[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't install games on my PS3. Error code: 80029509

Caquis_1

5 minutes ago, Caquis_1 said:

The thing is I talked with the live chat yesterday and the lady told me that they do not longer support PS3 problems...

Yeeeeeah, I'm experiencing that first-hand now, too.  Currently on live chat and nearly blew a gasket when I read the person has no idea about PS3 now.  Right now they're apparently "getting more information about data."

Edited by ilpalazzo150
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

For those having download issues, try downloading from the download list in account management>transaction history. Kept getting errors in the store, but it worked fine from the download list

I get the same error when trying to download from my download list.

Well, it's not very helpful, but my spouse bought the last remaining games he wanted off the PS3 store, on both his Canadian and UK accounts. No issues whatsoever, they downloaded, installed, and all launched fine. Same goes for the last game I downloaded (but didn't buy, had already bought it ages ago) on my own PS3 (UK account). Not sure if we just got lucky, or if perhaps the issues are starting to subside.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ilpalazzo150 said:

And now I'm blocked from starting a new chat.  Wonderful.

I'm done with this for today, but man, oh, man...what a disaster.

I think that they blocked you because Sony doesn’t care about ps3. 
I don’t even know why they’re closing ps store for ps3.

• Like 1

I've been having this issue for 2 days. It's a problem with the Activation service for sure. I cannot download any games I purchased without getting the error. I cannot Deactivate or Activate consoles either. I can activate for video content just fine and can download demos and free apps like Tubi. I talked to tech support and they don't have a clue how to fix and tried shilling me to pay for PS Now. They did give me a refund on the 2 games I bought yesterday which I cannot even download. I deactivated all my consoles on the website and factory reset my console it didn't help at all and all it accomplished was deleting saves I couldn't back up because they were locked and I lost access to the games I did have installed because now I can't activate my PS3. So, I suggest if you have games installed that still work do not factory reset or deactivate your consoles via the website.

I did make a brand new dummy PSN account to test and what do you know I can activate it for games just fine and was even able to download a free to play game that wouldn't download on my main account. Thanks Sony, I guess I lost access to 1000s of dollars worth of content I paid you for. I guess I was correct to switch to Xbox and PC because at least i can still access all my old games on there.

What I don't understand is, is that if too many people are using the PS Store, why would this affect me being able to play games I have already downloaded?

I keep getting the error that says my PS3 isn't activated when I clearly know it is.

Its a good thing I didn't buy any dlc's I wanted on the ps3 store, sine I still cant download/install anything.

Edited by objectioner
spelling/grammer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DenDigger said:

The conversations i've had with them.. oh boy..  sometimes I wonder how they even got a job there in the first place.. do they even interview them?  did they just pick random people off of the street or what???

Most illiterate set of individuals i've spoken with, children probably know more about PlayStation than they do!

Wait until you run into EA support.

I bought Dragon Age: Origins in probably the last sale ever on the PS3 Store.

So, I recently bought the physical version of Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimate.

The cost of all the DLC on the PS3 store was slightly less than the cost of buying everything physically again, but I knew that I could always sell the physical for a profit, with one slight problem: the EU disc won't install one DLC - Return to Ostagar -  it;s a fault on the disc

According to EAs official forum, what you are supposed to do in this scenario (even if it's a second hand game) is email EA and tell them the problem. They are supposed to email you back a code to get the DLC. After being passed between eight different Indian customer support reps, who each asked the exact same questions every time (I gave every piece of information possible, short of my passport and national insurance number in my original query) before they just stopped replying to me. I gave up and just bought the damned DLC, which was probably their intention in the first place.

Sony are garbage tier but EA are horrific. 

• Like 2

i luckily havent had this issue. ive reinstalled old games and also bought a few dlcs and a new game and everything has been ok

i did have a weird glitch about 2-3 months ago where my ps store would just freeze when i opened it. i tried everything to get it to work on my phat and nothing would work. and then i checked a month later and it worked again.

So fortunately the long solution of log out, delete store, two factor on, log on, reinstall worked. But I decided to experiment a bit. So first I downloaded the remainder of what I needed through the main store, and it worked, no error code. Went to the download list to download something else that I needed that it wouldnt download earlier, worked perfectly.

And then I decided to see if turning off two factor would screw it up again. And would you believe it? It brought up the error codes again. So if you do follow that method and it works, apparently dont turn off two factor authentication. 

Man this 'modern' game console stuff is getting more and more complicated than it needs to by the minutes. Might need to start rethinking my hobbies.

Edited by tomadom64
grammar