RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

@Psy-Tychist Any plans on doing this comp for 2022? I know a lot of effort when into 2021 so it requires a bit of work and fully understand if you decide not to go again.

13 hours ago, Eternal_Rach said:

Update:

Mugen Souls

100 + 25 - 0.85 - 20 (64% complete prior) x 5 (most wanted bonus) = 520.75

Congrats on this one, hope you sanity is still there.

Edited by fisty123

Update:

Genshin Impact: Inazuma 2

3b293714d4b3474cb065b0020c9a7a6b16427903

5 + 2 + 6 = 13

Gave up on Spiral Abyss for now to "crown" Hu Tao and Eula, although I may not try again until the monster lineup on floors 11 and 12 is somewhat easy to deal with and no Hydro Specters and Thunder Manifestations is part of the lineup.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2022 at 0:21 PM, Leon Castle said:

Update:

Gave up on Spiral Abyss for now to "crown" Hu Tao and Eula, although I may not try again until the monster lineup on floors 11 and 12 is somewhat easy to deal with and no Hydro Specters and Thunder Manifestations is part of the lineup.

It was a downright pain to pass, only reason why I stuck at it was after reading rumors on the internet and leaks it seems like it is only going to get harder before it get easier,
But yes I wasted so many hours and resources attempting to pass floor 12

• Like 1

My final update for this competition, what with it ending in less than a week:

12) Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Base Game: 100 + 70 (trophies) - 19.87 (plat rarity) = 150.13

Triple Game Bonus:  150.13 * 3 = 450.69

DLC (Maps & Monsters):  12

Total:  450.69 + 12 = 462.69

A very enjoyable Strategy-RPG.  Albeit one with an irregular difficulty curve where it's possible to get party-wiped really quickly if you stumble into things with the wrong set-up even if you've been curb-stomping the game prior to that.

• Like 2

On 15/01/2022 at 3:56 AM, fisty123 said:

@Psy-Tychist Any plans on doing this comp for 2022? I know a lot of effort when into 2021 so it requires a bit of work and fully understand if you decide not to go again.

I'm definitely considering running it again from March.

Anyone who would be interested in some friendly competition, let me know!

• Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 8:21 PM, Leon Castle said:

Update:

Genshin Impact: Inazuma 2

3b293714d4b3474cb065b0020c9a7a6b16427903

5 + 2 + 6 = 13

Ouch and here I am insanely levelling my Hu Tao to try and complete it before this month ends RIP. Do you think a C1 Diluc would work better with his increased damage on enemies above 50% HP?

On 1/26/2022 at 9:32 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Do you think a C1 Diluc would work better with his increased damage on enemies above 50% HP?

If those said enemies are not Thunder Manifestation then yes, but enemies that like to teleport like Thunder Manifestation? no, you might get him killed while trying to land a hit on the damn Manifestation. if at floor 12, don't use his pyro attacks on pyro enemies. Still you need to get at least 8 characters to to Phase 6, Level 90, have the best artifact sets for Hu Tao, Diluc and other characters(with the 4th on both teams being a Healer/Shielder or 3th and 4th on both teams being a Healer and Shielder) you choose and have their Talents at least LV 6 and your Main Attackers's Talents close to LV 10 aka crowned. anyway good luck with the grind.

7 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

If those said enemies are not Thunder Manifestation then yes, but enemies that like to teleport like Thunder Manifestation? no, you might get him killed while trying to land a hit on the damn Manifestation. if at floor 12, don't use his pyro attacks on pyro enemies. Still you need to get at least 8 characters to to Phase 6, Level 90, have the best artifact sets for Hu Tao, Diluc and other characters(with the 4th on both teams being a Healer/Shielder or 3th and 4th on both teams being a Healer and Shielder) you choose and have their Talents at least LV 6 and your Main Attackers's Talents close to LV 10 aka crowned. anyway good luck with the grind.

