Baker’s Final March

Baker

19 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

I'm 20ish hours into SoS myself, and I can kinda see what you mean about the combat getting a little stale 😅 Love the game other than that!

I was kinda surprised to hear you didn't like the music! There were 1 or 2 tunes I've heard so far that I really enjoyed.

Not sure how old you are (I'm 39 myself), but I grew up gaming on the chiptunish styled stuff from back in the day... so it's always held a special place in my heart!

With that being said, it's understandable you feel that way because it's def not something for everyone and prob more of an acquired taste.

As for Tiny Tina, bummer to hear you didn't enjoy it that much, but glad you at least got it all discounted to stave off some of the disappointment!!

Anyway, cheers bud and enjoy that holiday 😎

Ehm.. I think you misunderstood me? I like the music in Sea Of Stars! I hate the music in The Messenger. Which is a sequel or prequel to SOS. I thought it was so terrible I deleted the game after 5 minutes. 

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Ehm.. I think you misunderstood me? I like the music in Sea Of Stars! I hate the music in The Messenger. Which is a sequel or prequel to SOS. I thought it was so terrible I deleted the game after 5 minutes. 

Ahhh indeed I did misinterpret! My apologies there 😅 I did play Messenger but it was a number of years ago, so I don't remember it at all! I did hear SoS dlc is supposed to be tied to it, so I'll need to find a story synopsis on YT or something.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Baker said:

Update:

It has been a while..

I was a little hesitant to share this because it’s not really trophy related but let’s go..

For almost a year now I’ve been suffering from a burn out. Not a gaming burn out, but a real life burn out. And I’ve never felt this terrible before.

At least 2 or 3 times a week for the past year it really feels like I’m dying. Extreme heart rate, can’t breath, muscle twitches, the list goes on and on. It has been a nightmare. And I couldn’t really play games because of it. Actually playing games only made it worse because then I can’t control my breathing. Especially in games that require focus.

But it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like I’ve finally recovered. For the past 3 weeks I’ve been symptoms free. I feel like I’m back! I’m so relieved! (Knock on wood)

Next time will be a big update with loads of games with a pink thumbnail because of the Trophies to fight Cancer event.

Expected games to be done in a month:

Paradise Killer

Chrono Cross

Crash Bandicoot 4

Final Fantasy II

The Metronomicon 

Super Rude Bear Resurrection 

Reviews in a month. Until then.

You actually had Covid, mu gf was having similar problems for close to a month but thankfully she has started to get better and it seems you have too so all good I say. Game on dude.

15 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

You actually had Covid, mu gf was having similar problems for close to a month but thankfully she has started to get better and it seems you have too so all good I say. Game on dude.

I had Covid a few times. That’s really not it. I am a pretty healthy guy and I went to the doctor numerous times this year and have done multiple blood and heart tests and everything says I’m just fine.

A burn out just comes with a lot of physical complaints where you really can’t do anything about it except living healthy and hope it goes away. Complaints like, chest pains, breathing troubles, hyperventilating, muscle pains, trouble concentrating.. There are many more but this is what I’ve been experiencing the most. 

I just hope it’s over now. It’s a been a year. I’m so tired of it. It felt like having a heart attack a few times a week..

Edited by Baker

11 hours ago, HusKy said:

Without trying to sound like an "expert from internets", this sounds like an auto immune disease. Very hard to detect, even harder to pinpoint. 😬

Well thanks man but I really don’t think that’s it. The doctor also says it’s a burn out.

Actually my brother had a burn out too a few years ago and he’s also saying that I have the exact same symptoms he had. It took him 2 years to recover from it but after that all symptoms were just gone. So let’s hope it has taken me 1 year. 😀

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 6:47 AM, Baker said:

Well thanks man but I really don’t think that’s it. The doctor also says it’s a burn out.

Actually my brother had a burn out too a few years ago and he’s also saying that I have the exact same symptoms he had. It took him 2 years to recover from it but after that all symptoms were just gone. So let’s hope it has taken me 1 year. 😀

Not to sound like someone who thinks they know what their talking about and using a very basic from of internet sade but what exactly is your burn out? Like stress? I've heard high amounts of stress can trigger conditions like high blood pressure, fatigue and possibly other health complications or symptoms that are very much alike other more serious health issues.

I think I kinda understand because I did actually have what could be considered a stroke a couple of years back but it turned out to be me basically having high blood pressure that cause me to have a massive headache and nearly knocked me out and made me go numb for like 10secs.

I remember being hella stressed out for months so I'm sure they were both connected in so way.

Either way I hope your alright man, and sure it's not that serious because usually if its really bad a doctor(epically if you have multiple visits) will find something off with you.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

5 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Not to sound like someone who thinks they know what their talking about and using a very basic from of internet sade but what exactly is your burn out? Like stress? I've heard high amounts of stress can trigger conditions like high blood pressure, fatigue and possibly other health complications or symptoms that are very much alike other more serious health issues.

