Free PS5 PS Plus Only GAMES apperantly cost money? after taken them.

shai_sr12345

I have a weird question to ask you. 

I have PS Plus & manage to get so far all of them. But last i have checked one of the game's that I did get for free (also see it in the purchase category) is somehow show me its cost money now (even though I also have a screenshot that I have taken it for free when it came out in the particular month) 

Tldr: is the PS5 ps plus free games for more then 1 month cost after that real money to play them. 

Edited by shai_sr12345

5 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

I have a weird question to ask you. 

I have PS Plus & manage to get so far all of them. But last i have checked one of the game's that I did get for free (also see it in the purchase category) is somehow show me its cost money now (even though I also have a screenshot that I have taken it for free when it came out in the particular month) 

Tldr: is the PS5 ps plus free games for more then 1 month cost after that real money to play them. 

They shouldn't be like that. But I have a question. Sony changed their policy on PS+ games some time ago, to allow people to buy them even if they had earlier received them as PS+ games. 

So, despite the price showing, are you still able to download the game?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

But last i have checked one of the game's that I did get for free (also see it in the purchase category) is somehow show me its cost money now (even though I also have a screenshot that I have taken it for free when it came out in the particular month) 

Bugsnax was only the PS5 version for free on Plus, the PS4 version was never free. Same with Maneater. The only game that had a free PS5 AND PS4 version so far was Worms Rumble. 

Which game exactly are you talking about?

Also, when you saw it had a price attached - did you fully open the game page to check? I found that sometimes the thumbnails of a game you own or have unlocked via PS+ membership might show a price, but if you open them up, you'll see the download button instead of the purchase button on the corresponding game page.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Bugsnax was only the PS5 version for free on Plus, the PS4 version was never free. Same with Maneater. The only game that had a free PS5 AND PS4 version so far was Worms Rumble. 

And Control: Ultimate edition.

Just now, DaivRules said:

Is that one available yet? I didn't include anything that could possibly change before we can access it since clearly it can't be what they're talking about having experience with in this thread.

Oh sorry, you're right it's available tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, omnx-supak said:

That happened to me yesterday. If you search Bugsnax in the Search tab 'ALL', it will show up that you need to buy it. But that is the PS4 version. You either need to search it in your library or in the Games tab in Search.

Yes, the PS4 version of Bugsnax was not part of Plus, only the PS5 version.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago, PS fixed the stupid bug that prevents purchasing games that were claimed with PS Plus. You can claim them with your PS Plus membership and still buy them so if your membership expires, you can still play those games. If you can download the games, then there's no problem. Otherwise, you should contact support.

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

They shouldn't be like that. But I have a question. Sony changed their policy on PS+ games some time ago, to allow people to buy them even if they had earlier received them as PS+ games. 

So, despite the price showing, are you still able to download the game?

OK I forgot to say it in my original post but i have claimed the game with the app & check that the game is really in my purchase category. 

I don't have PS5 to see it on the console itself & non of my friends have PS5 that I can check this. So the game claimed only on the app. But I have screen shots on the moment that I have taken them & the last time I have checked before the new games that have come the game still has shown me that it's was playable only on PS5. 

I think i have the game but wanted to ask here for safety assumptions .

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I forgot to say it before but don't have PS5 at all & all my friends don't have PS5 corently so the games have been taken through the app. 

The specific game at the moment is bugsnax. I have screens hot from the first day that I have taken it & was checked to see if the game actually has been added & it was. And before the new games have come I did check to see & it's was the PS5 version don't know why the title have changed now in the purchase to Bugsnax and it want from me money now. 

I think I have the PS5 but don't know why the game show me thus, Maneater didn't change title and corently is still free to use. Will update you if something will change. 

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Also, when you saw it had a price attached - did you fully open the game page to check? I found that sometimes the thumbnails of a game you own or have unlocked via PS+ membership might show a price, but if you open them up, you'll see the download button instead of the purchase button on the corresponding game page.

I don't have PS5 the game have been taken through the app. But will check it on pc store page maybe it will show me the PS5 version is free in my library. Because the game is in purchase but after clicking on the icon the title of the game is without the PS5 platform just the name of the game & want me to pay for it

3 hours ago, omnx-supak said:

That happened to me yesterday. If you search Bugsnax in the Search tab 'ALL', it will show up that you need to buy it. But that is the PS4 version. You either need to search it in your library or in the Games tab in Search.

I was taken bugsnax on day one through the app because I don't have PS5 & the game is in the purchase category but dud try the 2 version & still show me bugsnax without the PS5 platform name in the title. But have screens hot of when I have taken it & last before the newest game with PS5 Version have come I have check to see if the game have actually been saved & it was & also have the PS5 name in the title. Now it don't have hope Maneater will still have the platform name in the title because have checked it now & it all right and nothing is broken with it

As others have mentioned it may be due to the PSPlus change they introduced months back.

If you add a game to library when you look at the game in store or on the web now it will show a price still. This is because before sometimes people added games from ps plus their ps plus would run out and if for whatever reason they wanted to buy the game. They couldn't as they would just keep getting prompted instead to rejoin ps plus to use the license.