Yeah that's probably gonna be the only trophy I don't get for it. I've managed to do a pretty good grind, and my Hu Tao (Hu Tao I managed to snag some high elemental mastery besides HP bonus) and Ayaka can deal pretty good element crits. But just not enough Thunder Manifestation problem isn't the teleporting for me but the lack of a range units like Ganyu that can pelt them mid-air.

Oh well Genshin I'm putting down as done. Will calculate my score after.

Edit:

Genshin Impact Main Game:

75 + 9 - 5.68 - 15 = 63.32

DLC 1:

DLC 2:

DLC 3:

DLC 5:

DLC 6:

Total:

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

I kind of wanted to chime in here and say you don't need ascension 6/level 90 for your supports.  I run all mine at level 80 with semi-decent artifacts (Beidou can even handle the Abyss at only level 70) Also I would say you're wasting a sub-DPS spot if you're taking both a healer and a shielder - I have Bennett on one side and Diona on the other side, and that's been more than sufficient (except in the Abyss rotation that had corrosion damage on floor 11)

I am curious to see what teams you're running, as I think I recall you saying you don't pull for/use male characters so I'm interested to see who you're pairing with Hu Tao, if not Xingqiu?

Also with your artifacts, are you making sure to get optimal main stat and sub-stats for all your characters, and are they 5 star artifacts?  I know this might seem like a stupid question, but I saw someone recently on the forums who wasn't aware that you could get different main stat and sub-stats on their artifacts, and this is something that is quite important for clearing Abyss.

Edited by Mesopithecus

33 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I kind of wanted to chime in here and say you don't need ascension 6/level 90 for your supports.  I run all mine at level 80 with semi-decent artifacts (Beidou can even handle the Abyss at only level 70) Also I would say you're wasting a sub-DPS spot if you're taking both a healer and a shielder - I have Bennett on one side and Diona on the other side, and that's been more than sufficient (except in the Abyss rotation that had corrosion damage on floor 11)

I am curious to see what teams you're running, as I think I recall you saying you don't pull for/use male characters so I'm interested to see who you're pairing with Hu Tao, if not Xingqiu?

It would be very hard to pair her with anyone but Xingqiu. Because his ult gives the rapid hydro attacks on basic/charge. I mean one could use Barbara but her wet status has to be skin to skin close to apply.

But I agree doable with supports at lv70 (mien are actually at lv60.) Enemies at 80+ are basically HP sponges as long as the main carries have their damage and a couple good Artis should be doable unless the comp suffers. Though Ganyu and Yoimiya are the top carries this round.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

14 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Also with your artifacts, are you making sure to get optimal main stat and sub-stats for all your characters, and are they 5 star artifacts?  I know this might seem like a stupid question, but I saw someone recently on the forums who wasn't aware that you could get different main stat and sub-stats on their artifacts, and this is something that is quite important for clearing Abyss.

Now I feel stupid getting all members on both my teams to LV 90.

1. Hu Tao (with Deathmatch at Refinement Rank 5, MAX LV)
  2. Eula (with Snow-Tombed Starsilver at Refinement Rank 4, MAX LV)
  3. Yoimiya (with Rust at Refinement Rank 2, MAX LV)
  4. C6 Barbara (with Favonius Codex at Refinement Rank 1, MAX LV)
  5. Raiden Shogun (with "The Catch" at Refinement Rank 5, MAX LV)
  6. Jean (with Favonius Sword at Refinement Rank 3, MAX LV)
  7. Ganyu (with Skyward Harp at Refinement Rank 1, MAX LV)
  8. Sangonomiya Kokomi (with Prototype Amber at Refinement Rank 5, MAX LV)

I mix them up based on the lineup but making sure one healer is on both teams. sometimes I pair Raiden Shogun or Ganyu up with Hu Tao or Eula based on lineup.

Besides Ganyu, all of them have 4 star artifacts. from what I understand about the artifacts, the 5 star artifacts is rare to get compared to 4 star artifacts so it would take me longer time to try Abyss if I went for the 5 star version of Crimson Witch of Flames* for Hu Tao or the 5 star version of Pale Flame for Eula etc..

