RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

39 minutes ago, Jens said:

Well, with so many completions on this site even we could reach top 10%, that's rare :P Game #19 and call out #2 done, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is doneso.

[100 + 28(B) + 18(S) + 24(G)] x 3 + 50 (speedrun) - 40.22 = 519.78

You know its kinda suspicious when you of all people get the calculations wrong after completing so many games and having calculate a call out before since it looks like you intentionally try to slip one in and pad your score with adding the trophy rarity after since that a 80 difference now which sure accidents can happen but come on now what's the odds to get it wrong at this point after so many.

1 hour ago, AlterArchuria said:

You know its kinda suspicious when you of all people get the calculations wrong after completing so many games and having calculate a call out before since it looks like you intentionally try to slip one in and pad your score with adding the trophy rarity after since that a 80 difference now which sure accidents can happen but come on now what's the odds to get it wrong at this point after so many.

Dude... that's exactly why I post these calculations in here, because everyone can be stupid. These calculations don't even matter because Psy adds the numbers on his own and lets the spreadsheet work the magic. I could come up with 3000 points by accident and it wouldn't make any difference, the only number we (maybe) provide is the current rarity at this point. Me of all people... as if I'm an event prodigy or something, come on now :P

More variables than usual and I added them in the wrong place, that's pretty much it. The first time I had to add two extra factors and added them after the trophy addition which is obviously incorrect. But yeah, you got me, I tried my very best cheating the system in the most public fashion possible Mr. Holmes.

Edit: Fixed it. And an actual unironic thanks for letting me know. Even if it might be a little hard to believe now :P

Edited by Jens

Wait, so Jens gets one calculation wrong and all of a sudden it's suspicious?  Man what an overreaction, y'all need to chill out a bit.

I was so frazzled earlier that I was struggling to work out a 4th grade math problem (and I work in Finance)  So yeah....people make mistakes sometimes and as pointed out, Psy picks up these things anyway so it's not as if Jens is intentionally trying to sneak in extra points :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, Jens said:

Dude... that's exactly why I post these calculations in here, because everyone can be stupid. These calculations don't even matter because Psy adds the numbers on his own and lets the spreadsheet work the magic. I could come up with 3000 points by accident and it wouldn't make any difference, the only number we (maybe) provide is the current rarity at this point. Me of all people... as if I'm an event prodigy or something, come on now :P

More variables than usual and I added them in the wrong place, that's pretty much it. The first time I had to add two extra factors and added them after the trophy addition which is obviously incorrect. But yeah, you got me, I tried my very best cheating the system in the most public fashion possible Mr. Holmes.

Edit: Fixed it. And an actual unironic thanks for letting me know. Even if it might be a little hard to believe now :P

20 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Wait, so Jens gets one calculation wrong and all of a sudden it's suspicious?  Man what an overreaction, y'all need to chill out a bit.

I was so frazzled earlier that I was struggling to work out a 4th grade math problem (and I work in Finance)  So yeah....people make mistakes sometimes and as pointed out, Psy picks up these things anyway so it's not as if Jens is intentionally trying to sneak in extra points :facepalm:

While I get where your both coming from I'm just pointing out its still odd for someone(s) to suddenly get it wrong after so many games plus if anything shouldn't we be getting our numbers right to make it easier for psy anyways since it means a slightly faster update possibly, also its not like the example doesn't show how its done so you just had to look on the first page which would take like 2 seconds :P All I'm saying is at least we should get our number right to make less work, else we would be making extra work like this conversation for no reason lol 

23 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

While I get where your both coming from I'm just pointing out its still odd for someone(s) to suddenly get it wrong after so many games plus if anything shouldn't we be getting our numbers right to make it easier for psy anyways since it means a slightly faster update possibly, also its not like the example doesn't show how its done so you just had to look on the first page which would take like 2 seconds :P All I'm saying is at least we should get our number right to make less work, else we would be making extra work like this conversation for no reason lol 

I think you're just making this a bigger deal than it really actually is to be honest.  I don't think getting a calculation right or wrong makes it any harder work, as it looks like for most part the spreadsheet auto-calculates everything, so all that's needed are for the raw numbers to be entered anyway.

