Mastery Challenge DLC

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

And even without the stupid bugs... The archer missions would still be a pain because of the game 's original poor gameplay. I liked Raven missions but I actively exploited the AI in maps like Odin' s Mine by throwing bodies around and attracting them.... I doubt the DLC was intended to be played like this. 

The Raven missions could've been my second favorite challenge type (I only liked Bear challenges) but the buggy-ness and over demands really sucked the fun out. Wished they gave us a little buffer zone to get gold. I also had to exploit the game, like I said above with the enemy reset, because the arrow I shot would just magically curve and do headshots.

6 minutes ago, Argandalf said:

I agree with you on the bugs, there were many of them, for me specially on Wolf challenges at Templebrough and Odin Mine (they drove me nuts) where I had to replay the trials multiple times because an npc would be bugged and then I could not achieve gold.

What really pissed me off was the placement of enemies didn't make any sense. I get that you want fire archers and that you want us to time our shots (though they still feel out of place) But Ubisoft really put enemies on top of explosive barrels, in front of fire pits, or on a ledge making it impossible to get both headshots and weak point shots without a vast number of resets. The A.I., at the first sight of you, would run a full marathon away from you just making them a hassle to deal with.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Copanele said:

And even without the stupid bugs... The archer missions would still be a pain because of the game 's original poor gameplay. I liked Raven missions but I actively exploited the AI in maps like Odin' s Mine by throwing bodies around and attracting them.... I doubt the DLC was intended to be played like this. 

I feel you. For the sake of the video guide I did not use any exploit and man it was hard with all this mess.

Again, with some more polish, possibly 2-3 weeks of work, this would have been awesome.

Let's see how they fix it.

Edited by Argandalf
  • Like 2

You know the funniest thing is that when you complete the challenges (don't know if you need gold),  

Spoiler

Hildiran says "Now you have access to my armor" but doesn't give any armor. Played me like a goddamn fiddle when I searched her wears and my inventory.

But, I would like to thank Argandalf for their guides, helped me tremendously. And to anyone starting the challenges, patience is going to be a virtue but you can do it.

• Like 1

As much as I want to say I enjoyed reading through this topic and see that Ubisoft is bad at implementing an actual good challenge, I have to be honest here. This just goes to show how a difficulty spike within a trophy is enough to spark people on this website going “This game sucks, why did you make this hard”? 

This reminds me directly of the people complaining about the challenges in Days Gone. Seems to be a recurring trend among trophy hunters that any sort of challenge drives them away, instead of chipping away at the challenge until they finally overcome it. 

There are a lot of challenges that weren’t properly tested in games. I’ll have to wait and see if Ubisoft will add more of these, because there are two more story DLCs for this year that haven’t been released yet.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

As much as I want to say I enjoyed reading through this topic and see that Ubisoft is bad at implementing an actual good challenge, I have to be honest here. This just goes to show how a difficulty spike within a trophy is enough to spark people on this website going “This game sucks, why did you make this hard”? 

This reminds me directly of the people complaining about the challenges in Days Gone. Seems to be a recurring trend among trophy hunters that any sort of challenge drives them away, instead of chipping away at the challenge until they finally overcome it. 

There are a lot of challenges that weren’t properly tested in games. I’ll have to wait and see if Ubisoft will add more of these, because there are two more story DLCs for this year that haven’t been released yet.

Nah in this instance it doesn't even come close to that... I can vouch for the fact that these challenges are legit broken code-wise. I don't remember the last time I played something and hoped the damn game won't glitch on me. I admit it was rare, but people here were honest with their experiences xD if it was working as intended (archers not climbing, jumping down, climbing then killing themselves), dlc wouldn't be nearly as hard and it would have been actually a FUN experience. 

@Argandalfs videos are fantastic as a guide but if you want to see a TRUE glitch any% run and be bored out of your mind while I wait 10 minutes in a bush, MAYBE the fkin guard will turn my way to assassinate him (praise Odin he did, although I think it was a glitch bugging the previous glitch) , I can share my videos xD it won't be a fun sight to see. 

• Like 3

Ran into some issues with that one Odin raven gold challenge but I wouldn't say the dlc as a whole is a buggy mess. I personally wouldn't rate these challenges higher than a 4/10 they can all be done easily apart from the one I mentioned above due to an enemy or two not spawning at the last segment. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

As others said, it is not a complaint towards the difficulty, it is rather enjoyable for me. 

It was towards the many bugs that deny the possiblity of achieving a Gold medal even on a perfect run on your part, which can be very frustrating.

Bugs apart, only 3 of the challenges I can consider actually difficult, however glitches do create a bad experience.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I don't know where you're coming from and how you ended up with the conclusion people were complaining about raw challenge in this thread. The participates here have been really helpful and trying their damndest to complete these bug filled "challenges", with little groaning I might add. We aren't really complaining about the challenge these level brings but rather the hair pulling glitches and design choices associated with them. If these were to work as intended I don't think these would have been hard at all or would have been a drastic difficulty spike. (maybe 2 or 3 levels higher than the base game.)

