Servers not working.. Shutdown or Update?

1 hour ago, Chaos_Culture said:

That wasnt for no reason.
Gamespy,, the company that hosted the servers, shut down.
A lot of online games went offline as a result.

Not defending the corporation. WB is a terrible company, in most regards but, in that case, I understood.

This^

The GameSpy situation was a shitshow for a lot of devs, because it left them with little to no time or resources to find an alternate solution for their online connectivity so were forced to close everything down :(. Some games made it through ok but most were DOA because of this.

I remember they didn't announce gotham city imposters and guardians of middle earths closure either aside from quietly delisting both games(in gcis case after it was in one of those 1$ games sale which infamously annoyed me and dozens of other boosters with the spike in players) but at least both ea and rockstar had the decency to list the closure dates for midnight club la and bulletstorm when the time came.

On 12/27/2021 at 5:16 PM, Chaos_Culture said:

That wasnt for no reason.
Gamespy,, the company that hosted the servers, shut down.
A lot of online games went offline as a result.

Not defending the corporation. WB is a terrible company, in most regards but, in that case, I understood.

That's not it, sorry, you are misinformed. GameSpy died a long time ago, MK9's online servers were moved and worked fine up until last spring (I know it for sure, since I played online in 2018-2019; it connected just fine). They were shut down for no particular reason, especially since Xbox servers still work just fine. So yeah, it has nothing to do with GameSpy.
You can look up threads here, on PSNProfiles.

And I see that either they updated post on their site (and closed servers on 360) or I somehow missed the fact that it wasn't just PS3 thing.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

That's not it, sorry, you are misinformed. GameSpy died a long time ago, MK9's online servers were moved and worked fine up until last spring (I know it for sure, since I played online in 2018-2019; it connected just fine). They were shut down for no particular reason, especially since Xbox servers still work just fine. So yeah, it has nothing to do with GameSpy.
You can look up threads here, on PSNProfiles.

And I see that either they updated post on their site (and closed servers on 360) or I somehow missed the fact that it wasn't just PS3 thing.

I thought it was every version. I am sorry for spreading misinformation. Thanks for clarifying so I wont make that mistake in the future.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, sorry for bringing up an old ass thread but I'm currently on sort of a cleanup of low % games on my profile from almost 10 years ago. Injustice is one of them. I played a few hours and knocked out a good amount of the easy trophies, but as soon as i go into the online mode the game cannot load daily challenges, leaderboards are all just names with stats all set to 0 and when i try to search it says the servers are not available. If so, it is what it is. But you can see that just a few days ago people got some of the online trophies which aren't boostable (ranked ones). 

So... Are the servers down or not? Does anyone know?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigE1286 said:

Hi guys, sorry for bringing up an old ass thread but I'm currently on sort of a cleanup of low % games on my profile from almost 10 years ago. Injustice is one of them. I played a few hours and knocked out a good amount of the easy trophies, but as soon as i go into the online mode the game cannot load daily challenges, leaderboards are all just names with stats all set to 0 and when i try to search it says the servers are not available. If so, it is what it is. But you can see that just a few days ago people got some of the online trophies which aren't boostable (ranked ones). 

The servers are up, they're just massively unreliable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigE1286 said:

Ok thanks.. But that's going to be very frustrating to make any progress. I already tried to connect the last 2 days with no success. 

Yah they are kinda messy and unreliable but every online trophy can be boosted using private matches except the 10 ranked wins but here's what I did

i boosted it with a friend of mine and we both pressed on the ranked match at the same time and each time it connects me with him and that's how we both got our 10 ranked wins trophy, just make sure he has the same game region as yours if you have a boosting partner.

1 hour ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Yah they are kinda messy and unreliable but every online trophy can be boosted using private matches except the 10 ranked wins but here's what I did

i boosted it with a friend of mine and we both pressed on the ranked match at the same time and each time it connects me with him and that's how we both got our 10 ranked wins trophy, just make sure he has the same game region as yours if you have a boosting partner.

Thanks for the advice.. I will see how it goes. To boost it, i have to hit a window which don't say "...servers are not available..."

I got myself into a really bad position with that cleanup. Now I'm kind of commited to finish the games and stand here with 2 absolute grindfests called Injustice and Rayman Legends. 

13 hours ago, BigE1286 said:

Thanks for bringing it up because I was about to post the same thing.  Since Saturday, every time I try to join a room the servers are down.  Whenever I try to make a room, no matter what I name it, it says banned room name.

Edited by Stevieboy

54 minutes ago, BigE1286 said:

Thanks for the advice.. I will see how it goes. To boost it, i have to hit a window which don't say "...servers are not available..."

I got myself into a really bad position with that cleanup. Now I'm kind of commited to finish the games and stand here with 2 absolute grindfests called Injustice and Rayman Legends. 

you can do it mate, i thought the same myself and in a matter of days found myself got the platinum

• Like 1

Ah. So i'm recently working on all 4 stacks at the time and some Answers about the Online trophies.

First of the Ranked trophies: The ranked mode is almost dead. I only found about 2 people EVER in all of my Boosting. To find your friend, just search at the same time. Remember you need the same region game, since the online is region locked, to prevent lag of course.

Secondly for the other Online stuff. Every Online trophy can be boosted in Private match. Don't bother to make an Online room which is open, this doesn't work for some strange Reason.

And the last one and probably the one, which gave me the most headache. Leaderboards aren't Required for any Trophies here. The thing with the Leaderboards is, it helps you keep track, which mode you already completed for the Ultimate Battler Trophy, which means you have to manually keep track, which modes you did and which character you already used for it.