Sony's solution to this was to offer all ps plus titles for purchase, due to the way it works though the purchase button has too show up for everyone. Usually on the PS4/PS5 main store for the console you will see an a "Purchase" button and a "Download" button beside each other for these titles. As long as you see the download that means you added it previously from ps plus and can continue to download and play it. Other way to check is to search your library (check your pS5 ps plus titles on your phone though if you don't have a ps5 yet as consoles libraries restrict what's shown to only what's playable on that console)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

As others have mentioned it may be due to the PSPlus change they introduced months back.

If you add a game to library when you look at the game in store or on the web now it will show a price still. This is because before sometimes people added games from ps plus their ps plus would run out and if for whatever reason they wanted to buy the game. They couldn't as they would just keep getting prompted instead to rejoin ps plus to use the license.

Sony's solution to this was to offer all ps plus titles for purchase, due to the way it works though the purchase button has too show up for everyone. Usually on the PS4/PS5 main store for the console you will see an a "Purchase" button and a "Download" button beside each other for these titles. As long as you see the download that means you added it previously from ps plus and can continue to download and play it. Other way to check is to search your library (check your pS5 ps plus titles on your phone though if you don't have a ps5 yet as consoles libraries restrict what's shown to only what's playable on that console)

OK. First of All Thank You For The Long Comment. It did very help me, to check if I have the game. 

The app is lacking, the filter category, of Purchase items & don't have the PS Plus games in the full 4 categorys. 

I did find the filter, of the Purchase Category, on the Web Store & found so far All the PS Plus games on my PS5 catalog of Purchases games. but Again after seeing Bugsnax there with PS Plus Icon is send me for Bugsnax (without PS5 name on the title) & asking for money. I think they send me for the PS4&PS5 version & not the PS5 only version. 

In conclusion I think I have been fully take the PS5 Version after all, Because if not It will not have been have Appear in the Purchased PS5 filter category with all of the other I have taken in the pass. 

Thank you for the help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shai_sr12345 said:

OK. First of All Thank You For The Long Comment. It did very help me, to check if I have the game. 

The app is lacking, the filter category, of Purchase items & don't have the PS Plus games in the full 4 categorys. 

I did find the filter, of the Purchase Category, on the Web Store & found so far All the PS Plus games on my PS5 catalog of Purchases games. but Again after seeing Bugsnax there with PS Plus Icon is send me for Bugsnax (without PS5 name on the title) & asking for money. I think they send me for the PS4&PS5 version & not the PS5 only version. 

In conclusion I think I have been fully take the PS5 Version after all, Because if not It will not have been have Appear in the Purchased PS5 filter category with all of the other I have taken in the pass. 

Thank you for the help

No worries I agree it's confusing as well.

And yeah for Bugsnax the proper one will only be PS5 version. The combo PS4/PS5 version wasn't given for free. 

Btw using the app as well I noticed what you mean by Bugsnax PS5 is missing when searching the store either on the web or in app. If it's not going up on either then that mean it has been removed from there. It could be possibly these PS5 versions for PSPlus are actually only available during their months maybe? I guess we will find out tomorrow when it switches and if Maneater PS5 disappears from the store next.

20 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

No worries I agree it's confusing as well.

And yeah for Bugsnax the proper one will only be PS5 version. The combo PS4/PS5 version wasn't given for free. 

Btw using the app as well I noticed what you mean by Bugsnax PS5 is missing when searching the store either on the web or in app. If it's not going up on either then that mean it has been removed from there. It could be possibly these PS5 versions for PSPlus are actually only available during their months maybe? I guess we will find out tomorrow when it switches and if Maneater PS5 disappears from the store next.

I am have other question for you. 

I don't know if it was happening for you as well, but when i taken the control ultimate edition from ps4 store it didn't take the PS5 Version with it, I discovered it when I log in to the app, to take the distraction Allstars. after taking the other control ultimate edition, it was counted that I have taken PS5 Version also. 

WHY it's was not like worms rumble, that have given you automatically, all the versions in one. 

8 hours ago, shai_sr12345 said:

I am have other question for you. 

I don't know if it was happening for you as well, but when i taken the control ultimate edition from ps4 store it didn't take the PS5 Version with it, I discovered it when I log in to the app, to take the distraction Allstars. after taking the other control ultimate edition, it was counted that I have taken PS5 Version also. 

WHY it's was not like worms rumble, that have given you automatically, all the versions in one. 

Sadly I can't answer that one for you myself as I bought the ultimate edition prior to them making it a ps plus thing. So I already have access to both versions.

The only thing I can think of is some games that get an upgrade for free usually need the PS4 version downloaded first on the system then you can opt to download the upgrade to PS5 version. (I think it mainly for disc based games only though.)

Maybe someone else knows exactly? The whole thing anyways has been confusing some with how they're releasing shared titles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Sadly I can't answer that one for you myself as I bought the ultimate edition prior to them making it a ps plus thing. So I already have access to both versions.

The only thing I can think of is some games that get an upgrade for free usually need the PS4 version downloaded first on the system then you can opt to download the upgrade to PS5 version. (I think it mainly for disc based games only though.)

Maybe someone else knows exactly? The whole thing anyways has been confusing some with how they're releasing shared titles.

OK thank you, I will wait for other people to comment on this topic & see what they know about control.