Baker’s Final March

Baker

:platinum: #335

L7e52d5.png

Yakuza 5 Remastered

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 125 hours

And with this I’ve finished the series. At least the main entries. 

This is one of the longer Yakuza games as 100% in game completion is required.

There is so much to say and write about Yakuza games but if you are reading this and still haven’t played one, do it, and do it now. Starting with Yakuza 0 ofcourse, which is still my favorite in the entire series.

Still no sprint button.. ?

Update:

I didn’t want to buy anymore games before Modern Warfare 2 comes out but I made a mistake in dates. I thought it would release on the 20th but it’s the 28th. So after all the button mashing in Yakuza I bought a nice turn based JRPG with an hommage to Final Fantasy: Edge of Eternity. Sounds good to me.

I might play something from the backlog too but every time my intentions are to finish something it never happens. ? So from now on no speculation on what I’m going to play anymore. One day it will be finished.

• Like 2

The man, the myth, the LEGEND Baker is back!! Good to see you bud ?

Congrats on finishing Y5 up. I guess that would make you the resident Yakuza expert! 

Do you have any opinion on the name change going forward? I kind of like the sound of "Like a Dragon" anyway. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

The man, the myth, the LEGEND Baker is back!! Good to see you bud ?

Congrats on finishing Y5 up. I guess that would make you the resident Yakuza expert! 

Do you have any opinion on the name change going forward? I kind of like the sound of "Like a Dragon" anyway. 

Well the name is more accurate as Ryu Ga Gotoku, the real name of the games, means Like A Dragon. When they did western releases they changed the name to Yakuza. I don’t know why exactly.

But I have to say I prefer Yakuza as a name. But also, in the end I don’t care, as long as these games keep being this awesome. Pretty hyped about the upcoming Yakuza games, but Lost Judgment is next..

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #340

La72e96.png

Zombie Vikings

Enjoyment: -

Playtime: 20 hours

I tried to convince a couple of people on many occasions to play this game with me. And now in hindsight I’m glad they said no because otherwise they would also have suffered through this game like I did.

What is Zombie Vikings? It’s a 4 player coop side scrolling beat ‘m up from the makers of Stick It To The Man (fun game). And I expected something like Dragon’s Crown (fun game). But this was just not good. 

So I really don’t want to say much about it. It has some good humor, but because the game was shit anyway I skipped through almost all cutscenes.

Initially we were in a team of 4 but in a month time we only managed to meet up once for 2 hours orso. ? So I played most of the game solo and did the remaining coop trophies with @Dzware and second accounts and controllers. Thanks again!

What’s next?

Continuing with MW2 and finally play some online MP. I also bought Star Ocean: The Divine Force in a good Black Friday deal and God of War Ragnarok for only €10. Don’t ask me how, it’s a long story. So these games are more than enough to keep me busy this year.

Although I’m thinking about going back to Hard Reset Redux and Crash Bandicoot 4, so that probably won’t happen.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baker said:

:platinum: #340

La72e96.png

Zombie Vikings

Enjoyment: -

Playtime: 20 hours

I tried to convince a couple of people on many occasions to play this game with me. And now in hindsight I’m glad they said no because otherwise they would also have suffered through this game like I did.

What is Zombie Vikings? It’s a 4 player coop side scrolling beat ‘m up from the makers of Stick It To The Man (fun game). And I expected something like Dragon’s Crown (fun game). But this was just not good. 

So I really don’t want to say much about it. It has some good humor, but because the game was shit anyway I skipped through almost all cutscenes.

Initially we were in a team of 4 but in a month time we only managed to meet up once for 2 hours orso. 1f602.png So I played most of the game solo and did the remaining coop trophies with @Dzware and second accounts and controllers. Thanks again!

What’s next?

Continuing with MW2 and finally play some online MP. I also bought Star Ocean: The Divine Force in a good Black Friday deal and God of War Ragnarok for only €10. Don’t ask me how, it’s a long story. So these games are more than enough to keep me busy this year.

