Patch 1.03 + 1.04

ThalifmUS

It has just came out. 

Wait and see what the next patches bring out. 

They have also mentioned DLC will be coming soonish too. 

People saying "they should of waited" it doesn't work like that. They have shareholders to please and ultimately they come first. If they say a game needs to come out in a certain quarter, it needs to happen

6 hours ago, ThalifmUS said:

Hey guys, so the 1.03 is already out for PC but not for consoles yet, hopefully later today although I couldn't find any confirmation on it.

Here are the notes, they are very vague but well... 

Cyberpunk update 1.03: Patch Notes

• Improved performance and stability.
  • Performance optimization to improve frame rates of RTX GPUs.
  • Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4 and Xbox One / S.
  • Fixed crash issues.
  • Fixed issues with FPS drops.
  • Fixed texture issues.
  • Fixed game loading issues.
  • Added performance fixes.
  • Other fixes.

Source: https://www.millenium.gg/news/21885.html

Curious to see when this actually roll out for consoles how much of an impact it will have. 

I reckon there will be way more patches in the future but let's see how effective this one is. 

I really hope the crash issues are fixed. The game has crashed so many times on the PS5. 

12 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

I really hope the crash issues are fixed. The game has crashed so many times on the PS5. 

forget 1.03, they skipped it and went straight to 1.04, which is available NOW on PS4 and 5. Just trigger the update manually and beware: it's 17GB. Probably because it's 1.03 and 1.04 combined, on PC 1.04 is only 2GB.

• Like 2

Just now, Sicho said:

forget 1.03, they skipped it and went straight to 1.04, which is available NOW on PS4 and 5. Just trigger the update manually and beware: it's 17GB. Probably because it's 1.03 and 1.04 combined, on PC 1.04 is only 2GB.

yep, figured they would do a bundle thing since both came out close to each other.
I updated the post description with notes from both patches

57 minutes ago, JackisJack_ said:

Seeing people make comparisons of this game to RDR2 or GTA V are a little frustrating. This is an open-world RPG, not an open-world sandbox. In the department of gameplay from the genre it is a part of, the ample side quests, world building, character growth, etc. do pretty well. It isn't as in-depth with it's player impacted narrative decisions as say, New Vegas, but it stands rather well on its own so far in my opinion.

I knew from the hype that some people would expect this to be like Grand Theft Auto V because they saw flashy guns and third person driving. Not at all a fair or even slightly reasonable comparison.

The story does feel extremely weird in Cyberpunk 2077... I don’t want to go into spoilers. The game expects you to know some characters even though they are total strangers to people that are not familiar to the franchise.

It’s like hey look it’s that big name guy. I was like who the hell is that? Idk about these characters. I tried to look them up on google and yeah that just complicate things even more with all of their lores. I am feeling confused more than anything else.

The game is heavily focused on Japan and that’s hard for me to understand as well. Punk culture and traditional Japanese culture are the complete opposite of each other. Characters speak in foreign languages and all of a sudden they speak english again.

Hopefully the patch will smooth things out a bit..

Edited by mvpeast

5 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

The story does feel extremely weird in Cyberpunk 2077... I don’t want to go into spoilers. The game expects you to know some characters even though they are total strangers to people that are not familiar to the franchise.

It’s like hey look it’s that big name guy. I was like who the hell is that? Idk about these characters. I am feeling confused more than anything else.

The game is heavily focused on Japan and that’s hard for me to understand as well. Punk culture and traditional Japanese culture are the complete opposite of each other.

Hopefully the patch will smooth things out a bit..

Surprising to hear that you are confused that early in to the game. I'm further than you and haven't had that problem at all and i'm usually the one who gets confused in games and movies.

It doesn't seem like the game expects you to know anything, going in.

8 minutes ago, Woopa777 said:

Surprising to hear that you are confused that early in to the game. I'm further than you and haven't had that problem at all and i'm usually the one who gets confused in games and movies.

It doesn't seem like the game expects you to know anything, going in.

I have no problem understanding what these people are trying to do. I don’t know some of the NPCs bcz this is my first time playing a cyberpunk game. Like who the heck is this person and why do we care about them.

Also, that scene just don’t feel impactful to me at all. It’s like ok, what about it.

The reason why I bring this up because people keep saying the game is story driven but I can’t feel anything for some of these characters that just pop up out of nowhere.

Edited by mvpeast

6 hours ago, mvpeast said:

We want the game to be fun. Not just a world that has tall buildings. You can't do anything in those buildings except walking around or taking photos. The photo mode is also buggy as well.

It's possible to die from fall damage. It's very hilarious coz we are supposed to be some kind of invincible cyborgs but my character dies if it falls off from the second floor of a building. There are skills that "reduce fall damage".

The skill trees are all passive skills. u don't gain any new abilities like finishing moves, kung fu, etc.

you think that fall damage is bad? try dying from a literal step- it has happened too many times to me.

