Can i use the PS3 trophy guide for the PS5 version?

Radford999

10 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I don’t have an answer on if its the same but just know its not allowed to copy paste guides, you *can* use it of course but you still have to write everything yourself.

I’m on about following it for the platinum haha. I’m not wanting to write one lol. 

• Like 2

Kind of. It's actually a much better list imo. As a rough guide you're gonna need about 2 playthroughs to get all the boss souls for spells/miracles. Also be aware of a couple of the bonus objectives when fighting bosses. 

If anything I'd use a guide to navigate some of the npc questlines like the Satsuke/ Biorr one. Not sure how much you're going to have to play around with world tendencies too (nobody missed that feature).

The original list had a much bigger emphasis on crafting/ upgrade materials which they thankfully swapped for one that focusses on exploration.

29 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Any differences? Or is it the same? The one in this site seems really useful. Just wondered if i could use that one for the PS5 version. 

I didn't play the PS5 version yet, but I read the trophy list and I followed the guide you are mentioning to get my PS3 platinum. I think the guide won't work 100% for the PS5 version and here are my impressions:

- the PS3 guide is heavily based on the dup glitch, which is not present in the PS5 version. Without duping items you will need to get to ng++ to get enough demon's souls in order to craft every spell and miracle

- the PS5 version has no trophy for getting all unique weapons, therefore you won't need to grind as much as you would need if you were playing the PS3 version

- the PS5 version has some specific trophies to kill some bosses under specific conditions, these trophies are not present in the PS3 version

- the PS5 version has more rings than the PS3 version, four/five more rings I think. You will need to figure out how to get these

Edited by tnaires
  • Like 3

If you're new to the series and just looking for something to get you through your first playthrough without screwing anything up, the PS3 guide will work absolutely fine. But then for your second playthrough (which you still have to do in the PS5 version), you'll have to change things up (no weapon upgrade farming, 4 new rings to get, and killing bosses in special ways).

Just make sure that you pick the Providential Ring as your starting gift when creating your character. This was not a thing in the PS3 version, and it is needed for plat on PS5.

• Like 1

It's much more straight forward this time around since the world tendencies are less important (they still are but to a lesser degree) and you dont need to craft every type of weapon path, therefore finding enough of every stone and pure stones. The only thing to keep in mind are the new boss challenges (which are very easy imo) never die in human form (think on the top of my mind that it's really only important in world five now for the istharel) don't consume any demon souls (and only use them to aquire spells or miracles) before killing your last archstone last boss get your pure white character tendency and talk to the monumental then do the mephistopheles quest. Then you can proceed to your last boss, don't forget to pick up the sword he drops and choose the good ending to be able to get another spell in ng+.

If you don't want to do 3 runs, look at the souls that lets you get 3 different spells/miracles and do use them. At the end, upload your save to the cloud and finish your spell then load and get your miracles

Oh and you need pure white world tendency in world 3 too to get a ring from Rydell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, all-stuff-stufed said:

Not really since you don't need any crafted souls, you don't need every unique weapon, you don't need every type of stones, and now there is boss challenges and 4 new rings

Adding to that, the ps3 guide was written taking into account that the player will use the dup glitch, which has been fixed in the PS5 version.

Just now, all-stuff-stufed said:

Not really since you don't need any crafted souls, you don't need every unique weapon, you don't need every type of stones, and now there is boss challenges and 4 new rings

Having extra information won't hurt. The old guides (particularly the wikidot wiki) are fine.

13 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The PS3 guide will handle 99% of the platinum except for the four new rings.

99% is a bit far fetched. Considering Pure Black World Tendency is needed for two of the new rings, and even the trophy at the end of the game is not even the same.

Edited by technole

2 minutes ago, technole said:

99% is a bit far fetched. Considering Pure Black World Tendency is needed for two of the new rings, and even the trophy at the end of the game is not even the same.

Actually, PBWT is only needed for 1 new ring, 1 is from starting gift, 1 from trading Pure bladestone and the last from trading a gold coin

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, all-stuff-stufed said:

Actually, PBWT is only needed for 1 new ring, 1 is from starting gift, 1 from trading Pure bladestone and the last from trading a gold coin

I have the trophy, I don't need a lesson. The PBWT tendency black skeleton is 4-2 is still better for the Pure Bladestone.