Baker’s Final March

Baker

Ofcourse start with Astro’s playroom it’s really good!

- Returnal

- Ratchet & Clank

- Demon’s Souls

- Uncharted collection

- If you bother stacking Yakuza7/lost judgment

- Deathloop is fun but nothing special

- Horizon Forbidden west for gameplay but story is meh

Lots of other stacking stuff with great graphics but I think the above is the good stuff.

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

- Returnal

- Ratchet & Clank

- Demon’s Souls

- Uncharted collection

- If you bother stacking Yakuza7/lost judgment

- Deathloop is fun but nothing special

- Horizon Forbidden west for gameplay but story is meh

Lots of other stacking stuff with great graphics but I think the above is the good stuff.

I’m definitely going to play Ratchet & Clank, Lost Judgment, Deathloop and Horizon Forbidden West somewhere in the future.

I kind of meant if there are any good PS5 games in the PS Plus Extra Gaming Catalog.

Also, you played Returnal, is the DLC free? Can’t find it on the Ps Store.

1 hour ago, Baker said:

I’m going to play Returnal (DLC is free I assume?) and Guardians of the Galaxy for sure.

But I’m also downloading Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Observer: System Redux and Foreclosed. 

Any more good games in that Gaming Catalog?

Returnal's Ascension DLC was indeed free - so will be included with that version I assume.

I'm actually playing Guardians right now, and quite enjoying it - so good call there!

I'd very highly recommend The Artful Escape if you're looking for other PS5 stuff in the Extra catalogue - short, and simple to play, but an amazing experience.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Returnal's Ascension DLC was indeed free - so will be included with that version I assume.

I'm actually playing Guardians right now, and quite enjoying it - so good call there!

I'd very highly recommend The Artful Escape if you're looking for other PS5 stuff in the Extra catalogue - short, and simple to play, but an amazing experience.

Yeah I looked at The Artful Escape. It seems a bit too short and easy for my liking. ? But I’m going to download it. 

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I agree with this! Astro's Playroom is a lot of fun @Baker, it's a great little platformer that serves as a fantastic showcase of the PS5 controller's capabilities, alongside a ton of visual nods and references to other PlayStation IP's. Among all the PS4 to PS5 ports I've dived into, none of them really take advantage of the controller like Astro's Playroom does.
You've got sections like climbing walls where the triggers literally snap into place, with extra pressure needed to grasp onto ledges for instance, it's cool seeing the trope of climbing in games be taken to a more immersive level like that.
It's a great gateway into the new PlayStation console generation, and a nice change of pace from all the games you've been slaying lately! ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baker said:

:platinum: #325

L45f7da.png

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Enjoyment: 9/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 20 hours

Flark yeah!

Another amazing flarking review. How do I keep producing this flarking amazing stuff..

Next up: Spider-Man: Miles flarking Morales.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude... That is an absolute, TOP NOTCH REVIEW my friend!! Amazing how eloquently you described the trials and tribulations of the Guardians' Galaxy there... Mind=BLOWN! ?

All jokes aside, cheers mate and congrats!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Duuuuuuuuuuuude... That is an absolute, TOP NOTCH REVIEW my friend!! Amazing how eloquently you described the trials and tribulations of the Guardians' Galaxy there... Mind=BLOWN! 1f602.png

All jokes aside, cheers mate and congrats!

Yeah.. ?

The truth is I don’t like writing reviews for these generic games anymore. It’s more fun for me writing some stuff about games that are not well known or were very challenging.

I’m going to finish Yakuza 4 soon but it’s just another Yakuza game. What more is there to write about it.. It’s just more of the same..

Guardians of the Galaxy was a very fun game though. I did not expect to like it as much as I did.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Baker said:

The truth is I don’t like writing reviews for these generic games anymore. It’s more fun for me writing some stuff about games that are not well known or were very challenging.

I hear you there my dude. I take a very similar approach when it comes to writing guides anyway! But yeah, when it's Yakuza 100 and they're all basically the same game in a sense, I totally get where you're coming from.

Appreciate the tip tho on Guardians, the game did look interesting so I'll check it out at some point ?

• Like 2

1 day 5 hours :o? Is it that short and/or easy? Amazing review, even though I dont know what is going on there. Flark out of 10, would read again.

On a serious note, please play Demon Souls. I know you dont like these games, but it is PS5. Do it and then Elden Ring!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mori said:

1 day 5 hours :o? Is it that short and/or easy? Amazing review, even though I dont know what is going on there. Flark out of 10, would read again.

On a serious note, please play Demon Souls. I know you dont like these games, but it is PS5. Do it and then Elden Ring!

Well I played it non stop with a nice 8 hour sleep inbetween. So 20 hours is a high estimate. It’s a short (15-20 hour) game but I really enjoyed it. Hence the fast completion time. And it was easy because I played on easy difficulty. ?

Great game though. If you like the movies you will like the game.

Flark is this game’s synonym for fuck. And you hear it almost constantly throughout the entire game. ?

No Demon Souls, no Elden Ring but I’m downloading Ghost of Tsushima right now. See if I’ll like it. You know, it has some form of online coop. I think even 4 player coop.. ?