Well yes. This is exactly what happened. So prior to the burn out I had 2 years of anger, frustration and stress thanks to COVID lockdown restrictions. I basically was locked in my appartement for 2 years and that really took it’s toll on me.

So when I was finally free again I started playing sports and working out like crazy because I gained quite a few kilo’s in that time period. After I was fit again my body just shut down and I got these weird physical complaints constantly. Initially I thought it was my heart, but that was fine. And now I’ve had these complaints for about a year. So that whole period of stress triggered the burn out.

But it’s going better now. I will get over this. 

Thanks man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baker said:

Well yes. This is exactly what happened. So prior to the burn out I had 2 years of anger, frustration and stress thanks to COVID lockdown restrictions. I basically was locked in my appartement for 2 years and that really took it’s toll on me.

So when I was finally free again I started playing sports and working out like crazy because I gained quite a few kilo’s in that time period. After I was fit again my body just shut down and I got these weird physical complaints constantly. Initially I thought it was my heart, but that was fine. And now I’ve had these complaints for about a year. So that whole period of stress triggered the burn out.

But it’s going better now. I will get over this. 

Thanks man.

So basically what your saying is don't go back to DMC5, Crash 4 and Wolf 2. : P

28 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

So basically what your saying is don't go back to DMC5, Crash 4 and Wolf 2. : P

Nah. I want to finish CB4 before the end of this month for the Trophies to fight Cancer event. But I have a little gaming burn out at the moment. 😂

Will probably start gaming again next week.

• 1 month later...

It has been a while since a last update so let’s do some more short reviews and updates.

:platinum: #371

Lafa5ba.png

Paradise Killer

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 12 hours

This is a murder mystery game set in an open world. It reminded me a lot of Danganronpa. It was a very relaxing game. Love the graphics style, good music, good story. Just a good, fun, short game.

:platinum: #372

L9a03ba.png

Chrono Cross

Enjoyment: 6/10

Playtime: 20+ hours?

An all time classic JRPG. Unfortunately I thought this game hasn’t really aged well. The graphics are not good, battle system wasn’t good either. Everything about this game wasn’t really good, apart from one thing: The story. 

Luckily there were some in game boosters like double speed, invincible in battles and some more stuff. I really had to follow a guide because this game has a lot of missables and is quite confusing.

Wasn’t a bad game, but wasn’t good either.

:platinum: #373

L16c871.png

Final Fantasy II

Enjoyment: 9/10

Playtime: 15 hours

Three pixel remasters done, three left.

I really enjoyed this game. It’s the best FF of the pixel remasters I played so far. Just another FF game, so let’s continue.

:platinum: #374

La357cd.png

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Playtime: 25 hours?

I tried this game out on my second account quite a while ago. I played through the prologue and I quite enjoyed. Decided against playing it back then because it has a lot of collectibles I didn’t want to do.

But a few months later decided to play it anyway. And it was a good game. In the end the collectibles weren’t bad at all and I could play the entire game without a guide. It was actually quite fun trying to find all secrets myself.

:platinum: #375

L679893.png

Teslagrad 2

Enjoyment: 6/10

Playtime: 10 hours

I enjoyed the first game so when this was on sale I bought it. But this game isn’t nearly as good as the first one. I felt the controls were a bit clunky. The game is extremely short. The story will take you 2 hours. After that it’s just collectible searching.

One thing more to say. It has one DLC trophy for beating a new final boss. And that was one of the most frustrating things I played in a while. Not because of difficulty, but because of the controls. It was very annoying.

Update:

I’ve been planning this for a few weeks now but to give myself a good start at the UR Cleanup Event 2024 I’m slowly chipping away at some UR games with the goal to finish all games early January.

Let’s start with The Metronomicon. 

Man this game is tough as nails for me. I find it extremely difficult when playing on hard mode. It’s a rhythm turn based RPG and the notes go so fast I can’t keep up. This is a game that plays into all my weaknesses as a gamer. Speed, reaction time, concentration.

I really enjoy the game though, it has some very good music. 

Modern Warfare III.

I just need to grind to 50k zombie kills, which will take a lot of hours as there isn’t really a good grinding method. I’ve been playing this game a lot lately but more to play MP with my friends.

CB4: Did a few more Platinum relics. I think I need around 20 more. 

DMC5: Not continued yet.

That’s it. Until January.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

I just checked your checklist and games on your profile again and I read that you are a huge fan of Jrpgs.

A friend of mine showed me FF 16 and I love it. I'm still thinking about doing the Plat for FF10 but we will see. I only wanna (or try) plat Games I enjoy or only do the story and move on (or change my mind and do the plat later on)

When it comes to Ys
Do you recommend to start with Ys IX: Monstrum or Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana?

And what about Star Ocean? Is there a good start with a normal time of difficulty?

And you reminded me of putting Octopath Traveller II on my wishlist too lol

Thanks 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

4 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I just checked your checklist and games on your profile again and I read that you are a huge fan of Jrpgs.

A friend of mine showed me FF 16 and I love it. I'm still thinking about doing the Plat for FF10 but we will see. I only wanna (or try) plat Games I enjoy or only do the story and move on (or change my mind and do the plat later on)

When it comes to Ys
Do you recommend to start with Ys IX: Monstrum or Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana?

