MGS4 Platinum from a MGS Vet Standpoint

Rebourne07

3 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I've never downloaded any camo from MGO section but I guess that Metal camo would've made the bike chase (escecially the 2nd part)a bit easier.

50 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Unfortunately the metal camo effect doesn't help during the bike chase.

It seems like its the only part of the game where it doesnt help. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 6:49 AM, HaserPL said:

Not trying to diminish the deed, but I think that there's nothing here that wouldn't have been already well known to players going for the plat, considering this game is like 8 years old now (or at least trophies are).

Agreed.

• 3 weeks later...

Metal Gear Solid 2 is certainly harder in my opinion. Metal Gear Solid V is more tedious than difficult. Metal Gear Solid 4 is snuggly inbetween, with a lot of tedium as well as difficulty in my opinion. Metal Gear Rising(Though a different genre) is a nightmare to platinum and I’d rather platinum MGS2 again than platinum that game again.

The SaveMGO advice for the camo codes was clever. For anyone going for it, this is good advice.

• Like 1

The only difficult parts for me during my platinum run were the bike chase, and getting all the emblems; specifically the Chicken emblem. I hate trophies that are linked to playtime, because it means having to leave the console on for an unattended period of time. MGS4 is also a short game if you skip all the cutscenes.

MGS2 is definitely the hardest MGS platinum because of Extreme/European Extreme difficulty and having to beat all the annoying VR missions.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:08 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Well that's the thing with older games. Guides have been written and published so anyone still going for those platinums can go for them.

The deal with Metal Gear Solid 4 however is everyone has a different way of approaching it. I remember when I was still going to college back in 2008 being utterly amazed at how awesome MGS4 looked. Nowadays, it's rather dated, but when it comes to story and delivery, it has aged like fine wine.

that ending cinematic amirite ?

Though I also see this as not really anything new and more of a 'look at me, I've platinumed this game!' post like some have said, I do agree with the OPs points. Though, as mentioned even by the OP themselves, guides are readily available on this site and YouTube which have this covered already.

On a side note, I do wish this game had more gameplay. I reckon it holds up well today. There's just so little of it. Been a while since I thought of MGS4, so thnx to OP for bringing it back to my attention.