Baker’s Final March

Baker

:platinum: #329

L0e2c86.png

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Enjoyment: 10/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 30 hours

Hell yes! What a great game this was. I don’t play a lot of Metroidvania games but of the ones I played (Guacamelee 1&2, Hollow Knight and Strider) this is the best one.

The story was mediocre and you see the plot twist coming from a mile away but the gameplay and exploration was amazing. It’s the typical where the hell do I need to go game. Slowly uncovering the map, picking up new items to be able to progress, which you mostly get by beating some amazing boss battles. In the beginning you move kind of slow and you’re pretty weak but in the end you’re a speedrunning, gravity shifting, almost flying powerhouse. That made the grind in the end for getting all items not bad at all, as I loved running OP through the castle.

I only needed to resolve to a guide once, because I needed to find an item that I just couldn’t find anywhere.

Really the only downside to the game was it sometimes got stuck in the loading screen after I died, so I had to do a complete restart. I also had 2 game crashes but that’s all the negatives I can think of.

30 hours in 2 days. I think that says enough. I’m seriously considering buying Castlevania: SotN now. Highly recommend!

On 27-7-2022 at 3:38 PM, Mori said:

Meanwhile Demon Souls and Bloodborne cry in the corner

Good! Let’s keep them there. ?

• Like 3

Update:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time 

So I’m not taking a break from gaming after all. I decided to go back to this game and clean it up a little. I basically only needed to do Toxic Tunnels for the Insanely Perfect Relic and even though I haven’t played this game in months that was surprisingly easy. So those are out of the way. I also needed to do a few Platinum Flashback Relics and so far these were the hardest things to do in the game for me. Not that they are actually hard though. You just need to learn the path and what to do. So far this game, with the 9/10, 10/10 difficulty threads ?, has been pretty easy. I expect the Time Trials to be a bit harder than the rest but that’s for future concern. I’m taking a break from this game again.

Instead I’m going to play The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. I’m going to play this completely without a guide and as the game is pretty long I expect this to take me a while. So I’ll leave the poll open until this game is done.

And don’t forget:

NzZKP5r.gif

24 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

3/10 at most!!

Nah imo it's the hardest of all crash platinums but it's very doable. Good luck on your platinum!

Thanks.

It is the hardest but I think more so, the most time consuming. Because the levels are just longer it takes more trial and error to learn what to do. But with a landing marker and just the double jump it’s already pretty hard to die. I think Stormy Ascent from CB1 is harder than any level in this game..

I can’t really give it a difficulty until I’m done but for now I wouldn’t even give it a 6/10.

Fun game. But my favorite is still Crash Bandicoot 2.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice to see you're back! I saw what went down and I was quite certain you wouldn't return which I was sad to see. This site had lost someone who had been around for a long while...
But looks like fate always has something up it's sleeve!
Awesome to see you cleaning up some games that have been there on your profile for a while now. DMC 5 and Wolfenstein 2 will be mighty challenges, but that's what you love about them. ?

You'll have no problems with Crash 4 here on out. Since you've got the Triple Spin, the platinum relics should be pretty lenient. Although I will warn you, Cortex's gameplay is generally--and pardon my French-- a pain in the absolute schnoz. I don't know what those devs were thinking when making him a playable character. They got an absolute home run with how fun Dingodile was, but then adding pinpoint accuracy for Cortex's pistol? Yeesh... ?
But in any case, the only few time trials that come to mind are Jetboard Jetty, Toxic Tunnels, Nitro Processing and Rock Blocked. Those few are the ones I remember. I'm sure there's others that garner an infamous status, but I made it artificially more difficult by not unlocking the Triple Spin until after the plat relics were done. But in any case, those 4 are generally regarded as the Big Boys.
Best of luck, and I look forward to what comes next!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

@Baker a question, since you like Guacamelee 1 and 2, have you played their Vita title called Severed? It's an RPG that has a bit of a Mayan/Aztec influence.

I haven’t. I never owned a Vita. 

On 15-9-2022 at 10:21 PM, Joe Dubz said:

The Legend is back!! Good to have you here Baker. 

You weren't a fan of Delicious Last Course?? I just love everything about Cuphead and thought it was pretty good for what I've gotten through so far. To each their own of course!

Good to be back.

It’s not that I ‘hate’ the game I just don’t like it because of crap RNG. Especially that King’s Gauntlet had me frustrated many times again because of it. ?

I did as you guessed for the 100%.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Baker said:

It’s not that I ‘hate’ the game I just don’t like it because of crap RNG. Especially that King’s Gauntlet had me frustrated many times again because of it. 1f602.png

Yeah I hear you there dude. I keep botching it on the 4th boss in that lot ? Which boss did you end up S-Ranking outta curiosity?

2 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Yeah I hear you there dude. I keep botching it on the 4th boss in that lot 1f605.png Which boss did you end up S-Ranking outta curiosity?

Don’t remember the name but the one in the snow. At the top left I think? There is an exploit for the 2nd phase which I made use of..

I want to forget this game ASAP.

• Like 1

:platinum: #334

L8a6c17.png

Hades

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: -

Playtime: 50 hours

Well. This was my first real Roguelike game and I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I didn’t follow the story at all even though I love Greek mythology, I skipped every dialogue. You play as Zagreus, son of Hades, and your goal is to escape the underworld to go find your mother. 

The battle system. I absolutely loved it. Very fast paced.

You go through 4 different regions where you fight 4 different bosses with the final boss being Hades himself. Along the way other Olympian Gods are helping you with boons, upgrades, and each has a different power up effect. There is also a a difference in rarities in these upgrades and ofcourse the better the rarity the better the upgrades. 

There are 6 weapons to chose from who all play very differently and these weapons can also be upgraded to doing different attacks and making them stronger.

In the beginning I didn’t get very far ofcourse. I died at the first boss. And then you can start over, this time being 0.1% stronger because you pick up Darkness which you can spend to make you stronger. But in the beginning it’s so little it won’t make a difference. After doing many, many runs I finally was strong enough to beat Hades. After you beat him the game just repeats, although you can play with restrictions to make it harder. Again running through the same 4 regions, fighting the same bosses, over and over and over again. I turned on God Mode, increased damage resistance, as soon as I beat Hades for the first time because I wanted to run through it faster.

I still really liked the combat because every run is very different in terms of what upgrades you get. If you get the right ones you have an OP build for that run and that was a lot of fun, but many times you get the shittiest boons and upgrades making you too weak to even put a dent in the boss fights so I usually just purposely died and started over.

My biggest issue with this game is with the prophecies, basically sidequests, as it is heavily dependent on annoying RNG.

When you die or complete a run you return to the House of Hades and there are a lot of characters you can talk to, but the lines you need to progress a quest are completely random and often characters aren’t even there. Only thing to do is do another run, hoping next time they will be there and say the correct lines. It’s not only in the House of Hades, but also in 3 of the 4 regions are characters you need to talk to. They are in randomly generated rooms, and more often you don’t even encounter these rooms. Once again, another run and hope for the best.

My final sidequest had me getting frustrated because I needed to talk to a character in region 3, but even if I found him, he never gave me the correct line. That took me at least 30 runs, which is about 12-15 minutes per run. Not to mention you have to find him again after that. Another 8 runs. Terrible RNG bullshit.

To sum up:

I really loved the combat system.

I loved the art style.

I really hated the RNG.

I disliked the Roguelike things.

Still this was a very fun game to play so I might take another look at Dead Cells.

• Like 2