Baker’s Final March

Baker

6 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

So basically you will stop playing Playstation games or just no video games ever again when you hit 4000? Or are you just gonna turn off trophy notifications? I'm curious.

Hey there.

Well it’s 400. I could not make it to 4000 games in a lifetime.

I want to quit trophy hunting. Doing stuff I don’t really want to do just for trophies has taken it’s toll after 13 years. I don’t want to do it anymore.

Now ofcourse I could do that right now but after putting so much time and effort into pursuing a 100% profile it wouldn’t make sense to me to quit now. So I set this goal of 400/400 completed games.

I will continue gaming on my second account.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Hey there.

Well it’s 400. I could not make it to 4000 games in a lifetime.

I want to quit trophy hunting. Doing stuff I don’t really want to do just for trophies has taken it’s toll after 13 years. I don’t want to do it anymore.

Now ofcourse I could do that right now but after putting so much time and effort into pursuing a 100% profile it wouldn’t make sense to me to quit now. So I set this goal of 400/400 completed games.

I will continue gaming on my second account.

Oh, so you are going to create a burner account(which isn't connected to the Internet) and turn off notifications while playing games, I assume. That's fine. I mean, there was life before the trophy and achievement system was created, so you do you. I might probably just retire from trophy hunting and do the same when I hit old age because I find trophy hunting to be a bit stressful and my blood pressure meds have their limits. Also, trophy hunting restricts the games I can play because some of them have insanely difficult trophies to collect. I really liked playing Kingdom Hearts II on PS2 but I hate it on PS4 because you have to fight all the superbosses to get trophies and I suck at those fights. There are a few games I could complete but not platinum due to how annoying the trophies are, so yeah. Have fun, complete your challenge, and then retire and keep your sanity. I understand fully. Good luck.

And no, I did not ask if you would do 4000 platinums, that was probably someone else. I don't think anyone but Hakoom did over 4000, and he used a TON of shovelware to fill in 90% of the roster. xD

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Oh, so you are going to create a burner account(which isn't connected to the Internet) and turn off notifications while playing games, I assume. That's fine. I mean, there was life before the trophy and achievement system was created, so you do you. I might probably just retire from trophy hunting and do the same when I hit old age because I find trophy hunting to be a bit stressful and my blood pressure meds have their limits. Also, trophy hunting restricts the games I can play because some of them have insanely difficult trophies to collect. I really liked playing Kingdom Hearts II on PS2 but I hate it on PS4 because you have to fight all the superbosses to get trophies and I suck at those fights. There are a few games I could complete but not platinum due to how annoying the trophies are, so yeah. Have fun, complete your challenge, and then retire and keep your sanity. I understand fully. Good luck.

And no, I did not ask if you would do 4000 platinums, that was probably someone else. I don't think anyone but Hakoom did over 4000, and he used a TON of shovelware to fill in 90% of the roster. xD

Not really. I’m going to continue on my second account, which is actually my original account which I abandoned very early on because I hated Batman Arkham Asylum: https://psnprofiles.com/BB-Bakker

Since then I use it to try and test out free games from Ps Now/Plus/Plus Extra to see if I like them.

I actually really enjoyed the super bosses in both Kingdom Hearts 2&3. I’m pretty bad at the game myself but even with just mashing the square button it was pretty easy to beat them.

Actually you did post 4000. I know it was a typo. It was just a little joke.

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #348

Le48522.png

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 32 hours

I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the battle system and basically the main game in general. Way better than the FF VII Remake imo.

But there are way too many missions in this game. I don’t know exactly how many but at least a few hundred. And these missions just have you running around the same maps, fighting the same enemies over and over and over again. And it was pretty boring as these missions are not necessary at all. You just get better gear and items from these missions.

I did all missions as soon as I could and therefore I was way too overpowered for the main game missions. There was no challenge at all.

I think the story is around 8 hours orso and so you need to play these missions for triple the amount of time of the actual good part of the game. Kind of a shame.

Still happy I played it but I should have waited for a deeper sale for this game.

Update:

Or actually. No update..

I booted up DMC 5 & CB 4 but I just can’t get into these games at the moment.

Instead I bought a battle pass, with some CoD points which I have a lot of, in MW II and I’ve only been playing MP for the last few weeks. And I will continue to do so for a while.

So only one game completed this month.

10 games left! Let’s pick up the pace! Next month. ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 4:19 PM, Baker said:

:platinum: #348

Le48522.png

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion

Playtime: 32 hours

I really enjoyed the story, the characters, the battle system and basically the main game in general. Way better than the FF VII Remake imo.

But there are way too many missions in this game. I don’t know exactly how many but at least a few hundred. And these missions just have you running around the same maps, fighting the same enemies over and over and over again. And it was pretty boring as these missions are not necessary at all. You just get better gear and items from these missions.

I did all missions as soon as I could and therefore I was way too overpowered for the main game missions. There was no challenge at all.

I think the story is around 8 hours orso and so you need to play these missions for triple the amount of time of the actual good part of the game. Kind of a shame.

