Anyone have any weird gaming OCD'S?

Just-Pro-44

I don't mean to derail the topic, but those are just quirks.  OCD is a mental disorder that is impossible to control and can destroy a person's life.  I'm talking about things like having to turn on and off a room's light 100 times everytime you need to get out of the house or else you simply can't leave.  They're not cute little whims, like pop singers and reality TV stars want us to believe.  Honestly, calling these little things "OCD" is insulting to people who actually have this disorder.

I don't say you're doing it on purpose, you're most likely just another victim of pop culture jerks changing the meaning of a word by applying it to themselves in order to sound cooler.

But, onto the topic, one of my silly quirks is that I always stock up on super powered weapons but never use them.  I save them with the intention of using them in the future, but I never do.  I use the simpler, most regular weapons all the time.  I can't bring myself to use the most powerful ones, and they end up unused when I finish the game, even if I have played the game before and I know what would be the best place to use them.  I'm a power-weapon hoarder.

I apologize if my topic made any harm to you or any others. But it is a gaming OCD. We don't just do it one time on one game, most people do it all the time on every game and that's why it's a OCD even though it's not one that harms your life.

I apologize if my topic made any harm to you or any others. But it is a gaming OCD. We don't just do it one time on one game, most people do it all the time on every game and that's why it's a OCD even though it's not one that harms your life.

No, you don't understand.  It's not OCD.  I'm saying that TV and movies have popularized using the term OCD for these pointless, harmless quirks.  But they're not OCD, they don't even resemble OCD.  There's no such thing as an OCD that doesn't harm your life.  It's a mistake to call these random quirks by that name.  Trust me, if you actually had OCD you wouldn't be making a forum thread about it, you'd be on therapy working as hard as possible to get rid of it.

Again, I don't say it's your fault.  But I'd really like it if this kind of inaccuracy stopped spreading.

• Like 2

When I have a lot of money in a game, I can't manage it properly unless the last digit in my accrued income is a 0 or 5. Weird, I know. I've learned to just kind of deal with it, though. :o (Too much micromanaging to keep it ending in a 0 or 5, especially in some games.)

How my character looks. Recent example: GTA V with Michael. Half way across the city now, heading over to the helipad...

Nah, I want the Charcoal suit over the black suit. Head back, change the suit, then after I change, I feel like putting one of the special heist outfits on. I put it on, and right before I enter my car, I feel the need to put the Charcoal Suit.

Ok. So I don't consider it OCD, but I have something I find interesting that I'd like to contribute.  

First off, I love the SKATE games.  For those who haven't played the game before, in order to do skate tricks you have to maneuver the right analog stick in a similar movement that your feet (or board movement) would have to make to execute the trick.  Some of which were quite challenging to execute properly without doing another trick.  So what happened is that during loading screens, I would find my self practicing the movements in order to execute them effortlessly...but then it started to get worse.  I found myself practicing all the different tricks during EVERY SINGLE OTHER GAME'S loading screens.  Keeps me occupied I guess xD

Edited by daftprophet

• 1 month later...

I don't mean to derail the topic, but those are just quirks.  OCD is a mental disorder that is impossible to control and can destroy a person's life.  I'm talking about things like having to turn on and off a room's light 100 times everytime you need to get out of the house or else you simply can't leave.  They're not cute little whims, like pop singers and reality TV stars want us to believe.  Honestly, calling these little things "OCD" is insulting to people who actually have this disorder.

Thank you. :yay: It really makes me flip shit when people bring OCD into Trophy Hunting. :shakefist:

Edited by TTaym743

Every RPG I play, I level all playable characters to 100 or whatever the max level is. Even back in the day when I played Pokemon, I would use each and every Pokemon until I brought them all up to level 100. I haven't played since Red and Blue, and now there's just too many of them so F that!

My Vita Icons needs to be symmetrical... If I have an odd number of icons that needs to be in one screen, there should be an Icon in the middle and the rest will be equally divided in both sides, my pages were divided based on it's use... trophies/ps store/near etc in one page, music/video/pics in other page... same goes with the games page... 100% and/or platinumed games were in a folder and the games that are in my backlog are in separate folder... symmetrically of course and in order of finish ^_^

If you say you have an OCD because you collect all trophies that makes a completionist, not OCD or like your "gaming OCD" if you create the perfect character that makes you a perfectionist, not OCD. :shakefist:  :shakefist: :shakefist:  :shakefist:  

When I play games that have side missions...I just won't move any further into the main story until I've done all of them thus leading me to get a few trophies on the way :D I do this ALL the time in RPG's or JRPG's xD Also while I'm playing I always have my phone right next to me on my bed just in case I need tips for trophies and what not :) 

Edited by DEVILKIDGAME15
  • Like 2