Bubble Bobble 4 trophy discussion

A quick heads up. This is not an easy game, I suspect between 6-8 / 10

I've not tried hard mode yet but the final stages in normal were pretty tough, and on top of that, there is a secret game in this version (added extra from the switch version) called Arcade of the future. It is an extra 100 levels, unique to the 100 levels in the main game (200 stages in total)

Arcade of the future must be completed in one sitting, you can't continue if you die and you only get 10 lives. It was only my first go but I got to about stage 12 or so. On Stage 10 two invincible Baron Von Blubba came on the screen, and I died about 7 times as they were pretty tricky to dodge.

This is likely going to be nearly as hard as Pang Adventures was to get 100%

Time to get your memorisation skills activated.

Also I am not sure if there is a bug in the game, but sometimes my Dpad gets stuck down so I am constantly crawling for no reason. I have to do a spin of the analogue stick to reset it..

[edit] My god this is definitely HARD, maybe a 8 / 9 out of 10. No wonder nobody has platinum on this game yet.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hard mode sucks, there's hard, and then there's confusingly weird levels dickish hard, like that one where it's filled with many transparent brown and red blocks which all look similar.

It's also weird you can just collect an EXTEND letter and then quit out the mode and the game thinks that is fine.

Overall, it's a pretty good game, but it feels far from a true "Bubble Bobble" game and I hate the Hard mode.

That extra arcade mode with 100 levels and 10 lives for all players combined. Nah I'm probably never going to go for that trophy.

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

9 months later, and still no plat earners. Jeez

If I was younger and had more free time on my hands and didn't have a super big backlog to get through. I'd probably give it a go. Game requires a ton of practice and a lot of memorisation of the enemy move patterns so you can bubble them and get the big scores for popping them all together (which you sadly need to get enough score to max rank)

Trouble is, the game just isn't fun on the hard levels. Dickish level design and bosses that just seem a bit too tricky, you really need to have an auto fire controller since it's possible to blow bubbles almost as most as you press the buttons, but trying to mash bubble while holding down the jump button with the same hand is pretty tricky. Therefore being able to auto fire hold down the button would give you a real advantage over the bosses.

Game has infinite levels and level select, but doing 10 levels in one go and one credit and getting a high rank on each stage too in one sitting, it's really tough.

There was a Platinum earner a few months, I guess that person got banned for cheating, or something. It seems various people have either of the two hardest trophies, but neither for some reason.

On 8/15/2021 at 3:21 AM, enaysoft said:

There was a Platinum earner a few months, I guess that person got banned for cheating, or something.

Yeah, I've spotted a number of PS4 cheaters over the past months, but I'm sure someone will be crazy enough to go for this plat one day. 

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2021 at 7:14 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Yeah, I've spotted a number of PS4 cheaters over the past months, but I'm sure someone will be crazy enough to go for this plat one day. 

I guess I am the crazy one who got the platinum for this game.Just got the platinum trophy yesterday but is really hard as f**k.The difficulty for arcade of the future is definitely 10/10.Getting 3 stars in hard mode 8 or 9/10.The rest of the trophy not too difficult for me.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 0:12 PM, Lord_Juan191 said:

I guess I am the crazy one who got the platinum for this game.Just got the platinum trophy yesterday but is really hard as f**k.The difficulty for arcade of the future is definitely 10/10.Getting 3 stars in hard mode 8 or 9/10.The rest of the trophy not too difficult for me.

Congrats! 

• Like 1