Favorite 2K Franchise? (Excluding Sports)

Goro

Favorite 2K Franchise? (Excluding Sports)  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2K Franchise? (Excluding Sports)

• BioShock
    • Borderlands
    • Mafia
    • Spec Ops
    • The Darkness
    • XCOM
    • Other (Leave Comment)

Why so much constant hatred towards sports games? Is it just because people don't like sports? This is about "franchise" so the "yearly release" argument is irrelevant.

In this case especially NBA2k is an extremely well-made game. My favorite by far.

Mafia, Mafia 2 is 10/10

That's really good news. I recently picked up the original Mafia secondhand on Xbox and I have Mafia II for PS3 but haven't played it, yet. Would you mind telling me, are there any online requirements for 100% in that game? I know there's DLC but I'm hoping everything is singleplayer-sandbox glory.

Edited by RedEye420

That's really good news. I recently picked up the original Mafia secondhand on Xbox and I have Mafia II for PS3 but haven't played it, yet. Would you mind telling me, are there any online requirements for 100% in that game? I know there's DLC but I'm hoping everything is singleplayer-sandbox glory.

Nope, the game doesn't even have online, it's all singleplayer trophies, it's quite an easy platinum. The only boring part might be picking up the WANTED posters, the Playboy magazines are actually very good  :lol:

The story is fantastic, hope you like it as well

Borderlands gets my vote. The first game was great but the second one is incredible. I've never played a game that has made me laugh so hard!

Spec Ops is also amazing. I'm currently working my way through the FUBAR difficulty. Once that's done I will probably start Bioshock Infinite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Return to me
Oh my dear I'm so lonely
Hurry back, hurry back
Oh my love hurry back I'm yours

Return to me
For my heart wants you only
Hurry home, hurry home
Won't you please hurry home to my heart

My darling, if I hurt you I'm sorry
Forgive me and please say you are mine

Return to me
Please come back bella mia
Hurry back, hurry home to my arms
To my lips and my heart

Retorna me
Cara mia ti amo
Solo tu, solo tu, solo tu, solo tu
Mio cuore

... oh... I voted for Mafia, of course.

Edited by Neputyunu

From all the franchises listed, I've only played 3: Bioshock (without Infinite), Spec Ops and The Darkness.

Spec Ops: The Line is definitely a hidden gem. It has a great psychological story with (surprisingly) some memorable characters and decent gameplay.

The Darkness is yet another hidden gem, but with II ending in a cliff-hanger and no recent news of another entry makes this go in second place tied with Spec-Ops.

So Bioshock is my favorite so far. Great dark-themed stories with solid gameplay. Imo 2 is not as great as 1, it's more emotional, and the psycho's reasons doesn't make you think like Andrew Ryan (and to a lesser extent...ehem, the true antagonist). On the other hand, the good ending was pretty solid and it made you feel like you were in the game. Connecting with some characters was also a nice touch.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra