Tips on getting to level 30 faster?

Crzy Minus

12 hours ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

No problem, I had the same issue as the instructions don't really help at all. 

So basically you'll press one of the buttons on the attachment until the light next to the one you want to be on turbo is on. Ie.. if you need 'X' press the button repeatedly until it lights up that symbol on the adapter.. then you'll want yo press the other button so it is flashing. When the light is flashing, the turbo function is on and will be until you either press the button on the attachment again, or remove the attachment from the controller.

I did some of the earlier grinding using the RDR remote play method but that was very unstable for me as I kept disconnecting. 

Using the adapter was, for me, the best way. I used it in the day as I was around the house and did come back to it every half hour or so to reset the creation as I was unsure if the congestion of memory had anything to do with the crashing of the previous method. 

Thank you so much. 

I did this method and now I finally leveled up once. 6 more to go for the plat.

Appreciate you !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can't get PS Remote Play + AutoHotkey to work (remote connection + manual clicks do work).

Anyone have a script that works? I have tried many, and tried to do my own. Only totally messed up my computer.

Does it really matter how I name my script file? But that didn't help either.

Is there any good turbo attachment for PS5 controller?

Nevermind, I use old Logitech Gaming Software (9.02) and older G502 mouse now, and I can set it to record keyboard clicks, and repeat them from G buttons.

Edited by J-Isoniemi

On 2/9/2022 at 1:36 AM, AlesXXVI said:

So I was just wondering if you get (the same amount) of XP by replaying ‘Art’s Dream’ or the DLC for example? 

I replayed Bat's Tale twice on hard difficulty and got a lot of xp. Cant tell you how much but i went from level 25 to 27 by playing the dlc 3 times and off course the mp casual playing.

Got 2 levels from the turbo attachment but i prefer playing so i stopped "boosting" in December. 

Edited by shlomaniac
Gameplay remarks

I sit at level 19 and I only have 2 more trophies to unlock "Potter" & "Making Some Noise".

I really don't want/have time to try my hand at creating, I find create mode too confusing and its UI is poor compared to LBP2.

I do play some levels here and there but there aren't too many that are that good, I feel like most are just wow-effect levels. Damn, I miss LBP2's community levels and create mode.

• 1 month later...

Finally got lvl 30 and the plat, They definitely boosted the XP reward for the games made by the development team like Arts Dream or Bats Tale so i reccomend that for the hunters that focus on playing and not creating like me. 

Lovely and Creative game + community , worth playing post platinum at least for me,  Hopefully this game will be free on the new PS PLUS tiers so players can join and have fun. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 08/04/2021 at 11:10 AM, Alaquia said:

it takes a long time, but I reached lvl 30 by PLAYING the damn game. I'm no creator, but every creation needs someone who plays it...

that beeing said, just make one evening (or more) per week for browsing dreams content. you can even choose genre etc.

there is so much to discover and by using scripts / turbo controller / afk spamming buttons you rob yourself of an amazing experience

Agreed.  If you don't like this game your experience levelling up will be an absolute hell. If you enjoy it it will be a breeze.

I love that the levelling is basically cheese-proof once you hit level 20. That's when it stops giving you easy XP boosting tasks and forces you to engage with it.

I got my last 5 levels just playing other user generated content, including a collection of souls-like games from a specific creator named 'Lampazzu' (seriously, check this creator out, stuff was awesome). You get loads of XP for spending long amounts of time in a game and then liking and reviewing it, and  these original souls-like games were challenging enough to keep me occupied but fun enough for me to beat them all. Afterwards, I found a city building sim which was so addictive that I hadn't realised I had achieved the platinum in the background.

Once you find a creator you like, levelling up is faster than designing, at least in my case it was.

I even really loved the main campaign and the music. This is one of the most unique games I've played in a while. Hope there's a sequel.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I really love the campaign but....I was done with all the Potter / Making Some Noise / Puppeteer trophies way before level 20. I played a bit with the creations and what the community does but everything I played seem to overheat my PS4 Pro. Then I started looking at music and reposting it and it got me 2 levels but I ran out of songs to find.

I'm at level 26 and just going to turbo it the rest of the way. Would it have killed Media Molecule to do double/triple XP weekends?

EDIT: I tried two different PS4 turbo controllers and it seemingly does nothing to add time/XP when I turbo the X button while sculpting. F*ck Media Molecule for this.

Edited by POEman553

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 2:07 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Agreed.  If you don't like this game your experience levelling up will be an absolute hell. If you enjoy it it will be a breeze.

I love that the levelling is basically cheese-proof once you hit level 20. That's when it stops giving you easy XP boosting tasks and forces you to engage with it.

I got my last 5 levels just playing other user generated content, including a collection of souls-like games from a specific creator named 'Lampazzu' (seriously, check this creator out, stuff was awesome). You get loads of XP for spending long amounts of time in a game and then liking and reviewing it, and  these original souls-like games were challenging enough to keep me occupied but fun enough for me to beat them all. Afterwards, I found a city building sim which was so addictive that I hadn't realised I had achieved the platinum in the background.

Once you find a creator you like, levelling up is faster than designing, at least in my case it was.

I even really loved the main campaign and the music. This is one of the most unique games I've played in a while. Hope there's a sequel.

Do you remember the name of the building sim/or creator that made it? I agree with your leveling assessment, and would love to check it out. 

In my experience, the best way to “grind” levels has been to find Dreams I like to stay in for longer periods of time. Tetris, Sudoku and other similar puzzle games.

