Suggestion: Like feature for status updates

amebapiko

OMG THIS ISN'T FACEBOOK!!!!

Just kidding.

I'm not - if you 'like' what someone has said on a status, just respond to it - if you can't find a way of responding to it in a nice way which gives the user a lovely warm feeling inside, then it obviously wasn't worth a like in any case

People already try to abuse the like system as it is. I'm all for self gratification and self rewarding don't get me wrong, but in all cases, likes should, in most cases, be only for helpful posts.

Well either that or Sly locks 'likes' down to 1 per user per day - in which case it'll calm shit down :D

Edited by Memnoch

No.

I guess it's the world we live in but why does everyone feel the need to "like" or "rep" someone?

I will "like" something when someone puts some thought and time into an answer or I find a meme funny, not because they said Plat #3 Hannah Montana....game sux!

I wish Sly would just get of the like system all together. If you want to "like" someone's status, take 30 seconds and send them a PM.

Maybe I'm just turning into a ornery old bastard....like AF.

• Like 3

Solution: Have another box on your profile for total status update likes, as well as keeping the other likes from forum.

Separating the two, as the forum likes are obvious an indicator of usefulness and quality of posting in the forums and the new box can display the amount of likes you have gotten for status updates, which could indicate the activeness of posting statuses and also the quality and likeableness of the stuff you post. To make it look nice the box for "status update likes" could be another colour other than green to make it distinctly different from the forum likes.

• Like 1

Right, I forgot about the fact you don't code the forums...

Anything with likes tends to promote spam - it just means another thing to mod. Or again it would have to have massive limitations (only 1 status update per 24 hours, etc)

Here is an example :

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/8857-like-the-person-above-you

Yeah come to think of it, apart from the fact it's not possible anyway, it wouldn't promote anything useful and the thing we should be here for is the forums.

• Like 1