List of PS3 Games With Missing Updates *Now Resolved*

chiba0022

We don't need 2 threads for this. Please use the other thread for discussions on this subject:

The OP should still be able to edit the first post to update the list if needed, so it can be used as a reference instead. Although, the other thread is also being updated too.

• Like 1

Thanks for this list. I have tried updating Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic and Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (purchased digitally in the UK). Both are on that updates spreadsheet with EU codes but couldn’t update either. Possibly multiple EU digital codes for those?

19 hours ago, ddrakner said:

It would be useful (if someone can confirm it) to know if some of those missing patches affect trophies.

Thanks for the list anyway!

I believe that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has two trophy DLC levels that require the latest patch to play. A shame, because with the store closure I had been intending on finally buying the DLC, but there's no point if I can't play it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chiba0022 said:

This is an updated version of the list in the other thread. Thanks to cuevavirus0's post with the spreadsheet of updates, I have managed to make a complete list of all the games affected by the missing updates issue. Now I can say with 99% certainty that these are the only games which have missing updates at the moment.

How to use this list

Under each game title there is a list of the regions and versions affected. If you have one of these versions, it is affected, and you won't be able to download the update. If you have a different version, it is not. Simple as that. Any other game either still has its updates available, or never had one in the first place.

Some games had multiple versions in the same region. In these cases it is often hard to tell the difference, so if you have one, please test it and post the results, along with which country you bought it in.

Reveal hidden contents

MAG Beta 
NPUA70052 (Digital, USA)

LittleBigPlanet Beta
BCET70002 (Disc, EU)
YouTube BETA 
NPUB90949 (Digital, USA)

Almost every update on this list are still hosted on Sony servers, its just the xml hosted at https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx-ver.xml that is down for some unknown reason, Installing them on official firmware might be an issue but there might be workarounds.

For anyone on HEN or CFW this is a non issue. Links to all pkgs are available here for anyone who has a way to install them.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeViL303 said:

Almost every update on this list are still hosted on Sony servers, its just the xml hosted at https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx-ver.xml that is down for some unknown reason, Installing them on official firmware might be an issue but there might be workarounds.

For anyone on HEN or CFW this is a non issue. Links to all pkgs are available here for anyone who has a way to install them.

Hmm. That gets me thinking. If you're familiar with trophy hunting for Final Fantasy XV, you might know that the only way to get the trophies for the Comrades expansion for the base game is to do some technical trickery to install a previous patch level of the game, because at some point they spun Comrades out to a standalone with its own trophy list and current patch level of the base game no longer supports Comrades. I wonder if something similar can be done to get PS3s to install the current patch for these games.

8 hours ago, Gethron said:

Hmm. That gets me thinking. If you're familiar with trophy hunting for Final Fantasy XV, you might know that the only way to get the trophies for the Comrades expansion for the base game is to do some technical trickery to install a previous patch level of the game, because at some point they spun Comrades out to a standalone with its own trophy list and current patch level of the base game no longer supports Comrades. I wonder if something similar can be done to get PS3s to install the current patch for these games.

I didn't play Final Fantasy XV, but I'm very aware of the method you're referring to and unfortunately I don't think a similar would work here since what you do in order to download Final Fantasy XV up to a specific patch is to "intercept" the connection your ps4 and sony servers and trick it into thinking it's downloading all the available patches while in reality is not and the program used to facilitate this still has to access sony servers in order to retrieve pkgs addresses. The trouble on ps3 is because, by DeViL303's information, the servers that store those updates pkgs are down and there is no notice if it will come back.

A workaround would be if you make your ps3 connect to a 3rd party software that could redirect the download to another web address that would contain the proper update for that title.

I know that I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point, but microsoft also handled this way better on 360 than Sony did on ps3. On 360, if for whatever reason you cannot download an update to your console, you can easily put it on usb flash drive (In a proper directory) and there are plenty game update repositories for 360 games, so this would never be an issue.