PSN Cloud storage allows only 1.000 save files

I've recently started going through and deleting some of my cloud saves. The one thing I kinda realized recently with them it's a bit stupid to get upset with the lack of  them. If anything the store shutdown that got cancelled reminded me again, digital isn't forever. Sure there's so much space left over but on the flip side will we really need this saves or even gave access to those saves forever? It would be much simpler for me to buy a $5 usb drive and just out the important ones on there to hold.

Even then the chances are I ever go back to these saves are slim to none. Take Mad Max for exmaple I kept the saves on there but why? I already completed the whole game, I did every mission, looted every location and captured all the bases. If I load up the save all I will be able to do is drive around a literal empty wasteland.

A game like Skyrim (which I've owned on every system except for Switch and logged thousands of hours into it). I don't feel attachment to dig up my old save as I would sooner rather start another new character to roleplay as in it. Or just go on PC and see what new mods there is for it to change up the game and make it feel fresh again.

Basically as long as I can still play these games twenty years from now. That's all that matters to me, I don't get any feeling of Nostalgia the same way I would loading up a save of a game from my childhood on the PS1.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1.5.2021 at 2:13 AM, HaserPL said:

To you, this might seem arbitrary, but if you step out of your shoes, you might think that the limit is there for a reason. Imagine what would happen with PS Cloud servers, if everyone was allowed to have 100 GB's worth of save files. This isn't Google, they wouldn't handle that shit. Just look at what has happened with LittleBigPlanet servers, just because a dickhead wanted to spam with new creations so much the servers crashed and had to be disabled. Don't you think there would be plenty of trolls who would happily write scripts for making thousands of small-sized save files, just to fuck with everyone who uses PS Cloud?

I also reached the limit and my current games I can´t upload anything more to the cloud. that sucks. this is for the players.

• Like 1

I haven't cleaned out my cloud storage in several years, since it first notified me that it was full. And when I say full, I mean Skyrim made a different file each save and PSN+ was backing up every one of them. We're talking 50 some-odd stupidly big saves.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:26 PM, MandA60VISE said:

You likely have saves for games you will never touch again, don't even remember anything about, or the save itself is nothing impressive like a 100% completion file or whatever. Your trophies already show off what you've accomplished in said game so why does it matter if you retain each and every save?

you never know which games will get a PS5 stack with save transfer 

• Like 1

I imagine the next time Sony raises Ps Plus price they'll give us 500GB!! (but cap is still 1000 files) haha

• 5 months later...

My opinion, it's better than not have the cloud save option at all. Maybe use a USB device to save game save data onto that you wish to keep but don't play. I keep only my most recent or most played games saved onto the cloud, everything else is stored on USB until I wish to play it again. I don't know, maybe that's too "old school" for some of you.  ?

11 minutes ago, SickaDelicGaming said:

My opinion, it's better than not have the cloud save option at all. Maybe use a USB device to save game save data onto that you wish to keep but don't play. I keep only my most recent or most played games saved onto the cloud, everything else is stored on USB until I wish to play it again. I don't know, maybe that's too "old school" for some of you.  1f602.png

The main issue is that the PS5 doesn't allow saves from PS5 games to be backed up to USB.

The cloud storage is a paid for service, and while most people probably aren't paying for PS+ primarily for the cloud storage, we simply aren't getting what we're paying for in that aspect of the service anyway, but no amount of trying to bring the issue to Sony's attention seems to solve anything. Not surprising giving Sony's attitude to other things. I don't think even Nintendo has a limit to how many saves you can store in the cloud with the Switch. Neither does Xbox, and cloud storage on there is completely free.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

The main issue is that the PS5 doesn't allow saves from PS5 games to be backed up to USB.

The cloud storage is a paid for service, and while most people probably aren't paying for PS+ primarily for the cloud storage, we simply aren't getting what we're paying for in that aspect of the service anyway, but no amount of trying to bring the issue to Sony's attention seems to solve anything. Not surprising giving Sony's attitude to other things. I don't think even Nintendo has a limit to how many saves you can store in the cloud with the Switch. Neither does Xbox, and cloud storage on there is completely free.

Hmm.. Guess it bothers some people more than others. Myself, I pay for all of Sony's subscriptions they offer and have never ran into troubles due to "Cloud Storage". Even with my PS5 I'm easily able to keep my PS5 game save data on the console itself, considering the fact that it's not going to need to be moved back to the 4 or Vita.. Just seems like Cloud Storage is something silly to complain about. Paying for PS+ gives you multiple free games each month WELLLLL over the asking price for the 1 month subscription. Complaining about the fact we pay for cloud storage just seems all around pointless. I mean you said it yourself, no matter what we say, Sony's going to do what they do. 

I'm even more annoyed by this since I started getting "Unknown application" boxes in my cloud save data. I have no way of knowing whether it's anything I can safely delete or not. I hit my 1000 save cap a while ago (though I'm obviously nowhere near the 100Gb - which could be 100Tb for all it matters with the cap), and am pissed at the false advertising/small characters...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SickaDelicGaming said:

Hmm.. Guess it bothers some people more than others. Myself, I pay for all of Sony's subscriptions they offer and have never ran into troubles due to "Cloud Storage". Even with my PS5 I'm easily able to keep my PS5 game save data on the console itself, considering the fact that it's not going to need to be moved back to the 4 or Vita.. Just seems like Cloud Storage is something silly to complain about. Paying for PS+ gives you multiple free games each month WELLLLL over the asking price for the 1 month subscription. Complaining about the fact we pay for cloud storage just seems all around pointless. I mean you said it yourself, no matter what we say, Sony's going to do what they do. 

I don't even add the free games to my library any more, haven't for over a year now, because it's mostly crap I don't care about or I already own it. I personally couldn't care less about the "free" games on PS+, that's not one of the selling points of the service for me.

Yeah, yeah, complaining is ultimately pointless, but I'll never not be bitter about this. Bitching about it on a public forum at least makes other people aware of this issue's existence if nothing else, since it isn't really explicitly stated anywhere otherwise. If it doesn't bother you, good for you bro, remember things that aren't important to you may be to others, and vice versa.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 2