Still happy I played it but I should have waited for a deeper sale for this game.

Update:

Or actually. No update..

I booted up DMC 5 & CB 4 but I just can’t get into these games at the moment.

Instead I bought a battle pass, with some CoD points which I have a lot of, in MW II and I’ve only been playing MP for the last few weeks. And I will continue to do so for a while.

So only one game completed this month.

10 games left! Let’s pick up the pace! Next month. 1f602.png

Dude you forever seem like your doomed to leave Wolf 2, Crash 4 and DMC5 incomplete. 

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Glad to hear the 2nd one has had great praise. I'm currently playing the first on Switch and got sucked right it. I really like the wave of old school style jrpgs coming out.

I would love to see that game coming to playstation too. Enjoy.

What other games are you talking about? The FF pixel remasters? I want to play more of these old school JRPG’s so if you have any recommendations..

• Like 1

Congrats on your latest victory bud! I did play a bit of the first OT on Switch. Glad to see this one made it to PS, now I feel like I need to check it out after that raving review!

1 hour ago, Baker said:

What other games are you talking about? The FF pixel remasters? I want to play more of these old school JRPG’s so if you have any recommendations..

I am super stoked for that lot!! Those 6 should be enough to keep you busy for the foreseeable future, no?! I am extra excited for VI, I spent hundreds of hours playing that one back in the day on SNES!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

I am super stoked for that lot!! Those 6 should be enough to keep you busy for the foreseeable future, no?! I am extra excited for VI, I spent hundreds of hours playing that one back in the day on SNES!

I’m excited for those too. As a big FF fan I’m kind of ashamed to say I never played 1-5. So I will definitely play them at one point. I’m just hoping they get a quick price drop as it’s going to be quite expensive to buy them all at release. I’ll probably pick up FF 6 at release though. I only played it one time and that was over 20 years ago.. ?

OT II is amazing. Might even be better than FF 6. You should play it. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baker said:

I would love to see that game coming to playstation too. Enjoy.

I picked up Live A Live on Switch as well, which I found out is actually coming to Playstation. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but heard nothing but good things about it.

Been looking at Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default 2, and of course the FF pixel remasters. For some reason they thought that when making these games, they would be more geared towards handhelds like the Switch, but honestly I think they would sell well on PS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baker said:

OT II is amazing. Might even be better than FF 6. You should play it. 1f600.png

Damn full price tho? I can't even remember the last time I spent $60 on a game ?

Okay okay, you are a shrewd businessman @Baker... But I think I'll be buying what you're selling!

Any missable trophies?? They are the bane of my existence after all ? (do you remember how much trouble I had with that stupid equipment trophy on Pier Solar??! That was almost the plat blocker for me, not Eternal Slip ?)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Damn full price tho? I can't even remember the last time I spent $60 on a game ?

Okay okay, you are a shrewd businessman @Baker... But I think I'll be buying what you're selling!

Any missable trophies?? They are the bane of my existence after all ? (do you remember how much trouble I had with that stupid equipment trophy on Pier Solar??! That was almost the plat blocker for me, not Eternal Slip ?)

You know. I almost never buy games at full price. I did with OT II. It was €50, but it was worth it.

There are no missables at all so you can just enjoy the game. There is no real difficulty if you keep your party levels up to par, although the optional super boss destroyed me at first and had to grind a lot of levels. And you will need a guide for the side quests. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

You didn’t say what you would rate the difficulty. And what level were you for the superboss?

I never give a difficulty when I think it’s below a 6/10. At a 6/10 difficulty I think the game is challenging enough that I need to put in some effort. If it’s a 2 or a 5 doesn’t really matter, it’s easy.

As for the super boss. I had Hikari & Temenos at lvl 99 and the rest at lvl 91. Although I think you don’t need to be that high. I think if you’re somewhere at lvl 80+ you’re good to go.

• Like 1

Update:

L0bf03e.png

Got this game back to 100%.

And just like the previous DLC these final two DLC’s were once again pretty bad. Just another difficulty mode with little to no story content, fighting the same enemies and the same bosses in the same locations again.

Once again there is extra mode which makes these trophies easy to do except for two trophies in the 2nd DLC. And luckily there was a boosting session on PSNP where someone offered help with those trophies.

As we did it just now I asked him how long it took for him to make a build to be able to be strong enough to tackle these and it took him around 15-20 hours. So that’s time well saved because I did not enjoy this game anymore at all. If you’re reading this. Thanks again!

Now, as I’m at 349 platinums I want to get back to SMBF and tackle the final no death run. Unfortunately I don’t have the PS4 controller I borrowed from a friend anymore. He needed it back. I tried with my PS5 controller again but it still has the downwards drift making it impossible.

I’ll probably take a break from trophy hunting again and just play some MW II.

Still happy with the progress. 10 unearned trophies left.

5IeVgwf.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Sigh.. I.. couldn’t take.. it anymore..

Maybe because I’m a little drunk at the moment.