I don't understand why it's so odd to you for someone to get a calculation wrong, it happens to the best of us - maybe a polite message to say "oh hey, I think you made a mistake in the calculation" would have sufficed, rather than being salty and rude about it and saying it's "suspicious".  People have gotten calculations wrong throughout the event and haven't been called out about it in this manner.  So yes, this conversation is extra work, but maybe it's due to your unnecessarily rude comments being the catalyst.

Edited by Mesopithecus

35 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I think you're just making this a bigger deal than it really actually is to be honest.  I don't think getting a calculation right or wrong makes it any harder work, as it looks like for most part the spreadsheet auto-calculates everything, so all that's needed are for the raw numbers to be entered anyway.

I don't understand why it's so odd to you for someone to get a calculation wrong, it happens to the best of us - maybe a polite message to say "oh hey, I think you made a mistake in the calculation" would have sufficed, rather than being salty and rude about it and saying it's "suspicious".  People have gotten calculations wrong throughout the event and haven't been called out about it in this manner.  So yes, this conversation is extra work, but maybe it's due to your unnecessarily rude comments being the catalyst.

I wasn't even making it out to be a big deal since I was just going to leave it at what I posted and what Jens said but your the one that piled on and continued it, all I was pointing out that he wrote it up differently then normal since everyone tends to have there own ways/habit to write there update so my bad at me noticing small details like that and sure maybe i shouldn't have said suspicious but I seen some people try to pull stuff like that before so its better to be safe then sorry now. Was I rude, yes and i apologize to you @Jens but don't know why your saying I'm salty since I was trying to keep things fair so no one tries to pull a fast one that is all.

3 hours ago, AlterArchuria said:

don't know why your saying I'm salty

I think because Jens is currently in first. It is coming across as salty since a couple weeks ago you asked about him being a team account when he said 'we' after he and his girlfriend finished P5R together. Then the manner in which you let him know he made an error with his calculation today...so it is coming across that way a bit. I get fair play and stuff, but this competition has absolutely no prize or anything so he gains nothing by cheating and would only risk his reputation on the site by doing so. 

I mean statistically speaking, it's more likely he'd make a mistake the more of these he posts so it was bound to happen. I don't think there's anything nefarious going on.

I mean you've apologized so water under the bridge....but when I first read the comments, my first thought was you were salty too lol

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

And here I thought I just go to bed and things will be forgotten :P

First things first, apology accepted dude. It's not like you tried threatening my life or anything :D And I will admit that I can see the angle where it looks at least weird and dumb (which it was :P ), just that "suspicious" part did hit a bit of a nerve. But yeah, I can 100% promise you that it was nothing but stupidity, that's all. I probably focused too much on keeping my super rare speedrun points out of the multiplier that I didn't pay enough attention where I added that part.

But just to ease your mind about this once more, we're mostly doing these calculations for fun. Look up my calculation for Warsaw in the beginning of the event. It was SUPER wrong. I calculated all trophies with 1 point (I still don't know how I overlooked that part for so long... only remembered prep penalties), I didn't add the speedrun points because I didn't even consider those. But he fixed all those mistakes by checking himself and through the spreadsheet. I asked him in a PM why I ended up with such a wrong result and that's when I knew that it's just a fun, unifying thing to do in an event like this. There's no way copy&pasting our calculations, he has to do that on his own. The only thing he might trust us on is current plat rarity, but we're talking about 0.XX points with this, so who cares. So we don't help him by calculating flawlessly and we don't make him suffer by doing it wrong either. So here's some credit to @Psy-Tychist as our neutral point judge, probably too little too late though!

Letting people know about mistakes isn't a bad idea because it might help clearing up confusion in the long run as it did for me. But if someone tries some funky shenanigans with his / her calculations it will never work :P

10 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

After spending 15 hours helping my other half through labour and having our son put into and incubator, the last 36 hours have been eventful. With very little sleep, so to everyone still here, thank you for your patience and I hope that everyone keeps enjoying their RPG's.

I forgot it once while browsing on my phone, but I won't forget it a second time: Congratulations dude!

