Europe is getting Ps4 'Made in Japan'

Vivinho333

I found this post http://gearnuke.com/is-europe-getting-made-japan-playstation-4/ and I have to admit that I will be happier with a ps4 Made in Japan than one Made in China, it has nothing to do with me don't liking China but with all those rumors about the problems that Us Ps4 are having and some saying that it's because of the Chinese students that made it, I'll feel a little more relief seeing a nice 'Made in Japan' in the back of my console :P

Edited by Vivinho333
  • Like 1

I found this post http://gearnuke.com/is-europe-getting-made-japan-playstation-4/ and I have to admit that I will be happier with a ps4 Made in Japan than one Made in China, it has nothing to do with me don't liking China but with all those rumors about the problems that Us Ps4 are having and some saying that it's because of the Chinese students that made it, I'll feel a little more relief seeing a nice 'Made in Japan' in the back of my console :P

Is there any sort of credible evidence that suggests that is true? When you sell a million units in one day there is an expected number of failures, that is just how electronics work. Sony has said that less than 1% have issues so I'd say those Chinese did a pretty damn good job myself. 

Also, the console will be made with the same exact parts in the same exact manner so I'd be willing to bet they will be exactly the same. 

Parker

• Like 4

Is there any sort of credible evidence that suggests that is true? When you sell a million units in one day there is an expected number of failures, that is just how electronics work. Sony has said that less than 1% have issues so I'd say those Chinese did a pretty damn good job myself. 

Also, the console will be made with the same exact parts in the same exact manner so I'd be willing to bet they will be exactly the same. 

Parker

This. 

A 99.6% sterling success rate is nothing to sniff at. The only reason it appears like there are failure rates of apocalyptic proportions is because the base number of units sold is so high. And yes, I did just go mathematical on your arse. 

Seriously though, there's a natural failure rate found in everything in this world, and electronics are complicated, delicate mechanisms. Furthermore, Sony are replacing all faulty PS4s with shiny new ones, so what's the problem? 

Having 'Made In Japan' engraved on your console is a purely cosmetic difference, no two ways about that.

• Like 2

Parker

No there is not, but there's a rumor and  I'm just saying that having a Ps4 made in japan will give me 1% of relief

So the PlayStation 4's are going to have different hardware inside? China making something as opposed to assembling something is completely different. 

Parker

They might aswell produce the parts in china too, there would be no difference. And besides they actually do produce them at foxconn.

329 British Pound Sterling equals

533.21 US Dollar

399 Euro equals

540.68 US Dollar

See how much MORE Europe and the UK pay for these systems then America with tax? $130 - $140 more (American price does not include state tax, Europe and UK ones do)

Of course we're going to get the Japanese factory, we pay so much more for the systems they better f**king work.

You get it for less, we get it for more. You get it from China, we got it from Japan.

Hopefully the rumors are true.

Anyone, less likely to have bad build quality like the Chinese ones that were used in a protest by them dilabritally making faulty units.

I honestly couldn't care who builds my PS4, as long as I'm able to pick it up on the 29th of November at Midnight with no faults on the console. Even if a bunch of squirrels built my PS4 and left a lot of nuts inside the PS4 but it still runs like a charm, not a problem at all because the damn thing works and that's what it is all about. :P

Wouldn't it be ironic if it was still made by the Chinese but the factory is in Japan.

• Like 1

Is labor as cheap in Japan as it is in China?  I would be worried because I know Sony only made, what, $18 per console?  That is not much at all, if Japan labor is more expensive then Sony is either going to take a huge loss or they are going to use cheaper parts.

Although after reading KaiOliverTaylor post, I suppose the extra money they spend will make up for the more expensive labor costs.

Is labor as cheap in Japan as it is in China?  I would be worried because I know Sony only made, what, $18 per console?  That is not much at all, if Japan labor is more expensive then Sony is either going to take a huge loss or they are going to use cheaper parts.

Although after reading KaiOliverTaylor post, I suppose the extra money they spend will make up for the more expensive labor costs.

If Sony make $18 per console sold thats a fecking miricale. Sony has never made money on consoles sold within the first year. Now Nintendo on the other hand make a shed load on the low end stuff that they sell at premium rates and once the competition starts they reduce the prices.

I honestly couldnt give a shite where it is made, as long as it works for 10 years after I buy it!

Parker

You are mostly correct. It's more of a mentally situated "problem". Frankly I'm happy, because having "made in Japan" engraved at the back of my PS4 makes me feel better. It makes no difference in the long run, as you said, it's a simple cosmetic difference, but... Nonetheless, I'm going to enjoy it :P

I'll confirm if it's true this friday, when I'll get mine :D

Edited by ElfenSky