Baker’s Final March

Baker

4 hours ago, Baker said:

So my controller started to make a downwards motion without me touching it making SMBF impossible for me to play through. I can’t even do a single no death run, even through an easy light world, because of it. So I need a new one but unfortunately those things are too expensive for me.

Bummer dude, sorry to hear about your luck with the controller. Just curious as to if you were liking SMBF so far tho?? Hopefully you've found the guide useful too!!

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Bummer dude, sorry to hear about your luck with the controller. Just curious as to if you were liking SMBF so far tho?? Hopefully you've found the guide useful too!!

Yeah I really like it. So far. Maybe future no death runs through the dark world will change that. ?

I managed to borrow an old PS4 controller from a friend so I can continue. ?

I made use of the guide and watched a few video’s of you playing. But I basically do everything blind unless I can’t figure out how to get through a chunk. Then I turn to Arcesius his video’s or just ask him through PSN as I’m playing on the same seed.

I have one question for you though. How the hell can you play as Meatsona? I tried him and his movements really through me off.. ?

• Like 2

Update:

I thought this was very weird so I thought I’d share it.

So I contacted the store about Borderlands 3 and the response was that in the majority of these Ultimate Editions the voucher with DLC codes are missing. 2K knows about it but doesn’t do anything about it. The gaming stores know about it but they sell them anyway.

Stupid right?

So I went to the store to trade mine in for a copy that does have codes and we had to open 3 copies before there was one with a code in it. 

Ridiculous. But at least I got all the DLC now.

1 hour ago, Baker said:

So I went to the store to trade mine in for a copy that does have codes and we had to open 3 copies before there was one with a code in it.

Does the code come on a voucher? Was the voucher missing in those other copies or just the code was not printed on it? Interesting problem and good thing the store helped you with the problem.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Baker said:

I have one question for you though. How the hell can you play as Meatsona? I tried him and his movements really through me off.. 1f602.png

Hmm yeah, you know what's odd is he ending up being my main for a while there! I guess it's prob just a matter of playing a bit with him and you'll get used to him eventually. Good luck tho man, you can definitely get this one ? Feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions or anything!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Does the code come on a voucher? Was the voucher missing in those other copies or just the code was not printed on it? Interesting problem and good thing the store helped you with the problem.

Yeah on a voucher. And in the majority of these new sealed Ultimated Editions the voucher is just not in it. 

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Hmm yeah, you know what's odd is he ending up being my main for a while there! I guess it's prob just a matter of playing a bit with him and you'll get used to him eventually. Good luck tho man, you can definitely get this one ? Feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions or anything!

Here is a question: Why do the warpzones suck so bad? ?

Yeah currently practicing Lock Jaw Girl. A couple of tricky jumps in a few levels, but I can do it. I think it’s a bit easier than Teak Girl. Hopefully I’ll have it next week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baker said:

Yeah currently practicing Lock Jaw Girl. A couple of tricky jumps in a few levels, but I can do it. I think it’s a bit easier than Teak Girl. Hopefully I’ll have it next week.

Ah, very nice to hear that you can continue! Did you find out if you can get a new Dual Sense through warranty?

On my Seeds, Lock Jaw Girl is definitely the easiest run so you'll smash it soon for sure ?

• Like 3

Update:

Back again with some SMBF.

Onto world 2 where I got the Light World no death run easily. In fact I assume they are all going to be easy. So onto the Dark World. Initially this was not bad at all. I got all S Ranks (No Death+Speed) very fast. Until I got to the second last chunk of level 6 and died over 300 times there. This chunk was insane to me and it took me at least 2 hours to get a no death run on this level alone. Therefore I decided to skip this world for now and play it on another seed in the future as I think it’s not feasible for me to pull off a full no death run on this seed.

So onto world 3:

This was a nightmare. The difficulty wasn’t bad at all and was easier than the first 2 worlds. I practiced the Dark World and after about 2 hours I could easily beat all levels without dying. Then it’s just a small matter of stringing them together. But I decided to go to choke town, and apparently I really liked it there because choking was all I did. This took me at least another 15 hours..

Jump a millisecond too late: Dead.

Hold :cross: a millisecond too long: Dead.

Twitchy thumb? Guess what: Dead.

I’m going to take a little break from this game to keep my sanity.

@Arcesius, @HusKy Yeah I still have the warranty and the controller is about 7,8 months old. So how would something like that work? I need to send it somewhere and they fix it for free I assume? But really only SMBF is suffering from it so I’m no rush. I’m also going to try to put some oil in the left analog stick first to see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baker said:

Yeah I still have the warranty and the controller is about 7,8 months old. So how would something like that work?

Well, here I just brought my original controller and the receipt to the store where I bought the console and they had 30 days to either fix it or give me replacement.

Should be easy to Google this info for your country.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker said:

I’m going to take a little break from this game to keep my sanity.

It really is an exercise in perseverance if nothing else! Just stick with it and you'll get them eventually. I had to do the same, take breaks and play other shit... I actually broke a controller throughout the process! And if all else fails, just switch seeds. Some of those sections are rough, The Clinic and The Lab on my seed were fucking BRUTAL ?

I wanna say it took me ~200 hours or so for the whole process? Just to give you an idea of how it went for me at least. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

It really is an exercise in perseverance if nothing else! Just stick with it and you'll get them eventually. I had to do the same, take breaks and play other shit... I actually broke a controller throughout the process! And if all else fails, just switch seeds. Some of those sections are rough, The Clinic and The Lab on my seed were fucking BRUTAL 1f605.png

I wanna say it took me ~200 hours or so for the whole process? Just to give you an idea of how it went for me at least. 