Also a question to you, did anyone use a "crowned" character then they went for the last 4 floors of Abyss?.

1 minute ago, Leon Castle said:

Now I feel stupid getting all members on both my teams to LV 90.

1. Hu Tao (with Deathmatch at Refinement Rank 5, MAX LV)
  2. Eula (with Snow-Tombed Starsilver at Refinement Rank 4, MAX LV)
  3. Yoimiya (with Rust at Refinement Rank 2, MAX LV)
  4. C6 Barbara (with Favonius Codex at Refinement Rank 1, MAX LV)
  5. Raiden Shogun (with "The Catch" at Refinement Rank 5, MAX LV)
  6. Jean (with Favonius Sword at Refinement Rank 3, MAX LV)
  7. Ganyu (with Skyward Harp at Refinement Rank 1, MAX LV)
  8. Sangonomiya Kokomi (with Prototype Amber at Refinement Rank 5, MAX LV)

I mix them up based on the lineup but making sure one healer is on both teams. sometimes I pair Raiden Shogun or Ganyu up with Hu Tao or Eula based on lineup.

Besides Ganyu, all of them have 4 star artifacts. from what I understand about the artifacts, the 5 star artifacts is rare to get compared to 4 star artifacts so it would take me longer time to try Abyss if I went for the 5 star version of Crimson Witch of Flames* for Hu Tao or the 5 star version of Pale Flame for Eula etc..

Also a question to you, did anyone use a "crowned" character then they went for the last 4 floors of Abyss?.

Nooo, don't feel stupid.  Everyone plays the game differently and that's fine.

For artifacts, if you're doing the level 90 domains you get a guaranteed 5 star artifact - occasionally you might get two drop.  With your artifacts, are you also making sure to get the best main stat and sub stat for your characters?  Like for Hu Tao for example getting a pyro goblet, a crit rate/crit dmg circlet and a HP sands?  This spreadsheet is so useful for seeing best sets and what stats each character needs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/pubhtml?gid=654398186#

I'd say with the Abyss getting harder it would absolutely be worth getting 5 star artifacts for your main DPS characters as it will bump up their capability a bit.  I'd also probably see if you could re-organize your teams a little, you have a lot of DPS characters who need field time and not so many off-field DPS where you'll be triggering reactions.

I didn't have any crowned characters for my Abyss runs, maximum talents on my main DPS characters were 8 - my teams are Childe, Bennett, Xiangling and Sucrose and Keqing, Xingqiu, Beidou and Diona - out of those only Childe and Keqing are level 90

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

For artifacts, if you're doing the level 90 domains you get a guaranteed 5 star artifact - occasionally you might get two drop.  With your artifacts, are you also making sure to get the best main stat and sub stat for your characters?  Like for Hu Tao for example getting a pyro goblet, a crit rate/crit dmg circlet and a HP sands?  This spreadsheet is so useful for seeing best sets and what stats each character needs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/pubhtml?gid=654398186#

I'd say with the Abyss getting harder it would absolutely be worth getting 5 star artifacts for your main DPS characters as it will bump up their capability a bit.  I'd also probably see if you could re-organize your teams a little, you have a lot of DPS characters who need field time and not so many off-field DPS where you'll be triggering reactions.

Looking at Hu Tao and Eula's artifacts, none of the 3 artifacts met the recommend main stat but all 5 had some of the recommend sub-stats. while working on crowning Eula, I can try getting the 5 stars of Crimson Witch of Flames and Pale Flame with the recommend main stat and sub-stats.

Hmm... I had plans to replace Yoimiya with Yae Miko then I get her and level her up to 70 or so doing the 2.5 version(at least the new floor 11 & 12 lineups in Abyss don't have a Thunder Manifestation but those damn Hydro Specters had to come back)

Edited by Leon Castle

On 1/26/2022 at 1:25 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

'm definitely considering running it again from March.

Anyone who would be interested in some friendly competition, let me know!

