Video game series you'd like to see return

Glorious Fury

On 3/21/2021 at 4:42 PM, StewartBros said:

Command & Conquer - Red Alert 3 was great fun.  I believe there was talk of a new game a few years ago. but it obviously didn't happen.

EA put the nail in the coffin for Command & Conquer. I bought the remastered collection of the first two Command & Conquer games on Steam. Totally awesome and genre defying games of their time. The cheesy acting gave them a bit of charm.

I wonder where Kane is today.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:15 PM, ladynadiad said:

Golden Sun (even if it's a Nintendo only IP)

I never played the original GBA ones, but I played the DS one as a kid and absolutely loved it, was a shame they never made a sequel since IIRC it ended with sequel bait. Was a very solid JRPG.

I also wish there were more JRPGs from the Magical Starsign devs, or more in that series, since that was one of my favorite JRPGs ever.

• MagnaCarta is the one I would like most to come back but I fear it's impossible now. MagnaCarta 2 is my favorite RPG and I miss the characters a lot.
  • Dead Space. One of my favorite licences but since I have zero trust in EA and that they closed Visceral Games, I don't know... In the meantime, we have a licence left unfinished since 2013.
  • But there's also The Last Story, but again, I don't see any remaster or sequel coming since Sakaguchi seem hellbent on producing work on non-worthy systems (seriously, an exclusive game to Apple Arcade????)
  • The Evil Within was also a very good series, I don't know if the sellings of the sequel were good but I don't think so, it's been three years and we still haven't got any news. There are so many things left to explore (Joseph's fate, Ruvik...), it would be a shame to put it all aside.
  • SSX. But like, SSX as it was on PS2. I didn't like the 2012 reboot at all and I would give anything to see another "old" SSX game now.
  • Ninja Gaiden. I'm happy it'll have it's remastered collection but I want a new game!
  • Ace Attorney, every one is waiting for another game, what are they doing? The games are still extremely popular so I don't know... I kinda miss Wright, Edgeworth and everyone a lot...
  • Heavenly Sword. I don't necessarily want a sequel (it'd be hard) but at least a remaster, supporting trophies this time.
  • Metal Gear Solid. I never played a "real" MGS so I'm not really familiar with it but I want a sequel to Revengeance, because I really loved this game.
  • Mirror's Edge, back in 2008, that game was clearly ahead of its time and it's a shame that Catalyst didn't sell so well... It deserves a sequel :/
  • Resonance of Fate, just like Mirrort's Edge, it was a very special game, the story and the gameplay were both really complex but that's what it made it interesting. Many players consider it a gem so I don't really understand why there hasn't been any sequels to it?

There are others but the list is long enough.

• Like 3

Danganronpa series- I wasn't a big fan of the big reveal at the end of V3. But I still enjoyed the game. I feel like there is still more they could do with this series but might just be me.

Ace Attorney series- There' hasn't been a new entry since Spirit of Justice for the 3DS. UNBELIEVABLY UNDERRATED.

Legend of Dragoon might be interesting. But at this point I think I'd rather see a remake than a remaster.

.hack series- This series is SO MUCH BETTER than SAO it's not even close. Bandai Namco treats it like shit and keeps beating the SAO dead horse and is clearly an obsessed fangirl over it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series- This is my favorite Pokemon spinoff series. Even if I do struggle with it immensely and hate it every time I play a new one lol. I think they could do something interesting where the player and partner are actually villains for once (like a part of an outlaw or a thieves guild) but eventually get captured and go through a redemption which eventually leads to the WORLD SAVE lol

Digimon series- I know it's come back already with Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory. But... it's been... what? 2 years? Since Hacker's Memory came out? I know Survive is supposed to come out at some point but there's been no news and it makes me incredibly worried. Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory were probably the BEST Digimon games I EVER played. Hacker's Memory even won my personal GOTY award in 2019. I just don't want this Digimon Comeback to end. It deserves love.

Last... but certainly not least...

Klonoa series- Yeah... um... this is just IMO obviously but this is the most UNDERRATED, UNDERESTIMATED, UNAPPRECIATED platformer series OF ALL TIME. Yet another franchise abandoned by the obsessed SAO fangirl that is Bandai Namco. What the hell ever happened with that trademark that appeared to be for a remaster?!