I never give up so I’ll be fine in the end.

I checked out The Lab dark world and here it really steps up in difficulty. So much stuff going on on screen. I don’t even know what to do half the time. ?

I’m also already 50 hours in and I’m maybe 1/4 through the game? No doubt this will take me 200 hours too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #347+100%

L836bf1.png

Borderlands 3

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 100+ hours

Only one game completed this month.

I started this game to take a little break from SMBF but I was quickly addicted to playing this and this alone so that break took a little longer than planned. 

It’s not as good as Borderlands 2 but still a lot of fun. Very good gunplay combined with a lot of humor, and it’s my type of humor. This franchise is the king of looter shooters. Highly enjoyable for me.

Not much more to say about it except a big thanks to @Deluziion90 for helping me out with the two coop trophies but even more so for giving me the best gear in the game. I had a hard time getting some good loot drops but with this gear I could crank up the difficulty to the max and played the final two DLC’s I needed to do on Mayhem lvl 11.

If you want it back message me and I’ll drop it for you. 

Alright. Back to SMBF.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

Nicely done dude!! Seems like you're making great progress, granted at the expense of part of your sanity ?

0DB is a bit tricky... It's like you said, just figuring out where the fuck to go half the time is a challenge in and of itself! But if you made it this far, shouldn't be too much of an issue for you ?

Looking forward to the next update! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Nicely done dude!! Seems like you're making great progress, granted at the expense of part of your sanity 1f605.png

0DB is a bit tricky... It's like you said, just figuring out where the fuck to go half the time is a challenge in and of itself! But if you made it this far, shouldn't be too much of an issue for you 1f4aa.png

Looking forward to the next update! 

Thanks man.

I already played a bit of 0DB, S ranked the first 5 levels, and the difficulty is surprisingly easy. Now the 6th level looked by far the hardest but I haven’t played it yet. I’m going to do this no death run now. I really want to go into NG+ and do some relaxing pacifier hunting.. ?

Question: In NG+, did you even bother searching for pacifiers in the dark worlds? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Thanks man.

I already played a bit of 0DB, S ranked the first 5 levels, and the difficulty is surprisingly easy. Now the 6th level looked by far the hardest but I haven’t played it yet. I’m going to do this no death run now. I really want to go into NG+ and do some relaxing pacifier hunting.. ?

Question: In NG+, did you even bother searching for pacifiers in the dark worlds? 

Nice, get it my friend!! You're almost on easy street at this point.

I started trying to get them initially in dark world on ng+... But pretty quickly decided that the headache was not worth it! Some of them are incredibly difficult to obtain that you could potentially spend a few extra hours trying to get every single one each run ?

So ya, in summation I highly recommend getting all the light world ones and maybe a few of the easier dark world ones, then just reset and repeat. I think I did 5 playthroughs total when all was said and done!!

• Like 1

Update:

A final SMBF update for a while..

One theme applies when doing this no death run: Raaaage Quit!!!

It has been a very long time since I rage quitted a game. I can’t even remember it to be honest, but over the last 2 days I’ve done it a couple of times.

I just kept messing up. I actually saved a clip which I’ll spare, 18 minutes long, where I choke on the final checkpoint in level 6 four times in a row. I could save myself by backing out except for the last one where I hit the absolute final thing that could kill me.

Now I think level 6 is the hardest and I often save a harder level for last to be much more focused when playing. Often I just go through the motions and let muscle memory take over, hardly paying any attention at all. And that screws me over a lot of times.

And this also happened when I choked on the final checkpoint on level 1, which is very easy, and even worse: level 5. You can skip the entire level but somehow I managed to get the first jump wrong. I sat with my hands in front of my face for 5 minutes after that. I couldn’t believe it..

And the mechanics in this world felt very strange. I often had the feeling I punched straight through these dimension shifting squares. Not to mention there could be a hazard behind it, so you needed to punch it at the low or high side. So many unnecessary deaths..

So I can now go into NG+ as I’m playing the final two no death runs on a different seed. Although I might check out that one CP that I thought was impossible in The Clinic again. 

Collecting pacifiers I need to unlock the final characters. I’m going to save Classic Dr. Fetus as a final trophy as I had this planned as my final milestone: 350th platinum.

So there is plenty of time left and therefore I’ll be taking a break for a few weeks again from this game. But I’ll be back to tackle the final two, and hardest, no death runs.

Until then.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 4

Well done my friend, well done!! The Lab is definitely a bitch... But you've made it this far so no doubt you'll smash it out soon enough!! 

I can't even begin to say how many times I did similarly to you and just fucked up a perfect run in the last seconds ? This game be like that and I don't do well with high pressure runs like the SMB franchise contains!

Love that you're making it a milestone, BTW... It's #200 for me actually!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Well done my friend, well done!! The Lab is definitely a bitch... But you've made it this far so no doubt you'll smash it out soon enough!! 

I can't even begin to say how many times I did similarly to you and just fucked up a perfect run in the last seconds ? This game be like that and I don't do well with high pressure runs like the SMB franchise contains!

Love that you're making it a milestone, BTW... It's #200 for me actually!

Thanks man.

I already played through The Lab and got all the S Ranks. So I can do it. There are really only a couple of tricky parts imo. I want to go for it but I’m going to wait..

That said. And I said this to Arcesius too, your seed across all no death runs looks so much harder than the one I’m playing on. Respect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baker said:

That said. And I said this to Arcesius too, your seed across all no death runs looks so much harder than the one I’m playing on. Respect.

Appreciate that my dude!! And yes, no sense in rushing it... It will look purdy as a milestone anyway!!

• Like 1