*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

8 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It's been an issue since February. 

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

We're just realising the magnitude of the games affected. It's not just one or two, it's a lot more than that.

I don't think it's something that "affects a game". PS3 was NEVER stable, and now everyone is trying to download games, patches, etc. since the rumors and then confirmation of store closures. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure someday you won't be able to download a patch, that's the isue with digital formats. But afaik, sony confirmed you'll still able to play your games, and that includes patching them up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

I don't think it's something that "affects a game". PS3 was NEVER stable, and now everyone is trying to download games, patches, etc. since the rumors and then confirmation of store closures. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure someday you won't be able to download a patch, that's the isue with digital formats. But afaik, sony confirmed you'll still able to play your games, and that includes patching them up.

It affects a game if you can't download a patch to access DLCs. It affects a game if you can't download a patch that fixes game breaking glitches. It affects a game if you can't download a patch to access the online or muliplayer portion.

This issue is also completely random. It's not just affecting one region. It's not just affecting one format (digital or disc). It's not just affecting games from one publisher. It's not even just affecting PS3 games, as at least one PS4 game is having this issue.

The more eyes and info on this subject that can be gathered, the greater chance it'll be fixed by Sony.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

Just now, Stevieboy said:

It affects a game if you can't download a patch to access DLCs. It affects a game if you can't download a patch that fixes game breaking glitches. It affects a game if you can't download a patch to access the online or muliplayer portion.

This issue is also completely random. It's not just affecting one region. It's not just affecting one format (digital or disc). It's not just affecting games from one publisher.

The more eyes and info on this subject that can be gathered, the greater chance it'll be fixed by Sony.

I mean that it's not a patch from a specific game going down. It's just, idk, lots of proble trying to access, download and install ps3 stuff. You got the facts here, some games that "are affected" are working right now. 

4 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

This issue is also completely random. It's not just affecting one region. It's not just affecting one format (digital or disc). It's not just affecting games from one publisher. It's not even just affecting PS3 games, as at least one PS4 game is having this issue.

What is the affected ps4 game? 

3 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

I mean that it's not a patch from a specific game going down. It's just, idk, lots of proble trying to access, download and install ps3 stuff. You got the facts here, some games that "are affected" are working right now. 

They'll be working in the region that's not affected. Such as Gran Turismo 5 being able to download the patches in NA, but not in EU.

Just now, LucasSakon said:

What is the affected ps4 game? 

Saints Row The Third Remastered isn't updating from 1.00 in EU.

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

They'll be working in the region that's not affected. Such as Gran Turismo 5 being able to download the patches in NA, but not in EU.

Dude, stop. I've tested several games from the main list, same region, same format, and they're working. 

Ghostbusters EU, Disc.

Dark Void, EU, Disc.

NFS Shift, EU, Disc.

Smash Cars!, EU, digital.

PAYDAY 2, EU, digital.

Can't test every game on the list but those are working. And like other users said, some are now working. 

6 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

My EU copy of SR, just updated to 1.09 so the problem might have been fixed ?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, breakXedge said:

Dude, stop. I've tested several games from the main list, same region, same format, and they're working. 

Ghostbusters EU, Disc.

Dark Void, EU, Disc.

NFS Shift, EU, Disc.

PAYDAY 2, EU, digital.

Can't test every game on the list but those are working. And like other users said, some are now working. 

Guy, if you tested these and they work for you, that's great. You need to give people more than 5 minutes to try it themselves so that more people can confirm it. One random dude from Spain claiming it works now does not mean the problem has magically disappeared for everyone.

Thank you for testing it, i will try my copy of Castlevania tonight to see for myself.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Ghostbusters EU, Disc.

Dark Void, EU, Disc.

NFS Shift, EU, Disc.

PAYDAY 2, EU, digital.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

My EU copy of SR, just updated to 1.09 so the problem might have been fixed 1f914.png.

Well, hopefully it has actually been fixed now then, if that's the case.

Found some time to do some testing and I'm also not getting the patch for my Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Vanilla (NA) disc. Bought both DLC packages and installed them. PS3 doesn't show me the version installed no matter where I look. Progressed past the tutorial to see the World Map like in @X_Wizi_X's post and counted only 12 dots. Guess that means I'm out of luck here. Hopefully it fixes itself somehow but if not then I might be looking at PSNow for the Platinum if they have the DLC on there. 

9ac884090c.PNG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

I understood Sony there More as „we are Not gonna disable the posibility to download content you already Owen“ i dont Expect them to fix anything if something breaks and Thats the Problem i see and worry about

16 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Ghostbusters EU, Disc.

Dark Void, EU, Disc.

NFS Shift, EU, Disc.

PAYDAY 2, EU, digital.

I just tried Smash Cars EU digital, and it's still not updating from 1.00 for me.

17 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Ghostbusters EU, Disc.

Dark Void, EU, Disc.

NFS Shift, EU, Disc.

PAYDAY 2, EU, digital.

You're the one that needs to stop and realise that just because they work for you doesn't mean they work for everyone. I've just checked all these you claim to work on non of them detected a patch....

Edited by GUDGER666

11 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Found some time to do some testing and I'm also not getting the patch for my Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Vanilla (NA) disc. Bought both DLC packages and installed them. PS3 doesn't show me the version installed no matter where I look. Progressed past the tutorial to see the World Map like in @X_Wizi_X's post and counted only 12 dots. Guess that means I'm out of luck here. Hopefully it fixes itself somehow but if not then I might be looking at PSNow for the Platinum if they have the DLC on there. 

9ac884090c.PNG

Have you tried to install the patch before the DLC? Honestly pretty sure this doesn't makes any difference at all, but give it a shot, who knows...

12 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Guy, if you tested these and they work for you, that's great. You need to give people more than 5 minutes to try it themselves so that more people can confirm it. One random dude from Spain claiming it works now does not mean the problem has magically disappeared for everyone.

Thank you for testing it, i will try my copy of Castlevania tonight to see for myself.

Yeah of course, and I din't want to sound like an idiot, sorry about that!

The point is, that seems more a result of people in panic and servers being blocked that an actual issue with sony (or whoever) removing patches from the store. I invite everyone to test their games from time to time to check if there's a conectivity issue.

1 hour ago, Hentekorino said:

Does anyone know if you can still platinum Tekken Tag 2 via. PSNOW?

I wasn't expecting them to start pushing this out so early, wtf. 

You should be able to.Theres only 2 online trohpies and you could get those quickly if youre good at fighting games.

1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

9ac884090c.PNG

I can't download the patch either, but the weird thing though is that I was able to download the latest patch for Lords of Shadow 2 just fine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crisis001 said:

I can't download the patch either, but the weird thing though is that I was able to download the latest patch for Lords of Shadow 2 just fine

That's great to hear because I actually placed an order for Lords of Shadow 2 yesterday before finding this out. Going to immediately install and update everything for it when it arrives from Amazon in a few days. 

• Like 1

To put some positivity here, I was able to download patches for these games so far (I don't own many PS3 games since I updated many to their PS4 versions):

Assassin's Creed

Batman Arkham Origins

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

Dead Space 2

Dead Space 3

Duke Nukem Forever

Final Fantasy 13-2

God of War Ascension

God of War Saga

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Infamous 2

Lightning Returns - Final Fantasy 13

Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots

Prince of Persia

Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands

Resident Evil - Operation Raccoon City (Honestly, I think I'll get rid of that game)

Silent Hill Downpour

The Bureau Xcom Declassified

Wolfenstein

Edited by Crisis001
  • Like 1