25 minutes ago, Baker said:

No Demon Souls, no Elden Ring but I’m downloading Ghost of Tsushima right now. See if I’ll like it. You know, it has some form of online coop. I think even 4 player coop.. 1f60f.png

:( 

I probably upgrade PS+ around next year, first need to get ESO done/close to 100% before I get myself into a whole lot of other games. :P If you wanna wait til then, if not, also okay. ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mori said:

Just a reminder. This game can bug out if you use different save slot and reload earlier chapters.  This game handles some collectibes different. You collect and pick up some collectibles in open areas like different planets and when you are on your ship you have to collect them again and a conversation starts and after that you have unlocked the collectible BUT if you reload an earlier or different save where you have collected the collectible it completely bugs out. You have it on your ship but the conversation never triggers so the collectible is unobtainable and there is no way to fix it except to start a COMPLETE new game from scratch.. Luckily you only have to collect 65% of all types of collectibles (and the trophy was broken for me and never unlocked in my 1st playtrough so I had to play a new game+ till chapter 6 to buy a collectible (on one planet there are some collectibles which you can buy and luckily it triggered the platinum trophy for me). So annoying that this bug was never patched but other than that it's a great game. 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

@ShadyWARcotix But these 65% collectibles are very easy to find if you do some exploration.

As the trophy guide suggested, which was totally wrong, flark PSNP guides, I played without a collectible guide.

But in chapter 10 I realised that was a mistake, and followed an outfit guide for the rest of the game. Luckily I got the 65% collectibles without having to go into NG+. But I did miss 3 well hidden outfits.

And that’s why you should play with a collectible guide from the start, as this game is more on rails story telling, and you can’t skip cutscenes it takes a while going through all the levels again. And NG+ is really not worth it if you can do everything easily in one playthrough.

13 minutes ago, Baker said:

@ShadyWARcotix But these 65% collectibles are very easy to find if you do some exploration.

As the trophy guide suggested, which was totally wrong, flark PSNP guides, I played without a collectible guide.

But in chapter 10 I realised that was a mistake, and followed an outfit guide for the rest of the game. Luckily I got the 65% collectibles without having to go into NG+. But I did miss 3 well hidden outfits.

And that’s why you should play with a collectible guide from the start, as this game is more on rails story telling, and you can’t skip cutscenes it takes a while going through all the levels again. And NG+ is really not worth it if you can do everything easily in one playthrough.

Yeah I know and yes I did. I played the whole game with a collectible guide from PowerPyx but I forgot to check the collectibles in Chapter 10 ( I thought chapter 10 didn't have collectibles but It was Chapter 11) so I reloaded my save from the beginning of chapter 10 and some collectibles like I said bugged out and normally it wouldn't be a problem because I had easily more than 65% collectibles in each category like 80% or something but it"s a well known glitch (which was never fixed) even when you collect all collectibles this trophy can still bug out.

There are 2 solutions. Starting a game from scratch or buying something from chapter 6 and hoping that the trophy pops (which popped in my case)

I read that some people collected EVERYTHING in the game and still never got the trophy.  Really weird.

I believe If I never reloaded an earlier save I would get the trophy on my first playtrough. Who cares.  Didn't destroyed my experience.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

:platinum: #326

L0d6cb4.png

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 20 hours

OqBTQ4P.gif

Next up: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

I came close to buying this a few times and I didn’t notice at first this is also on Ps Plus Extra. I’m excited to play this game. I expect this to take me about a week so after that I have around 2-3 weeks to play and finish Returnal. Then my Ps Plus expires and I’m not renewing until Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

And for something else:

Yesterday I completely wiped my PS4 as I’m going to try to sell it. I only carried over save games from current incomplete games to my PS5. So that’s a goodbye to (almost) all save games, screenshots, video’s, my US account (which kind of sucks because now I need to rebuy Wolfenstein II, but luckily it’s on sale at the moment) and other stuff.

I hope I haven’t forgotten anything to carry over, because there is no turning back. And please no surprise DLC drops for games from years ago. ?

Alright. Have a good weekend. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mori said:

Damn, you really going strong with your completions right now. :D

Well I have 30 days of Ps Plus Extra so I’m going to make the most of it. ? I might be able to squeeze in some more games.

After that it’s back to my original plan of cleaning up all my incomplete games apart from Wolf II.

23 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

You're going fast nice! Congrats on spiderman and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. is such an underrated gem imo. Really enjoyed that platinum.

Thanks!

Ik zie dat je Bloodstained binnen 2 dagen hebt uitgespeeld. Dus het spel is minder lang dat ik denk dat het is? Of heb je het onafgebroken gespeeld ofzo? :awesome:

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

Just now, Baker said:

Thanks!

Ik zie dat je het binnen 2 dagen hebt uitgespeeld. Dus het spel is minder lang dat ik denk dat het is? Of heb je het onafgebroken gespeeld ofzo? :awesome:

Full no life gegaan. Vrij easy spel als je bijvoorbeeld Castlevania veel gespeeld hebt :P  

• Like 1

:platinum: #328

L668342.png

The Artful Escape

Enjoyment: -

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 3 hours

I tried this out on my second account first to see if I would like it and the beginning had me intrigued so I decided to play it. In the end I thought this game was very mediocre. Not terrible by any means though. A sprint button would have made it more enjoyable for me, as the character moves so slow..

Now what I normally do when playing these short games is wait until my platinum time is above 6 hours and 2 minutes, my The Order: 1886 platinum time, which has been my fastest platinum for 7 years. I put in some effort back then for that time. But I like the platinum name for this game, All Done, as it fits the theme of quitting trophy hunting. So this is now my fastest platinum.

What’s next? I don’t know exactly.

I also tried out Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (keeps freezing in the loading screen), Returnal (roguelike, not for me, even though I love Housemarque games) and Observer: System Redux (a first person detective/horror game with Rutger Hauer, but also not for me) so I guess that’s the end of my Ps Plus Extra games and it’s back to my backlog.

Although I deleted and redownloaded Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night again to see if it stops the freezing. Would love to play it but the game needs to run normally.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2