11 hours ago, bandwagner said:

Do you remember the name of the building sim/or creator that made it? I agree with your leveling assessment, and would love to check it out. 

In my experience, the best way to “grind” levels has been to find Dreams I like to stay in for longer periods of time. Tetris, Sudoku and other similar puzzle games.

I don't, sadly. Maybe if you type in 'city builder' or search my name in Dreams it might show you my play history and you can locate it that way. It was the last thing I played.

If you don't find it in my play history then look through my comments as I remember leaving a message on the game. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Honestly grinding to level 30 is reallllllly bad, I've gotten every trophy including dlc, and even played random games on dream for a good 5 hours just for fun, And have even afked over like 20 hours of create, And im almost just reaching level 23

This is gonna take forever

18 hours ago, dtb345 said:

Honestly grinding to level 30 is reallllllly bad, I've gotten every trophy including dlc, and even played random games on dream for a good 5 hours just for fun, And have even afked over like 20 hours of create, And im almost just reaching level 23

Yeah its not worth it. The game is shit as it is. Play some clay animation content that someone made for 60hrs? no thanks lol

19 hours ago, dtb345 said:

The way that I levelled up the fastest was by doing every single challenge until they don't give XP anymore.

The downside is most of the creator ones need you to be actively playing, except for the director mode one. If you idle your console while recording a platform spinning for a few hours, you can gain a ton of XP! 

All the other ones I had to actively play by moving the cursor around randomly and mashing buttons while I was watching a show on another tv lol.

16 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

The way that I levelled up the fastest was by doing every single challenge until they don't give XP anymore.

The downside is most of the creator ones need you to be actively playing, except for the director mode one. If you idle your console while recording a platform spinning for a few hours, you can gain a ton of XP! 

All the other ones I had to actively play by moving the cursor around randomly and mashing buttons while I was watching a show on another tv lol.

Yeah basically what im doing now lmfao, I already did every imp quest that gave xp expect the create for hours ones, Just basically going to use an auto clicker while using remote play to farm it while playing stuff or watching stuff lol

2 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

i have a puppet animated jumping and i could potentially use a drifting controller for the constant "moving". Wonder how much XP I'd get after i wake up? or would it count this?

15 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i have a puppet animated jumping and i could potentially use a drifting controller for the constant "moving". Wonder how much XP I'd get after i wake up? or would it count this?

It probably won't. I had tested a similar thing for the creating objects imp quest by rubber banding a controller to "draw" a block that was moving infinitely. When I checked on it a couple hours later the progress bar hadn't gone up more than 5 minutes.

Although if you have a turbo controller so that it presses X every few seconds, it might work.

2 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

It probably won't. I had tested a similar thing for the creating objects imp quest by rubber banding a controller to "draw" a block that was moving infinitely. When I checked on it a couple hours later the progress bar hadn't gone up more than 5 minutes.

Although if you have a turbo controller so that it presses X every few seconds, it might work.

i don't 

i read something about download an autoclick app on android and using it with remote play but havent tested.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting pretty decent results so far by replaying Ancient Dangers. I just did all of the DLC trophies last Monday, so now that I've beaten and unlocked everything, all of the tutorials are skipped automatically, speeding up the process of clearing the stage significantly. I leveled up once by completing three full runs of the campaign. You can get it done in less an hour if you just haul ass directly to the end without doing any optional puzzles or collectibles (my personal best is 44 and a half minutes), so you're probably looking at roughly 2.5-3 hours per level on average with this method.

That's still quite a lot of time spent grinding this out, and I'm sure that other methods will work better for other people's needs, but this has been getting me pretty noticeable results so far, so unless I can find a surefire faster method, I'll likely be sticking with this for the forseeable future. No matter how you go about it, though, I agree that this is a rough grind.

On 15/08/2023 at 5:57 AM, monkbot1 said:

Made it to level 26 last night, I have all the other trophies including DLC, It's gonna be a tough slog getting to level 30 but I've made it this far so will just have to plough on.

@blue_blur_98

get an autoclicker app for your phone. Use remote play on a game called:  " A Kids Journey to One-Shot Everything IDLE"

just play 30min so you max out everything. Then you can leave it go while you sleep AFK. But when you go AFK, use remote play and auto input clicker app on x and O, have x be 150ms, O be 200ms. Go to sleep. Gain levels. That being said, what happens is the game keeps going and you open and close the menu so it thinks you're active.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 6:00 AM, J-Isoniemi said:

I can't get PS Remote Play + AutoHotkey to work (remote connection + manual clicks do work).

Anyone have a script that works? I have tried many, and tried to do my own. Only totally messed up my computer.

Does it really matter how I name my script file? But that didn't help either.

Is there any good turbo attachment for PS5 controller?

Nevermind, I use old Logitech Gaming Software (9.02) and older G502 mouse now, and I can set it to record keyboard clicks, and repeat them from G buttons.

• 3 months later...
On 8/17/2023 at 7:48 AM, Infected Elite said:

@blue_blur_98

get an autoclicker app for your phone. Use remote play on a game called:  " A Kids Journey to One-Shot Everything IDLE"

just play 30min so you max out everything. Then you can leave it go while you sleep AFK. But when you go AFK, use remote play and auto input clicker app on x and O, have x be 150ms, O be 200ms. Go to sleep. Gain levels. That being said, what happens is the game keeps going and you open and close the menu so it thinks you're active.

Thank you very much. This has got to be the most useful line I've read up to this point in afk'ing this game.

I also discovered that iphone is a piece of trash. 3 hours to try to find a free autoclicker, yet when I get my old samsung, I find a free autoclicker from the first try.