*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No, all patches come directly from servers belonging to either the Developer/Publisher or Sony themselves.

So, i downloaded a few Games digital and a few Patches for Games i own on disc... So i dont really need to download every patch before the closure for every game i own, is that correct??

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Since a lot of the issues that happened with the updates seem to be resolved (for now), does anyone think Sony was testing the waters to shut off ALL update servers on PS3/PSVita?

I wouldn't put anything past Sony at this point.

4 minutes ago, red_phaja_man said:

So, i downloaded a few Games digital and a few Patches for Games i own on disc... So i dont really need to download every patch before the closure for every game i own, is that correct??

Correct - DLC is the only thing you need to worry about for the games you've already got.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, DeidaraTV said:

If you have any useful information or have any Games that are unable to download the patch and are not on this List, please let me know and I'll update the List immediately.

I was able to download & install the patch for 007 Legends (USA, Disc). It was 1.01, and 20MB (if I recall correctly). Just opened a brand new copy; first time the game was in my PS3. 

2 hours ago, Cloud_SOLDAT said:

There are patches but I don't know what they do:

God of War Saga - BCUS 90528 - 1/2: v1.01, 3: v1.03

It had Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta as download code. Unless there's another version with everything on disc, bcs I remember buying it like 8 years ago.

PSP games are included with a voucher in the Saga edition.

Okay so y'all confirm all trophies are obtainable even in 1.0 in each of those games ? (I have already done GoW III so don't care about that one)

I'd like to thank the OP for creating this thread topic, as it's helped me find some games that I either had or didn't have the correct update. 

For the North American digital version of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, I just downloaded it and all the DLC to my PS3, and played for a while. I checked the version, and it shows 1.00. After doing some research, I cannot tell whether this game ever received a patch or not, but would anyone here know how one goes about finding out if a game ever did receive an update or not?

Edited by TigerHawk_Neo

4 minutes ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

I'd like to thank the OP for creating this thread topic, as it's helped me find some games that I either had or didn't have the correct update. 

For the North American digital version of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, I just downloaded it and all the DLC to my PS3, and played for a while. I checked the version, and it shows 1.00. After doing some research, I cannot tell whether this game ever received a patch or not, but would anyone here know how one goes about finding out if a game ever did receive an update or not?

"JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle", additional Updates were available to download from PS Store (Campaign DLC) unfortunately they have been removed from the Store (EU) but Platinum is still obtainable

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EverythingOnFire said:

So I'm installing and patching a stack of games that I just opened, and I think I may have ran into my first patch issue.

Question: If a game is affected by this patch issue, does it actually say "patch unavailable," or does it simply say that the game is up to date?

Which game? 

If its up to date, it will say latest version is installed 

Just now, DeidaraTV said:

"JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle", additional Updates were available to download from PS Store (Campaign DLC) unfortunately they have been removed from the Store (EU) but Platinum is still obtainable

Thanks DeidaraTV, so I guess there was no update or patch for the US digital version then, since I was able to buy and download all the DLC. I feel bad for anyone who has the EU version since they can't buy and download the DLC.

15 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

PSP games are included with a voucher in the Saga edition.

Okay so y'all confirm all trophies are obtainable even in 1.0 in each of those games ? (I have already done GoW III so don't care about that one)

Yes like i said the patches were for something unrelated to trophies or fixes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

@CB7Tuner91 For scientific research purposes I opened up Castlevania on PSNow using the PS4 to give a try to what you asked about. Checked the world map. Twelve dots (no DLC). XMB gives me the "Saved Data Utility", "Trophy Collection" and "Friend List". No other options to pull in DLC from purchase history. PSNow seems to be completely out as an option for this. 

Thanks for checking and confirming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PNMotorsportUK said:

Which game? 

If its up to date, it will say latest version is installed 

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (USA, Disc)

Say's the latest version is installed. I looked online, and there was a 1.14 patch for it released back in 2013. I wasn't able to DL any patch, so it looks like yet another affected game.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:10 AM, DeidaraTV said:

If you have any useful information or have any Games that are unable to download the patch and are not on this List, please let me know and I'll update the List immediately.

EDIT : I screwed up! Forgot that I'd rented the game years ago, and I still had the game data on my system. Please disregard my Black Ops 2 report below.

I can confirm that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (USA, Disc) is unable to download it's patch.

Edited by EverythingOnFire

I've checked all the disc games that wouldnt update in my list back in page 14 again. Not a single thing changed here today.

49 minutes ago, DeidaraTV said:

They are still available in the US Store though. Just checked.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Oblivion GOTY has an update? Are you sure about that? I have an EU copy and it never ever received an update.

EU copy as well. It's a 1.01 update.

Does Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom have an update?

Also, I'm been trying to download the MGS4 2.0 update patch for awhile now, but it always crashes. Can anyone test out their copies? I have the EU version if anyone's wondering.

Edited by Curat0r_Cyph3r
Missing text.

8 minutes ago, Curat0r_Cyph3r said:

EU copy as well. It's a 1.01 update.

Does Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom have an update?

Also, I'm been trying to download the MGS4 2.0 update patch, but it always crashes. Can anyone test out their copies. I have the EU version if anyone's wondering.

I didnt find any update for the US copy of Oblivion GOTY. Is there supposed to be one?

6 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I do the same, except I can't on my PS4 much any more due to how little free space I constantly have on it and its extended storage now. It's nice not having to wait for updates to download or games to install when I do finally get around to a game, rather get that out of the way ASAP.

Good to see updates seem to be starting to work again for many. Perhaps Sony actually decided to do something without really mentioning anything, think it was the same when the Vita was having issues with some game updates?

Yeah, I think I have maybe 1/2-2/3 of my PS4 games installed because of the HD limitations. I really wish they would have expanded the options. 

10 minutes ago, KentaZXi said:

I didnt find any update for the US copy of Oblivion GOTY. Is there supposed to be one?

I'll check my installed copy when I get home and let you know if it has a patch (I installed it a couple years ago)

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

Went through my PS3 discs and installed all available patches. Think I just need the Demon's Souls patch at this point but for most everything else I'm good and won't be getting caught with my pants down if this happens again.

Can't do the same for PS4 for obvious reasons but will consider it if I get a 20 TB hard drive inside of the thing before the next Patchpocalypse in 2028.

23 minutes ago, Curat0r_Cyph3r said:

Also, I'm been trying to download the MGS4 2.0 update patch for awhile now, but it always crashes. Can anyone test out their copies? I have the EU version if anyone's wondering.

I just inserted my NA copy of MGS4 Guns of the Patriots, and I am downloading right now an update called 2.00.

I also own the NA PSn digital copy of MGS4 GotP, but I haven't downloaded it to my PS3.

Finally, I own the NA version of MGS Legacy Collection, but it's sealed and haven't opened it to test if it gets the 2.00 update.

1 minute ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

I just inserted my NA copy of MGS4 Guns of the Patriots, and I am downloading right now an update called 2.00.

I also own the NA PSn digital copy of MGS4 GotP, but I haven't downloaded it to my PS3.

Finally, I own the NA version of MGS Legacy Collection, but it's sealed and haven't opened it to test if it gets the 2.00 update.

Mine keeps crashing. My drive's clean since I've already downloaded every update I can. I've also tried resetting the connection and disabling 2FA.