Although I’m thinking about going back to Hard Reset Redux and Crash Bandicoot 4, so that probably won’t happen.

Well, I'm glad those "couple of people" did decide against it. :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

:platinum: #341

L09d67f.png

Star Ocean: The Divine Force

Enjoyment: 9/10

Playtime: 75 hours

Star Ocean back in form. Sort of.

It’s the typical Star Ocean story where you, as a explorer of stars, crash land in an underdeveloped world. Meeting your party members that remind you of the Middle Ages and in the end you save the universe. 

And I really enjoyed the game. It’s far better than SO5 and SO3 imo. Although the battle system isn’t as good as SO4. This was probably also the easiest and shortest SO game. The trend continues..

Now there are only two things that annoyed me during my time playing this. 

First is that you need to find every treasure chest in the game. That is not as bad as it sounds because you scan your surroundings in a pretty wide area. Only.. you can’t do it, or open the world map, or go into the menu, when your party members are talking. And they talk all the time! I know where to go, there is a big quest marker, please shut up saying where I need to go. Every time I went into a new area I had to idle for a few minutes because of this. Pretty bad game design.

Second is you need to make 90% of all available items, which comes down to 395 items. There was a nice Google doc for this but since I can’t mark what I’ve created I had to write it down all manually. 

Worst thing is after I created every single item, apart from three which I couldn’t do, I was still a bit short and I didn’t understand how that happened. Since I refused to go through the entire list all over again I just started creating items hoping for the best, which added another couple of hours of playtime. But it worked out in the end.

So two annoyances but overall still a great game!

And thanks to @BlueDragonZero for answering all my questions in the forums. Much appreciated!

Update:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Played through the campaign, which I thought to be very bad for MW standards. But I’m enjoying MP a lot.

I still need the coop trophies for spec ops though so I’m still looking for someone. I joined and created a couple of boosting sessions in the last two weeks but now I remember why I hate the boosting sessions on this site. It’s going absolutely nowhere.

Although I get many friend requests all of a sudden if I can help them with one trophy. No. 

I think I’ll just start it with randoms and see how far I can go. Hopefully I can still complete this game before the end of the year.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update: OlliOlli World

First of all, this game is awesome. I had to get used to the controls in the beginning because apparently I thought I was playing Tony Hawk but now that I am I’m really enjoying this game. 

But..

This game could possibly have a bugged trophy and ofcourse that had to happen to me. I noticed it when I was around 75% through the main game. I continued to finish up some random trophies and the DLC but now there is nothing left to do but delete my save game, which is 20+ hours, and start all over again. And then hoping it doesn’t happen again. ?

I also finished a couple of games but from now on I’ll do one big update every month. 

• Like 2

Update: Hard Reset Redux

Well after a year I finally started Heroic mode. And in mission 2 I had a nice deja vu moment from Shadow Warrior.

I don’t remember there even being fall damage. At least not from this height. I should be careful around stairs in the future I guess..

(Edit: Yup, died from a dash from the stairs from 5cm high ?)

Man, I really dislike these ‘permadeath’ difficulties.

My main issue with this game is you need to find secrets to be able to upgrade your guns, which is what I was trying to do there. And you need to upgrade your guns asap.

And I hate collectibles..

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

If I might give a suggestion, pick Zane in BL3.

I managed to get max tier difficulty with zero effort he’s super broken and op?

Alright. Thanks for the tip. I’ll play as him.

Care to help me with those few easy coop trophies? ?

Update:

And a sad one..

So my controller started to make a downwards motion without me touching it making SMBF impossible for me to play through. I can’t even do a single no death run, even through an easy light world, because of it. So I need a new one but unfortunately those things are too expensive for me.

And Borderlands 3: Ultimate Edition came in. Well, Ultimate.. The DLC codes are missing so I only have the base game. I contacted the store but it’s basically my word against theirs. Let’s see how they will handle this.

A stroke of bad luck.

Onto Stranger of Paradise for now I guess..

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2