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

After spending 15 hours helping my other half through labour and having our son put into and incubator, the last 36 hours have been eventful. With very little sleep, so to everyone still here, thank you for your patience and I hope that everyone keeps enjoying their RPG's.

Don't worry, take all the time you need. Congratulations! 

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Congratulations! Get used to that 'very little sleep' part :)  Hope the little guy is doing ok! 

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Congratulations!  

13 hours ago, Briste said:

I think because Jens is currently in first. It is coming across as salty since a couple weeks ago you asked about him being a team account when he said 'we' after he and his girlfriend finished P5R together. Then the manner in which you let him know he made an error with his calculation today...so it is coming across that way a bit. I get fair play and stuff, but this competition has absolutely no prize or anything so he gains nothing by cheating and would only risk his reputation on the site by doing so. 

I mean statistically speaking, it's more likely he'd make a mistake the more of these he posts so it was bound to happen. I don't think there's anything nefarious going on.

I mean you've apologized so water under the bridge....but when I first read the comments, my first thought was you were salty too lol

Kind of funny since i thought that same reason was because he was also in first since things just become habit after a certain point in doing them plus with the whole team account thing i was neutral about since there was no rule about it and I didn't even notice it since someone pointed out to me so I was just curious and took the bullet on that one lol

7 hours ago, Jens said:

And here I thought I just go to bed and things will be forgotten :P

First things first, apology accepted dude. It's not like you tried threatening my life or anything :D And I will admit that I can see the angle where it looks at least weird and dumb (which it was :P ), just that "suspicious" part did hit a bit of a nerve. But yeah, I can 100% promise you that it was nothing but stupidity, that's all. I probably focused too much on keeping my super rare speedrun points out of the multiplier that I didn't pay enough attention where I added that part.

But just to ease your mind about this once more, we're mostly doing these calculations for fun. Look up my calculation for Warsaw in the beginning of the event. It was SUPER wrong. I calculated all trophies with 1 point (I still don't know how I overlooked that part for so long... only remembered prep penalties), I didn't add the speedrun points because I didn't even consider those. But he fixed all those mistakes by checking himself and through the spreadsheet. I asked him in a PM why I ended up with such a wrong result and that's when I knew that it's just a fun, unifying thing to do in an event like this. There's no way copy&pasting our calculations, he has to do that on his own. The only thing he might trust us on is current plat rarity, but we're talking about 0.XX points with this, so who cares. So we don't help him by calculating flawlessly and we don't make him suffer by doing it wrong either. So here's some credit to @Psy-Tychist as our neutral point judge, probably too little too late though!

Letting people know about mistakes isn't a bad idea because it might help clearing up confusion in the long run as it did for me. But if someone tries some funky shenanigans with his / her calculations it will never work :P

No rest for the wicked.....I mean yes forgotten xD

But yea I get it, while i know Psy gotta put in the numbers sometimes with stuff like speedrun and whatnot you never know if you will be knocked down come the update so i figured at least some parts should be right since if u think about it the closer the competition the more smaller point matters in the outcome. Also we cannot discriminate against the 0.XX points now, they all matter! :P

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Damn, I go away and have a baby and the thread explodes with life.

@Jens @AlterArchuria I know there is no malice intended but just tone down on the way it was put across. Everyone makes mistakes, I know the calculation is unwieldy and not easy to write in a uniform way. I will write a little form to fill in which will make it easier to fill in and reduce confusion to all and hopefully make updates quicker too.

Haha my bad didn't think it would explode like this.

But congratulations! Take all the time you need since you deserve it after being up nearly 2 days and its not like us trouble makers are going anywhere lol

On 30/08/2021 at 8:58 AM, xZoneHunter said:

Update:

Absolver: 100 + 7 (42) + 9 (18) + 6 (6) = 166 - 0.68 = 165.32 + 50 (speedrun #56 out of 801 completions) = 215,32

In case anybody is wondering, absolver is in essence a fighting/brawler game but it's listed as an RPG and action RPG here and on TT. It has a lot of RPG elements such as a leveling system, attribute points, equipment, skills (moves), character customization, etc.

I can confirm it's kind of more rpg-ish, if anyone play the older BioWare game Jade Empire it's very similar in it's appaorach of travelling around and learning different martial arts and weapon styles.