I missed signups last year, I would definitely like a run at it this year if you are doing it again.  :) 

• 3 weeks later...

To all here, thank you for your patience and apologise for the lack of updates, even at the end of the event.

I have kept the majority up to date and there are many posts I would like to address.

But first, Congratulations to everyone and I hope that everyone enjoyed the RPG's they played this year!

The tables have been updated with all the valid games and I will do a final sweep through to update everything as thoroughly as I can.

Some notes: to @AlterArchuria Congrats on scoring the most points and becoming the Champion of RPG's for 2021! Also congrats to @Jens, @fisty123, @Eternal_Rach and @Laburnski for being the Top 5 competitors.

To @fisty123 - There were a lot of games you completed that said RPG on PSNP and did not have that title on TT or PST, otherwise your score would be a lot higher.

To @Lord_Bane999 and @acasser - I will institute a rule that means you can veto ONE game from your list if you believe that it doesn't comply with what you believe to be an RPG, so if that is Gems of War for this round, then I shall zero out the points for them.

To @FreeSpark22 and @Spinacheq - The new round of RPG 2022 is now open and will be updated soon.

The new thread is now open: RPG Mania 2022 and I hope to see you all there :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

To all here, thank you for your patience and apologise for the lack of updates, even at the end of the event.

I have kept the majority up to date and there are many posts I would like to address.

But first, Congratulations to everyone and I hope that everyone enjoyed the RPG's they played this year!

The tables have been updated with all the valid games and I will do a final sweep through to update everything as thoroughly as I can.

Some notes: to @AlterArchuria Congrats on scoring the most points and becoming the Champion of RPG's for 2021! Also congrats to @Jens, @fisty123, @Eternal_Rach and @Laburnski for being the Top 5 competitors.

To @fisty123 - There were a lot of games you completed that said RPG on PSNP and did not have that title on TT or PST, otherwise your score would be a lot higher.

To @Lord_Bane999 and @acasser - I will institute a rule that means you can veto ONE game from your list if you believe that it doesn't comply with what you believe to be an RPG, so if that is Gems of War for this round, then I shall zero out the points for them.

To @FreeSpark22 and @Spinacheq - The new round of RPG 2022 is now open and will be updated soon.

The new thread is now open: RPG Mania 2022 and I hope to see you all there :)

Well first and foremost thanks for the updates and dealing with us (mostly me :P) during the comp  @Psy-Tychist since you did have a lot on your plate mid way through.

It was fun going against everyone till the very end and hope no one has gotten the RPG burnout now since there seems to be many more this year lol

Hope everyone continues knocking out them RPGs be it in the next competition or for fun ?

10 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Feel a tad ripped off over this ruling, even more when some of the games you did not allow have basically the same game style allowed under another game all because another website says so.
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth for instance is basically a Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night rip off yet one was allowed the other was not which is why on platforms like Steam this is listed as an RPG.

I feel this ruling needs to be adjusted for next season as in the rules it also has

" 5) I am the final decision maker for any disputes or questions, but I am not a tyrant. There are people who will know more about RPG’s than I do, and in these instances I will trust the judgement of the many or of the well informed. "

However this only takes effect if you are actively updating the leaderboard which has not been the case, I had no way to know you would not allow these titles as there has been a lack of updates, I am not having a go at you for this its been a hell of time for a lot of us these past 12 months but I think the ruling there should change to something like someone else posting that it's not an RPG many of us check the leadboard to see how everyone is going I am sure if someone posted a game that was not an RPG someone would call it out if the rules allowed us to do so.

Another one would be to get details of site likes Steam, while I don't like the platform their classification for games is much better then an outdated PlayStationTrophies.org (Yes I am saying this even being a member of that site for sometime now)

In the end not my comp so your welcomed to run it how you like but it feels a tad annoying not knowing these would not be allowed when for instance Record of Lodoss War was posted two months ago and sorry if I sounded harsh it was not my intention.

Edited by fisty123