This is all I can think of right now but I might post again with more if I think of more

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

Silent Hill

Dead Space

Suikoden 

Wild Arms

Parasite Eve

As much as I want to see more games from these series, I doubt we’ll ever get any of them. Konami doesn’t make video games anymore and are more worried about pachinko machines. Once EA let’s an IP die that’s usually it so there is very little hope of ever seeing Dead Space 4. Sony for some reason closed their gaming studio in Japan so the likelihood of another Wild Arms is pretty low and the last one that did come out was a cell phone game. As for Parasite Eve, I’ve heard that Square Enix lost the rights to the video game from the author years ago. I’m still hopeful Square-Enix might be able to convince him to let them do a remake and if not at least a remaster of the first two games. 

Edited by Addy_Bebopp83

• 2 weeks later...

Metal Gear Solid (Without it sucking because Konami would rather make Metal Gear into zombie survival games and stupid pachinko machines instead of what Metal Gear should be)

Twisted Metal

Onimusha

MAG

Socom

Command & Conquer (without it sucking or being a mobile game because of EA)

Mass Effect (also without it sucking because of EA)

Infamous

Silent Hill

Killing Floor

The Wolf Among Us

Telltale Game’s The Walking Dead(They lost the rights to the make Walking Dead games when they went bankrupt and reportedly they won’t be getting them back)

Spore

Battlefield but with amazing multiplayer like in Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3( and without it sucking because of EA)

The Sims in the vein of Sims 3 instead of the wack Sims 4 and the horrible lack of content so EA can sell it to you(Oh, and I don’t want it to suck because of EA)

Sim City without it sucking because of EA and “always online” DRM

Battle Tanx from the N64 days

Sarge’s Heros 

Stealth games in general (Metal Gear Solid again, Splinter Cell, Syphon Filter)

Half Life without VR and with a 3 on the end

Portal

Papers, Please 

Edited by Kazduin

Hard second on Spore, would love for a new modern version of it.
Same for basically any old Valve series would also be awesome, portal, half life, even a team fortress update would be appreciated

I personally would love to see a Jade Cocoon game, I've never played any of the old ones, but I really want to play one, and I think a modern one would be awesome
Another one I've gotta say is fossil fighters, my friends rave about it, haven't gotten it myself, but I hear it's great

Oh, and Fantasy Life

• 9 months later...

I was thinking about how there hasn't been a new Spyro game (apart from the reignited trilogy) in a long time which got me thinking...

What game/game series would you like to see return? It can be a game that you know will never return due to it being stopped by the developer or just a game where they haven't released a new one in a long time.

For me it would be Spyro as previously mentioned. A whole new Spyro game would be fantastic and make me really happy. Another one would be a PS5 version of "Hogs of War". I used to spend hours on that game back in the day and a new 2022 version would be very welcomed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, konor-good said:

Uncharted. They could definitely do something with Sully in his younger days

For years I've wished of this. Uncharted in the 1980's would be awesome, but probably won't happen. If we ever do get another Uncharted, it'll most likely be a Young Indiana Jones type game with Nathan & Elena's daughter.

My pick would be Prey (the 2006 one). Resistance would be cool too.

Edited by EverythingOnFire

Heretic- Microsoft acquired Bethesda, and id Software. Now add to that Activision Blizzard, which includes Raven. Even a remaster of Heretic 2 for current systems would be great.

Singularity- A remastered version for PS4/5 and Xbox One. It could happen... we still got Quake and Deathloop after MS bought Bethesda. I like how this one borrows a bit from BioShock and Half-Life.

Ninja Gaiden- My favorite of this is the Xbox 360 NG2, best enjoyed on Xbox One X (or Series X if you've got it). NG2 runs less than perfect on the 360, but just fine for me on X1X, even during the crazy stairway battle late in the game. One thing I don't like in NGSigma 2 is that the Lives of the Thousand Gods item can't be saved for later. NG3 broke a few things. Razor's Edge corrected some, but not all of its mistakes.

Quake (Strogg storyline) - Quake 4? It's alright but it doesn't feel like a proper Quake II sequel thanks to its slower pacing. I'd say it's too much like a Doom 3 total conversion. At least the ending to Q4 did have a cliffhanger to leave it open. One could have Matthew Kane team up with Q2's Bitterman to put the Strogg down for good.

Neo Turf Masters- I'd gladly take a 3D graphics sequel to SNK's golf game over any of the PGA Tour games. Remake the original 5 courses in 3D (including the Neo-CD bonus one, Scotland) and add 5 more.