10 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

The game is heavily focused on Japan and that’s hard for me to understand as well. Punk culture and traditional Japanese culture are the complete opposite of each other. Characters speak in foreign languages and all of a sudden they speak english again.

the overarching theme of Cyberpunk is, like in Deus Ex, that humans can modify their bodies as they wish.

The influence of Japan in this setting comes from the fact that they were are the forefront of this development, have the most advanced tech and so on. In the lore, it's the only "empire" left in the world. In this world, America is viewed as a Third World Country by Japan. They basically are the only superpower left and of course, this is the reason why pretty much all of the world is heavily influenced by Japan (a bit like lots of culture around the world is influenced by American culture - music, movies and so on)
In the setting of this game, Japan has an established structure of foreign relations, including big trade deals with American nations, and therefore, much of it's influence can be seen all over the globe. Japan maintained strong trade relations with North, Central, and South America, the country has been a key factor in aiding much of the 3rd world including the fractured United States.
Or in other words: they basically conquered America without invading them. If you are a Civilization player, they basically achieved what would be a Cultural Victory in Civ ;)

• Like 4

Just now, mvpeast said:

I have no problem understanding what these people are trying to do. I don’t know some NPCs bcz this is my first time playing a cyberpunk game. Like who the heck is this person and why do we care about them.

If you don't know them yet, you are not supposed to or you haven't payed close enough attention. This is my first experience with any Cyberpunk media at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sicho said:

the overarching theme of Cyberpunk is, like in Deus Ex, that humans can modify their bodies as they wish.

The influence of Japan in this setting comes from the fact that they were are the forefront of this development, have the most advanced tech and so on. In the lore, it's the only "empire" left in the world. In this world, America is viewed as a Third World Country by Japan. They basically are the only superpower left and of course, this is the reason why pretty much all of the world is heavily influenced by Japan (a bit like lots of culture around the world is influenced by American culture - music, movies and so on)
In the setting of this game, Japan has an established structure of foreign relations, including big trade deals with American nations, and therefore, much of it's influence can be seen all over the globe. Japan maintained strong trade relations with North, Central, and South America, the country has been a key factor in aiding much of the 3rd world including the fractured United States.
Or in other words: they basically conquered America without invading them. If you are a Civilization player, they basically achieved what would be a Cultural Victory in Civ ;)

Great explanations.

I have japanese friends and none of them know what is cyberpunk.

4 minutes ago, Woopa777 said:

If you don't know them yet, you are not supposed to or you haven't payed close enough attention. This is my first experience with any Cyberpunk media at all.

It just feels weird. Hopefully it gets better. I am diving back in now..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Remember, the Cyberpunk RPG was created in 1988, a time when it was seriously argued that Japan was on the verge of eclipsing the United States as the largest economic superpower. It's very much a product of its times.

15 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Great explanations.

I have japanese friends and none of them know what is cyberpunk.

Maybe not, but they surely know Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Battle Angel Alita and so on. That's their version of dystopian future stories.

Cyberpunk was created in the 80s, back then Japan was booming! Many people thought the US were on their way down and Japan would become absolutely dominant. The Cyberpunk Universe is written with that viewpoint in mind.

Japan produced tech back then that everyone wanted. VHS players, Walkman, TVs, cars etc. - it was the Mecca of Technology! The US could not keep up. That's where this view comes from.

In Real Life, things then changed in the 90s. Japan still produced great tech, but software started to become more important. Silicon Valley and the fact that American software comes in English, THE Lingua Franca of the world, got America back on their feet. Japanese software is almost by necessity too foreign to users in America and elsewhere.

So when it was a question of TV's and cars etc. Japan was the clear winner.

But when operating systems, smartphone apps, desktop productivity software, E-commerce websites and the internet in general became more important, Japan fell out of favor.

They fell in a recession that they are still in today.
And that's why they didn't become the World Power everyone was thinking they might become in the 80s.

But this just as an explanation where the view, that Gibbons used to create Cyberpunk, came from.

You also see the Japan influence in other universes of the Cyberpunk genre. You need to understand that there are multiple meanings to the word Cyberpunk. Important in this case is that one is a subgenre of science fiction and the other one is a Roleplaying IP/Trademark. So there is an RPG in the Cyberpunk genre that also has the name Cyberpunk - and that's what this game is based on.

But Cyberpunk as a genre is well knwon throughout the world, even in Japan. They might just not know it that it is called Cyberpunk.

Movies like Matrix, Blade Runner, Tron, Judge Dredd or Ready Player One... ask your japanese friends if they know these movies. These movies are all part of the Cyberpunk genre.

And in a lot of those movies, there is also this big, japanese influence. Blade Runner is a great example of this. Blade Runners Wikipedia page for example says: "The popular 1980s prediction of the United States being economically surpassed by Japan is reflected in the domination of Japanese culture and corporations in the advertising of LA 2019."

Edited by Sicho
typos
  • Like 1