Vita Unobtainables - Messages Shutting Down

Afro_Gear

1 hour ago, IronMask75 said:

Would you not just be able to redeem codes via the PS4, PS5 or the regular Web store?

Regarding PS3 and Vita codes, I don't know, it's better to redeem them as soon as possible just to be safe.

1 hour ago, IronMask75 said:

Edited by Deceptrox

On 3/30/2021 at 8:08 PM, EdinhoN said:

It's a list of the games we should all double check to guarantee there's no invite needed.

I own a few games there, which I'll be testing soon.

Have you had time to check? I have a lot of those games, but won't have time to have a look until Tuesday.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:01 AM, EdinhoN said:

- OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood

- Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

OlliOlli2's "online" is just daily events, nothing problematic there
Stealth Inc 2 meanwhile is just custom level sharing, which has its own set of problems, but this shouldnt change anything

i can test any vita game I  have for this. before and after. i have no laptop atm sadly. i am posting from my dad's i should be able to help with this once i get one. (if that situms check comes in) i'll let everyone know here.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 4:38 PM, Afro_Gear said:

With announcement that PS Vita Messages will be ending on June 28, 2021, several games may have unobtainable trophies that tie into game invites. For example https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1797-rocketbirds-hardboiled-chicken/3-dirty-half-dozen requires an invite as there is no matchmaking. Please use this thread to post any others you come across. I will keep a list updated as we go. 

Affected Games:

- Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken

- Pure Chess

- Chronovolt

- Foul Play

- Fruit Ninja

- Little Deviants

Confirmed NOT Affected:

- Dead Nation

- NFS Most Wanted

- Dungeon Hunter Alliance

- Killzone Mercenary

- Worms Revolution Extreme

- Reality Fighters

- Borderlands 2

- Silent Hill Book of Memories

- Unit 13

- Minecraft

- RE Revelations 2

- LBP 

- Drive Girls (solo or ad-hoc)

- Ragnarok Odyssey - (ad-hoc)

Thanks to @generalgrievous6

Source: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/the_ps_vita_messaging_system_is_also_going_offline

Anyone knows if Nidhog on vita will be affected?

On 4/1/2021 at 3:48 PM, Hysteria said:

Does DOA 5 + on ps vita will be effected? 

Dead or Alive 5+ doesn't require sending messages or inviting anyone for the online trophies. It does require 2 local vitas though for the ad-hoc trophy(you can download the demo on one of the them and play online to self-boost)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Dead or Alive 5+ doesn't require sending messages or inviting anyone for the online trophies. It does require 2 local vitas though for the ad-hoc trophy(you can download the demo on one of the them and play online to self-boost)

you can also boost yourself with a combination of vita and ps3 if you want that works as well not sure if you can also do it if you use the same account on both deviced I didnt test that but if you have 2 psn accounts it 100% works

On 29/03/2021 at 8:58 PM, HuntingFever said:

The problem though, is the PS4 servers are unbelievably knackered so the only way you could get the online trophy done (at least the only one I know of) was to install the game on your Vita and invite yourself into a match :(.

I believe you can now do the same between PS4 and PS5

The Vita versions Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! are also affected by the impeding Message Service closure :(.

EDIT: It turns out I was wrong, the Message system isn't essential for the online trophies. The servers are so dead, you can find your boosting partner almost instantly.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 8-4-2021 at 0:32 PM, Kolm said:

Yes this was confirmed in the mail people got about the closure of the PS3 and PSVita store.

Nothing was mentioned about the PS3 messages.

You can also read about it on their 'important notice' page over here: https://www.playstation.com/nl-nl/support/important-notice/ 

You might need to change the language because whatever I do, I always get redirected to the Dutch version of The Netherlands while I'm from Belgium...

To be honest, that whole page is like one long bad news show they don't want on their blog and to me... it reads as the downfall of PlayStation.

he didnt ask IF it would happen he asked if sony has said WHY it would happen

and as far as I know sony didnt tell

So, Minecraft has co-op for default Minecraft, and then multiplayer minigames that have matchmaking, but does this shutdown mean you wouldn't be able to invite any friends to your matches? How does that work? I know it's included in the 'tested' but Minecraft's minigame trophies are fairly annoying assuming you're solely relying on randoms and can't invite friends.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJPlace said:

i wonder how shared DLC is going be like once the vita store is gone and if you can still it on PS4?

for example gal gun double peace DLC.

I doubt anything will change, since you can still download everything once the store's gone by going to your Download history and downloading it from there.

1 hour ago, jpwbjpwb said:

Still concerned about these games because nothing has been written in the blog about messages.

I very much doubt they will also go back on closing down Vita messages. The store closure announcement received a lot more backlash. There were people concerned with game preservation, devs currently working on vita games and recently buying dev kits for it, and Sony would have seen a spike in sales on both platforms. I doubt there's been a sudden surge in people messaging each other on Vita (and even if there was, Sony won't be earning money from it).

Looking at the current list of affected games; it's a total of 6 games, with the soon-to-be-unobtainables taking between a couple of minutes to a couple of hours per game. You could probably do them all in a day. It sucks that they're going to become unobtainable, but at least there's plenty of time to get them done before they go.

I would be more concerned about any Vita games that haven't been checked, which may be affected by this.