And what about Star Ocean? Is there a good start with a normal time of difficulty?

And you reminded me of putting Octopath Traveller II on my wishlist too lol

Thanks 

Hell yes I like JRPG’s.

For Ys I would recommend either Ys VIII or Ys IX. For me they were both amazing. Slight favorite will be Ys VIII I guess.

For Star Ocean the easiest entry is definitely The Divine Force. Or maybe Second Story R but I haven’t played that one myself yet. It’s high on my wishlist.

And if you’re into turn based combat Octopath Traveler II is amazing. GOTY for me.

• Like 1

And another one..

:platinum: #377

L0041a7.png

The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor

Difficulty: 8/10

Playtime: 50 hours

The Metronomicon is a turn based RPG rhythm game. You need to hit the notes in order to do attacks or abilities. There are also a lot of status effects that can inflict you making it quite hard. Spinning notes, dizzy notes, colourblind notes and many more. When you get hit by a few of them at the same time and playing on Hard difficulty I just had no clue what the hell was going on anymore.

The platinum journey consists of 4 parts apart from some miscellaneous trophies.

Part 1: Story Mode

Story mode is a mode where you play through 50 songs and a couple of challenges. Your party levels will raise here and you will get better gear. Additionally you will get some new party members. I played through this on easy difficulty first and that was just easy. Just enjoy the songs, play the story.

From the beginning I started to learn this game by playing the left en down notes with :left: and :down: buttons and the up and right notes with the :triangle: and :circle: buttons. 

Later on I played this mode on Hard difficulty too. But since I was max level with the best party it wasn’t really difficult because I was too overpowered and could make a lot of mistakes.

This is the only video I recorded and shows a bit how the game is played.

Part 2: Arena mode.

Now this is where the game picks up in difficulty. Even when playing on Easy I already struggled with this. It basically plays as a puzzle mode where you need to beat challenges while playing with a set party with set abilities. In order to beat the songs you need to use the right combination of attacks and abilities and since there are no guides for this it was a lot of trial and error. Even on Easy mode where I never missed a note. 

Hard was very difficult for me and it took me a long time before I got it done. 8/10

Part 3: Endless mode

This is a survival mode where you need to beat 30 songs in a row. Luckily you can play on Easy difficulty.

After every song you get hit with a penalty. It can be anything from dead party members, to status effects, gear being destroyed, etc.. Making it harder and harder along the way. After each song in first 10 songs you get one penalty, from 10-20 two penalties and from 20-30 three penalties making it quite hectic at the end. You also need some luck with RNG as the game decided to keep killing my healers and then it’s just unbeatable.

After every song though you also have earned some points to give yourself positive effects or undo negative effects. But not nearly enough to outweigh the negative effects. This took me a few attempts due to terrible RNG.

Part 4: No Pee Breaks

This is a mode where you need to beat all 50 songs in a row without pausing. It lasts around 2.5 hours. Yesterday evening I tested a party out to see if it was strong enough to beat it, as enemy levels are at +1 compared to your party level. So this is not a cake walk by any means. Luckily once again you can play on Easy difficulty here.

So after 4 songs testing this party out I already felt I had to go to the bathroom, but I wanted to go to song 10 which is a boss fight. Every 10 songs there is a boss fight and you have to beat it otherwise you will fail. I don’t know why but after song 10 I just decided to continue. Even if it was around 2am already and I needed to go to the bathroom. Two hours of pure will- and bladder power later it was done. Never again. 

I have to give a quick shoutout to Arcesius for giving me tips for the game. Although he left PSNP so I doubt he will read this. Thanks as always, much appreciated!

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

How close are you to your final goal?

That’s 100% completion. It’s very far away as long as I have Wolfenstein II left to do 😂

Edited by Baker

• 1 month later...

Here are some nice looking thumbnails of games I completed to gaze upon.

L526976.png

L9716d5.png

L9565bf.png

Lbb3211.png

L1757f1.png

Lb398a5.png

Please. There is no need to thank me for this beautiful sight. Bringing joy to the people of PSNP is what I do.

Jokes aside I’ve just been slacking in my checklist and after a while I just forget what I want to write about a game. 

Edit: Actually, I’m going to lock this. I might reopen it in the future, but currently I have no enjoyment anymore maintaining this.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dude just casually completes a whole slew of games that would take me weeks or a month each...

Don't over do it, alright? Plenty of us are glad you're at it again, but I think we're equally worried you'll burn out again soon.

- A longtime lurker

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Dude just casually completes a whole slew of games that would take me weeks or a month each...

Don't over do it, alright? Plenty of us are glad you're at it again, but I think we're equally worried you'll burn out again soon.

- A longtime lurker

Hey no worries. I get burned out by gaming at least a few times a year. I always get back to it. There are too many fun games still to be played.

12 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

- A longtime lurker

I think if he just sticks to chipping away at Crash 4 and stays away from Mein Leben he'll be alright 😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...