Grind is killing me

Lowlliet

A little bit of a rant but who cares.

I really wanna know whose idea was to put all collectibles trophy in a random generated map game. I’ve been running the 2nd biom for like 15 hours and got 0/2 ciphers I need. I’m sure I’ve already had all possible combinations. It’s the same 3 patterns of rooms all the time. Again and again. 

The game is extremely good and I didn’t play something this much fun in a long time but this grind is really killing me. I’d rather play the entire game without death than this. Even grinding in Dark Souls was much more fun. 

Are the ciphers behind orange lasers? Can I find them in the arenas (doors with a star)? Or are they only in the side and main rooms?

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

Are the ciphers behind orange lasers? Can I find them in the arenas (doors with a star)? Or are they only in the side and main rooms?

Seems to me that they are only on main and side. 

I'm close to platinum, literally missing 1-2 item per biome and 4 glyphs on #6. 

8 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

A little bit of a rant but who cares.

I really wanna know whose idea was to put all collectibles trophy in a random generated map game. I’ve been running the 2nd biom for like 15 hours and got 0/2 ciphers I need. I’m sure I’ve already had all possible combinations. It’s the same 3 patterns of rooms all the time. Again and again. 

The game is extremely good and I didn’t play something this much fun in a long time but this grind is really killing me. I’d rather play the entire game without death than this. Even grinding in Dark Souls was much more fun. 

I feel your pain but with the Sunface things. I’ve run biome 1 and 2 at least 10 times each and have yet to find a single sunface fragment... :( really dreading doing the collectibles now too

30 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

I feel your pain but with the Sunface things. I’ve run biome 1 and 2 at least 10 times each and have yet to find a single sunface fragment... :( really dreading doing the collectibles now too

Make sure to do Biome 4 again and do the last house segment you need before they start spawning.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

Fragments are easy because they are always somewhere in the area. 100%. You just need to clear every room and search every triangle on the map. 

But ciphers are killing me. I just need like 5 collectibles for the platinum. 3 ciphers and 2 logs. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Seems to me that they are only on main and side. 

I'm close to platinum, literally missing 1-2 item per biome and 4 glyphs on #6. 

4 minutes ago, Melar20 said:

I'm in my 50th run on the Crimson Wastes and I'm still missing 2 ciphers, it's terrible.

Same here. 

I’m beginning to question if those 2 aren’t somewhat hidden somewhere and not visible on the map. 

Same here. I had 10-11 hours played when I beat the game. I now have 40+. So that's 30 hours of grinding. I think I'm going to stop looking. It's so tedious sprinting through the same rooms over and over. And then I get lockdowns and I have to wait for the big monster to spawn before I can kill it and move on.

I don't quite understand why more developers of 'random' aspects don't make it so it's not completely random. This game could have it so that you would have at least 1 unexplored room each run. Or 1 missing cypher/scout log room each run. Multiplayer games could have weights for maps based on each players map history instead of random maps that can repeat for someone over and over. Etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

Same here. 

I’m beginning to question if those 2 aren’t somewhat hidden somewhere and not visible on the map. 

I finally found the 19th and the trophy unlocked, it seems the 20th doesn't exist or it isn't needed.

Edited by Melar20

Just now, Melar20 said:

I finally found the 19th and the trophy unlocked, it seems the 20th doesn't exist or it isn't needed.

Where exactly did you find it? Was it in the first section outside or somewhere else? Side room or main room?

Just now, Lowlliet said:

Where exactly did you find it? Was it in the first section outside or somewhere else? Side room or main room?

This was in the temple, in a room where you need both the hookshot and the blue orb to reach this platform. Main room.

x5fD6rx.jpg

4 minutes ago, Melar20 said:

This was in the temple, in a room where you need both the hookshot and the blue orb to reach this platform. Main room.

x5fD6rx.jpg

Thanks for the screen!

And did you see it on the minimap? Was it a completely new room you didn’t have before? 

1 minute ago, Lowlliet said:

Thanks for the screen!

And did you see it on the minimap? Was it a completely new room you didn’t have before? 

Yes, the room was new so I immediately got excited and looked at the minimap, it was next to a chest.

5 minutes ago, Melar20 said:

Yes, the room was new so I immediately got excited and looked at the minimap, it was next to a chest.

Thanks for the info. I think I already got that one you just got now, so I’m missing a different one. Oh well. 

24 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

Thanks for the info. I think I already got that one you just got now, so I’m missing a different one. Oh well. 

I looked at my screenshot for the sake of interest, and I have a completely different place383f7d71bae7ee5a935611a33634298d.jpg

Just to give a heads up to everyone, in the final Biome, Abyss(?) - in any case the underwater part

If you reach the room with the four staircases that start slowly going down once you enter so you cannot reach all the items/chests in time GO LEFT! I've only played through the Biome three times and I don't know if RNG can turn the room around but for me they were always on the left and I managed to f*** it up 2/3 times. On the left side the 'catwalk' is connected and you'll find more collectibles (I just missed a cipher and the final fragment piece....) on the right it's just orbs, parasited and maybe a chest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Melar20 said:

I'm in my 50th run on the Crimson Wastes and I'm still missing 2 ciphers, it's terrible.

I got one on the left side of a green light moving room maybe it could help you

1 hour ago, Valkirye22 said:

Just to give a heads up to everyone, in the final Biome, Abyss(?) - in any case the underwater part

If you reach the room with the four staircases that start slowly going down once you enter so you cannot reach all the items/chests in time GO LEFT! I've only played through the Biome three times and I don't know if RNG can turn the room around but for me they were always on the left and I managed to f*** it up 2/3 times. On the left side the 'catwalk' is connected and you'll find more collectibles (I just missed a cipher and the final fragment piece....) on the right it's just orbs, parasited and maybe a chest.

I confirm, I got one here too !

I have spent the last 10 hours trying to find scout log 9 in biome 1. What an excellent way to spend my day off work... I'm no stranger to grindy trophies, but this shit is just plain annoying. I guess RNGJesus is finally punishing me for getting 3 large crowns in a row in Monster Hunter World.

• Like 1

Yeah have to agree the game is great but the collectibles being RNG based is a pain, like collectibles in any game are bad enough but relying on RNG to create the specific room that may not even be generated on your particular cycle is annoying. I’ve only had another run through 4-6 again last night for collectibles after I completed the game. Maybe they should have made it so that at least one collectible that you were missing was generated in your cycle somewhere. 

Lets hope they make a second Returnal because I loved this game and learn that it is a bit cheap and tedious that collectibles are RNG based. 

Edit: An addition of a photomode wouldn’t be a bad thing either as there are some really cool visuals in this game. 

Edited by lynx_1985
  • Like 1