Vita Unobtainables - Messages Shutting Down

Afro_Gear

29 minutes ago, donner_blitz said:

I did the online trophy for Pixeljunk Monsters HD a few minutes ago. I can confirm you don´t need invites to get the online trophy. One person can easily create a lobby and the other can search. So no need to rush to get it before shutdown

Oh nice. Looks like the info I got wasn't correct. Thanks Donner!

On 30/03/2021 at 4:43 PM, Afro_Gear said:

Several of these don't need invites though. Not sure exactly what that list is. 

Edit: Oh if these are just games with online trophies that makes sense. Thanks!

Resistance Burning Skies you just need PS Vita Party invites, but I'm not 100% sure if that's connected to messages. Having said that, even if it was, you'll still have in-game matchmaking so it's not all bad news there. The only problem would be then finding 4 people instead of 2.

Just started doing Rocketbirds with my girlfriend and it will only be affected if playing online. The game features ad-hoc support for the co-op campaign and will be able to be done offline with two Vitas.

Edited by liammill18

9 hours ago, liammill18 said:

Just started doing Rocketbirds with my girlfriend and it will only be affected if playing online. The game features ad-hoc support for the co-op campaign and will be able to be done offline with two Vitas.

Can I do it solo with 2 vitas in ad-hoc or do I need another person to help me?

Edited by timpurnat

3 hours ago, timpurnat said:

I think it’s definitely doable but you will die a lot coordinating the difficult combat rooms. Fortunately the controls are really simple in the co-op mode so I think with enough gumption you could manage it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, timpurnat said:

I did it solo. The only part that was relatively hard was the final boss, but once you get in the correct rhythm, it goes down very quickly.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ben414kk said:

Foosball 2012 is probably also unobtainable.

Do you mean servers are already broken or trophies are going to be unobtainable due to invites shutdown?

Because I tested this game and apparently you can create lobbies and anyone can join without invites. However I didn't test if they were working anyway (irrelevant to the 28th of June deadline).

Just now, EdinhoN said:

Do you mean servers are already broken or trophies are going to be unobtainable due to invites shutdown?

Because I tested this game and apparently you can create lobbies and anyone can join without invites. However I didn't test if they were working anyway (irrelevant to the 28th of June deadline).

I tested it last time and I saw only invite based online play.But trophy is very simple. one short win.

8 minutes ago, ben414kk said:

I tested it last time and I saw only invite based online play.But trophy is very simple. one short win.

Just tested again.

You can "Host public match" and your boosting partner can go to "Join Match", there's no need for invites

35 minutes ago, Joey-_-1999 said:

So guys, I believe Rocketbirds is safe too right?

It's safe in that it will still be possible through ad-hoc yes.

But most people won't have opportunity to do it via ad-hoc. And doing it solo with 2 vitas is quite tricky (but doable). Basically its just going to be much more annoying to get then it already is.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 2:58 PM, EdinhoN said:

Just tested again.

You can "Host public match" and your boosting partner can go to "Join Match", there's no need for invites

I went even further, I tried to achieve it with friend,...we tried all possibilitied the game is offering, yes you are right its there to set public match or invite based,but nothing worked. I guess servers are problem.

Edited by Stevieboy

2 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

Are messages really going down, or was it postponed aswell? 

Or we don't have any direct confirmation of the situation? 

The Vita store is staying open but the Messaging Service is going bye-bye tomorrow so send any messages you need to whilst you still can.

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The Vita store is staying open but the Messaging Service is going bye-bye tomorrow so send any messages you need to whilst you still can.

Is there oficial confirmation that message system is also going down after the store postponement was announced ? 

I saw the initial announcement that message was also going down. But I thought it was probably postponed like the store was

3 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

Is there oficial confirmation that message system is also going down after the store postponement was announced ? 

I saw the initial announcement that message was also going down. But I thought it was probably postponed like the store was

They did not say anything so i guess it will be retired like other features already retired in the past.

• Like 1

There's a chance that Vita messages will still work after tomorrow (but only when messaging other Vitas). Sony did the same to ps3, so it would be weird to see Vita messages completely gone, it will probably simply not be able to stay in touch with the "rest" of PSN (ps4/ps5 etc).

However it's better to be safe than sorry, do the trophies you still need today

4 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

There's a chance that Vita messages will still work after tomorrow (but only when messaging other Vitas). Sony did the same to ps3, so it would be weird to see Vita messages completely gone, it will probably simply not be able to stay in touch with the "rest" of PSN (ps4/ps5 etc).

However it's better to be safe than sorry, do the trophies you still need today

Wasn't it already disabled ages ago? I mean from Vita to other systems.

Hopefully you can use the app from now on...