Video game series you'd like to see return

Glorious Fury

A real re-work of the original Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and its sequels would be great. It will never happen as so many attempts to get other projects off the ground got really messy between the companies. 

Those army games on the PS2 were good also. You played a gunner, explosives and some other teams and I think the Australian member got kidnapped in one of them. Great games but if they did it today they'd just destroy it with a piss poor multiplayer mode and would kill the franchise outright. 

I think Deus Ex needs another shot and another reboot. So much can be done with that universe rather than concentrating on just a single character. 

Also, and it could never be done in this day and age due to how many of the situations have occurred in real life, but the Syndicate series would be amazing.

Lemmings. Cannot believe this franchise never made a comeback. Same goes for the Bubble Bobble and Bust a Move games. 

This isn't an original want, but Jak and Sly would be really nice. inFamous and Spyro too. A new Monster Rancher is high on the list, even though there are arguably better games that do the same thing available currently.

• 2 years later...
On 3/21/2021 at 5:09 PM, Glorious Fury said:

After finishing the Shenmue 3 plat recently, it was a game I honestly felt would never get made. I played the original back on Dreamcast when I was very young and it was one of the first games I ever played (not that I really knew what I was doing, but had lots of fun running around playing the arcades haha). I never expected a sequel to Shenmue 2, but with crowdfunding and the cult fanbase I guess that all changed. Shenmue 4 may or may not happen, but the possibility is much stronger now than before Shenmue 3. 

So....what would be a game series you'd like to return or get a retelling/sequel? Literally can be anything from the NES to the PS2 to Xbox One, even if it's totally fantasy and stands the smallest chance of being created....you get the idea!

I'll list a few of my personal choices:

Virtua Fighter - As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a Sega fanboy, obviously loving Shenmue and the Yu Suzuki link I'd love another VF to be made. Always felt it was more or less on par with Tekken, and would be another viable alternative to 3D fighters. I know that a trailer was released a little while ago for something to do with e-sports, but can't see that leading to a sequel right now. 

Garou: MOTW - Of course King of Fighters is still going strong and the universes are linked, but I'd love a sequel to this. Loved the art style, gameplay, soundtrack.   

Shinobi - With Streets of Rage coming back, I'd love for this to be remade. Felt it was the best game on the Mega Drive (Genesis) and was a blast to play. Dotemu who did SOR 4, could do stellar work on this and a host of other franchises like Golden Axe etc. 

Lost Odyssey - A really underrated JRPG. Gameplay was more traditional like a PS1/PS2 era Final Fantasy, but personally love that style of game. Shame it was Xbox only.

Wrestling game with the No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000 engine - Whilst this isn't a sequel of a series, I'd love a wrestling game with the Aki Corp engine in the modern day. It's the pinnacle of wrestling games imo and the most fun. 2K wrestling games are lacklustre. 

LMA Manager - Probably not a popular choice here but loved these games. Football management games were great on console, but now they are only really on PC with Football Manager dominating the genre. Codemasters recently got brought by EA, so the chances are slim to none but still, I'd love a new version.

Anyways, give me your thoughts!

60 seconds 

and all games of lego 

• 2 weeks later...