whine.

Idk what’s going on at this point. I probably have to accept the noises.

But I have other issues with the ps5 while playing godfall too. The game stutters and crashes if I play it for like 3-4 hours nonstop. The console also gets even louder as well.

4 hours ago, mvpeast said:

How long do you play the ps5? I played it nonstop for like 4 hours then it starts to lag/stutter and even crashed once. The console gets louder too from humming to coil whine/static noise.

Yesterday, I played it for probably, a total of 8 hours, in two separate sessions.

35 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Mine too.

lol

12 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

Aw Shit! Here We Go Again.

This dude has the exact noise like my ps5. Mines even more high pitched than his.

41 minutes ago, Mike13858 said:

Yesterday, I played it for probably, a total of 8 hours, in two separate sessions.

Does your PS5 have that same noise like the two videos in my post and this person’s youtube video? I am sure all PS5 have that sounds. Mine has even higher tone than his. coz I was playing godfall and he was playing a ps4 backward compatible game.

Edited by mvpeast