PSNP Interviews: Burgins - Submit Your Questions!

Hello one and all back to Member Interviews! Our second interviewee of the month is none other than @Burgins! Please take this unique opportunity to sate your curiosity ;)

Ditnopota.png

You may be asking, who is this person? Well, let's find out. Questions can be submitted starting now until May 25th, 2021. Burgins has provided the community a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions :)

About Me

My name is Steve, I'm originally from Atlanta though I haven't lived there for quite a long time. I'm in college for Chemistry and hope to get into a veterinary school in a few years (I'm a huge animal lover!). I've been trophy/achievement hunting since 2011 and writing trophy guides since 2017. My preferred achievement hunting platforms are PS4 and PC (for PS Now and for a non-Sony achievement thing, RetroAchievements), though I've had some fun with 360 games as well. My most played genres are probably JRPGs, horror, open world, and roguelikes.

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewees have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewees has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those question along with the standard question will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewees will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. The interviewees will also have the chance to complete a bonus side activity presented by the prior interviewee.
  5. Once the interviewees has finished answering the question, I will post the whole Interview in a new thread.

How to be a Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added on the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/ost?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback of business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout out too and if so why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. What was it that got you into trophy hunting?
  2. If you were an A.I. and wanted to enslave the humans - how would you try to do it?
  3. What's it like?
  4. Out of all of the anime series that you have watched over the years, which one was the most disappointing to you and why?

5. If you were given the chance to take an anime that was awful/lackluster and fix it so it didn't suck, which anime would it be and how would you go about fixing it (what changes would you make) in order to make it into a good (or even great) anime?

6. If you could do the same for a manga that was awful/lackluster, which one would it be and how would you go about fixing it (what changes would you make) in order to make it into a good (or even great) manga?

7. Let's pretend that you won the lottery (in this scenario, at least $10 million dollars) and headed off to Japan to pitch your idea to a anime studio or manga publisher for what could be the next big anime or manga franchise:

1. What kind of genre would your anime or manga be? Would it be action/adventure, mystery, romance, horror, slice of life, comedy, ecchi/fanservice, fighting, supernatural, sci-fi/fantasy, etc?

2. What kind of characters/world would you include in it?

3. Who would be your main protagonist (male or female) and what would be their backstory?

4. How would the main story for the anime/manga play out? Would it be something on the simpler side or something more complex and deep where there is more to the story than meets the eye?

8. If you ever were fortunate enough to win the lottery (for this example, let's say more than $10 million dollars), what would be the coolest thing that you might purchase and why?

9. What's your opinion on snakes in your yard (venomous or not)? Live and let live? Kill indiscriminately on sight? Add a water feature to the garden?

10. Would you ever get a tattoo based off a video game series you enjoy?

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 2

It was kind of sad to see so few responses (questions) in this thread, so I decided to post my questions from the previous Interview below (even though we are past the deadline, I figured since the thread was unlocked it would be ok to do so).

Time to break out some anime-related questions for this one (if you are not a anime/manga fan, then skip to the very bottom of this post for a different question):

1. Out of all of the anime series that you have watched over the years, which one was the most disappointing to you and why?
  2. If you were given the chance to take an anime that was awful/lackluster and fix it so it didn't suck, which anime would it be and how would you go about fixing it (what changes would you make) in order to make it into a good (or even great) anime? 
  3. If you could do the same for a manga that was awful/lackluster, which one would it be and how would you go about fixing it (what changes would you make) in order to make it into a good (or even great) manga? 
  4. Let's pretend that you won the lottery (in this scenario, at least $10 million dollars) and headed off to Japan to pitch your idea to a anime studio or manga publisher for what could be the next big anime or manga franchise:
  • What kind of genre would your anime or manga be? Would it be action/adventure, mystery, romance, horror, slice of life, comedy, ecchi/fanservice, fighting, supernatural, sci-fi/fantasy, etc?
  • What kind of characters/world would you include in it?
  • Who would be your main protagonist (male or female) and what would be their backstory?
  • How would the main story for the anime/manga play out? Would it be something on the simpler side or something more complex and deep where there is more to the story than meets the eye?

NOTE: If you are not a fan of anime and/or manga, then please answer this question instead:

• If you ever were fortunate enough to win the lottery (for this example, let's say more than $10 million dollars), what would be the coolest thing that you might purchase and why?
Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 2