So my planned milestone, 350th platinum, of SMBF has gone out the window. I don’t have a controller to do it with and it can take a while before I have one. 

So here we go:

:platinum: # 350 

L8ac16e.png

Like a Dragon: Ishin!

Enjoyment: 9/10

Playtime: 100 hours

Awesome game. 

Terrible grind needed for 100%.

:platinum: #351

L34039d.png

Final Fantasy VI

Playtime: 30 hours 

I played this game 20 years ago and now I realised I never even finished it back then.

Still a good game but pretty overhyped imo. It must be nostalgia. Octopath Traveler II is so much better than this.

What?

My plan was to quit at 400 games just because I can’t take trophy hunting anymore. I just don’t want to put myself through things I don’t want to do.

But..

There are so many games I still want to play where the trophy list wouldn’t even matter. Why wouldn’t I continue?

To be continued when I’m sober..

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Update:

Sigh.. I.. couldn’t take.. it anymore..

Maybe because I’m a little drunk at the moment.

So my planned milestone, 350th platinum, of SMBF has gone out the window. I don’t have a controller to do it with and it can take a while before I have one.

Don't worry so much about the milestone, the next one is just around the corner :P.

1 hour ago, Baker said:

What?

My plan was to quit at 400 games just because I can’t take trophy hunting anymore. I just don’t want to put myself through things I don’t want to do.

But..

There are so many games I still want to play where the trophy list wouldn’t even matter. Why wouldn’t I continue?

To be continued when I’m sober..

Not sure what to tell you, in the end only you can decide what's best for you. If you can't stop trophy hunting but also don't want to go through mindless crap anymore and therefor loose interest in gaming at all, then don't play at all for a while...

or

play the games and put them aside when you don't feel like grinding. As long as there is no multiplayer crap, you can come back to those games at any time.

But first get sober, easier to make a decision with a clear head. :D

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mori said:

Not sure what to tell you, in the end only you can decide what's best for you. If you can't stop trophy hunting but also don't want to go through mindless crap anymore and therefor loose interest in gaming at all, then don't play at all for a while...

A few hours of sleep always help so let me continue.

Basically I am tired of trophy hunting. And I have been for years. That’s why I set the goal of 400 games 2 years ago.

The thing is I love gaming. And in many occasions trophy lists just come naturally. So I decided a few months ago I’m going to continue. With a few buts..

I always played the game first, and didn’t look at the trophies. But that’s going to change. From now on the trophy lists are going to dictate if I will play it. If a game has any of the following I won’t play it anymore:

- Multiple playthroughs 

- A shitload of collectibles

- Anything that has to do with speedrunning

- Iron man runs

- Anything that really shouldn’t be in the genre of the game 

- Probably more that I can’t think of at the moment 

JRPG’s are excluded because they are too awesome.

I subscribed to Ps Plus Extra for the following games specifically:

The Quarry (Currently playing)

Horizon Forbidden West

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

But there are many more I’m interested in. 

I’m going to set the Final March to 500 games. That’s at least 2 more years where I’ll be annoying people on this website with crappy reviews and occasional drunk posts.

And to my friend @Mori (Apparently I can’t quote at the end of a post anymore on a phone) Let’s do a coop game again soon! FF XIV! Or something else. ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

I think drunk decisions are not necessarily the worst ones ?

You wouldn't have quit gaming in general anyways, as I had understood; with your updated plan I just hope you don't have to skip too many awesome games though ? 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Baker said:

I always played the game first, and didn’t look at the trophies. But that’s going to change. From now on the trophy lists are going to dictate if I will play it. If a game has any of the following I won’t play it anymore:

- Multiple playthroughs 

- A shitload of collectibles

- Anything that has to do with speedrunning

- Iron man runs

- Anything that really shouldn’t be in the genre of the game 

- Probably more that I can’t think of at the moment 

Isn't this the exact opposite of what you were originally planning? :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I think drunk decisions are not necessarily the worst ones ?

You wouldn't have quit gaming in general anyways, as I had understood; with your updated plan I just hope you don't have to skip too many awesome games though ? 

I already made the decision a few months ago when I realised there are too many JRPG’s and some other games I still wanted to play where the trophy list wouldn’t make the game any less fun.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Isn't this the exact opposite of what you were originally planning? :lol:

Yeah. It is the exact opposite of how I approached gaming until now and what I was planning: Playing for fun on my second account. 

A little example is Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. I played through the prologue on my second account when it was free on Ps Plus and I really enjoyed it. And then I saw the trophy list with an extreme amount of collectibles and decided to skip it. I also didn’t continue on my second account and just didn’t play the game at all.

Skipping a fun game because of trophies. It’s pretty stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Baker said:

Skipping a fun game because of trophies. It’s pretty stupid.

But this is what you are planning to do if I understood you correctly? I'm confused.

I always played the game first, and didn’t look at the trophies.

You played on alts regularly?

Don't take this personally, just trying to understand what you are saying. xD

• Like 1