For how long the online works isn't know yet but it should be fine for now.

Strange thing is: Leaderboards only doesn't work for the PS4 Stacks, the PS3 version runs fine and the Vita works also (Not sure if the Vita has Leaderboards at all)

Best regards and good luck to everyone.

• Like 2

Ok now it's day 3 of the same problem.. Here's how it looks, german btw: 

Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Ultimate-Edition

And even in Battlemode when i try to check for leaderboards to see with which character I've completed the mode already, it looks like this: 

Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Ultimate-Edition

So it says, Not able to connect to the network. It's really frustrating. I'm playing the EU PS4 Version btw. 

If anyone has any solution for this, any help is much appreciated. 

• Like 1

@BigE1286  You can still boost it even with these messages.  Just did it today, and the trophies are still popping.  You just have to find someone with the EU version to boost with. Ranked matches were the only ones where I could find random people to play against.  I got the same messages that you did if I tried to make a room, join a room, etc.  Same message with the leaderboards in battle mode.  I'm using a pen and paper to keep track.  Only advice I have is if you are playing this and the screen loads much slower than usual, quit out and retry because the game just hit a glitched state and won't record anything you do after this issue.  The slow loading screen is VERY noticeable.  It will take like 10 times longer than usual to the point you may think the game softlocked, but it didn't.

But today while a friend and I boosted, we did run into another problem. 

In the guide it says you can boost the 100 wins and 200 matches online in private.  My friend got 109 wins and over 200 matches but neither trophy popped.  We were in private 1 v 1 matches for the majority of the wins.  So is this information not accurate or just chalk this up to the bugginess of the game and servers?  Any info is appreciated.

Edited by kinnyman
format & extra info
  • Like 3

On 23.2.2022 at 11:37 PM, kinnyman said:

@BigE1286  You can still boost it even with these messages.  Just did it today, and the trophies are still popping.  You just have to find someone with the EU version to boost with. Ranked matches were the only ones where I could find random people to play against.  I got the same messages that you did if I tried to make a room, join a room, etc.  Same message with the leaderboards in battle mode.  I'm using a pen and paper to keep track.  Only advice I have is if you are playing this and the screen loads much slower than usual, quit out and retry because the game just hit a glitched state and won't record anything you do after this issue.  The slow loading screen is VERY noticeable.  It will take like 10 times longer than usual to the point you may think the game softlocked, but it didn't.

But today while a friend and I boosted, we did run into another problem. 

In the guide it says you can boost the 100 wins and 200 matches online in private.  My friend got 109 wins and over 200 matches but neither trophy popped.  We were in private 1 v 1 matches for the majority of the wins.  So is this information not accurate or just chalk this up to the bugginess of the game and servers?  Any info is appreciated.

Maybe i can answer your question. The PS4 stacks tends to soft lock your game or what i mean with it is it stops the autosave. If you don't can't save after you changed something like You profile background, your stats would be the same but they aren't saved proberly. I had the Problem where my stats showed something about 200 Matches played but my game didn't saved my progess properly, so i had to play 24 more matches to pop my 200 Match trophy.

This could be the problem with your friend, that his stats didn't saved correctly. Hope i could help you out with this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red-Izanagi said:

Maybe i can answer your question. The PS4 stacks tends to soft lock your game or what i mean with it is it stops the autosave. If you don't can't save after you changed something like You profile background, your stats would be the same but they aren't saved proberly. I had the Problem where my stats showed something about 200 Matches played but my game didn't saved my progess properly, so i had to play 24 more matches to pop my 200 Match trophy.

This could be the problem with your friend, that his stats didn't saved correctly. Hope i could help you out with this.

Thank you for your response.  To make sure I understand correctly, 1 v 1 private online matches count for the 100W and 200 matches trophies, just sometimes the game will not record some matches for a server issue or an autosave issue. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kinnyman said:

Thank you for your response.  To make sure I understand correctly, 1 v 1 private online matches count for the 100W and 200 matches trophies, just sometimes the game will not record some matches for a server issue or an autosave issue. 

Yes correct. You can boost the wins and the played matches in Private without problem. If you don't see the autosave anymore you stats are here but they won't count for the trophy. What i did was i played 25 matches online, then go to my Hero card, changed something like profile background and if i saw the autosave, then i continued as normal.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Red-Izanagi said:

Yes correct. You can boost the wins and the played matches in Private without problem. If you don't see the autosave anymore you stats are here but they won't count for the trophy. What i did was i played 25 matches online, then go to my Hero card, changed something like profile background and if i saw the autosave, then i continued as normal.

Got it.  Thank you so much for your help!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

What trophies are exactly tied to the online? Only the ones mentioned on the guide or are there some trophies with online functionalities that the guide doesn't mention?

The ones in the guide listed as online co-op.  Other multiplayer trophies can be done via 2P local matches if u have 2 controllers.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Tomba25 said:

Will they shut down the servers without prior warning like they did in MK9? 

Normally, this developer are very good at announcing server closures but there have been some blips with other games where servers were closed with either little or no warning so who knows how this one will be handled ??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2022 at 11:28 AM, Red-Izanagi said:

I did yesterday with Turbo controller 350 matches and 350 wins and didn´t got the trophies for winning 100 games and played 200 games and probably because of this. Thanks i´ll not let the PS running at night farming matches, when i return my gameplay i'´ll change something in my hero card at 25 games. Let´s see if the trophies will pop or i´ll have to do them in Ranked, Survivor or any other mode.

No big problem because i was level 72 and the game crashed and i returned to level 60, so i gained 60 levels boosting with Turbo.

Thanks for this solution, hope it´s works.