However, I will agree with you that real challenge and complaints go hand in hand on this site. But I will disagree that this game and Day's Gone challenges share the same bed. It sounds like you haven't played the game yet? Trust me when I saw these bugs and design can be comparable to, let's say, launch Day's Gone.

I’ve played most Assassin’s Creed games except for Chronicles and Valhalla. I’m an experienced veteran, and Valhalla just looks to be more of the same that I’ve already seen in Odyssey and Origins. 

I’m sure in time, Ubisoft will patch these challenges to make them more accessible for the average player. To be frank they were never good about implementing a challenge that was actually good. In the older games the 100 percent sync requirements were clearly racked on. You obviously didn’t get 100 percent sync in Assassin’s Creed III, which I regard as having the worst story missions. 

I don’t jump headfirst into games like you guys do. I’ve definitely waited on my games because I realize more and more they’re practically unfinished at release. 

There was the drinking minigame in Watch Dogs 1 that everyone regarded as hard. Ubisoft nerfed it so it would be a lot easier. If they don’t make the challenges somewhat easier in the near future, I will be honestly quite surprised.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’ve played most Assassin’s Creed games except for Chronicles and Valhalla. I’m an experienced veteran, and Valhalla just looks to be more of the same that I’ve already seen in Odyssey and Origins. 

Well, all Assassin's Creed are going to have common mechanics, but I can tell you even being an open world like Origins and Odysey (I have platinumed the 3 of them), the formula feels different and takes a lot of elements from old AC games. 

So maybe you should give it a try!

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m sure in time, Ubisoft will patch these challenges to make them more accessible for the average player. To be frank they were never good about implementing a challenge that was actually good. In the older games the 100 percent sync requirements were clearly racked on. You obviously didn’t get 100 percent sync in Assassin’s Creed III, which I regard as having the worst story missions. 

I don’t jump headfirst into games like you guys do. I’ve definitely waited on my games because I realize more and more they’re practically unfinished at release. 

There was the drinking minigame in Watch Dogs 1 that everyone regarded as hard. Ubisoft nerfed it so it would be a lot easier. If they don’t make the challenges somewhat easier in the near future, I will be honestly quite surprised.

Ummm, I wasn't questioning your authenticity to the Assassin's Creed series so I don't know why you said that. I just said asked and assumed you didn't play Valhalla or the challenges. If you didn't I don't know why you keep saying the challenges are easy or hard.

If you don't want to play Valhalla because you think it looks like Odyssey that's fine. Play the games you want no one should tell you what you can and can't play or what you enjoy.

Sure Ubisoft may patch these in the future who knows, but these challenges do not play correctly right now and that is not ok. Resetting a challenge because you messed up or got it wrong, is not the same as an enemy disappearing or killing themselves from fire attached to a wall.

I don't really like jumping head first into games either but whether someone does or doesn't shouldn't have any bearing on anything. Unless the game is completely broken. 

The challenges in this game doesn't need to be easier or harder just fixed. As for ACIII, I didn't achieve the plat or 100% because I wasn't a trophy hunter back then. I didn't even know the concept, I think I was like 10 or something. I could go back but I don't really want to buy the game again or find it. Also I don't see what that has anything to do with here?

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

I can't even attempt to finish these until they fix whatever they broke with the custom controls options. After struggling with the first 2 stones with the default controls, because I couldn't even meditate at the stones with my own controls, I knew the later ones were going to be impossible. I mean really... :square: to dodge?

Every single time they've released something in Valhalla, it was released broken and it always led to something else being fucked up in some way. 

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I remember this one ? I did it pre-nerf. The trick was to switch from playing on 50inch TV to a 17inch monitor. I immediately did it first try after switching. Good days ?

47 minutes ago, Argandalf said:

Mastery Challenge DLC has now been published: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/12365-assassins-creed-valhalla-mastery-challenge-dlc-trophy-guide

I would appreciate any comments on the guide with input, feedback or anything that could make it better.

Sir, I have to say...

...you put more effort in that guide than Ubisoft did in the DLC.

5 stars from my side ?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Argandalf said:

hahahaha, good one!! Thanks man, appreciate it :)

for the bearer standar if you dont get all weaken spot,you can make two weaken spot leave from area until the first section and then come back to standard bearer and again the weaken spot spawnnso is more easy if you fail in enemies

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

I played them ALL so in terms of veteranism...yeah DLCs are still glitchy. That's the issue with them. Not difficulty.

You wouldn't have threads like these and people that actually wanting to help each other if we didn't jump headfirst and warn others xD 

So please...maybe this time leave the Valhalla DLCs to us?

I'm just saying it's nothing new. Ubisoft is just lazy when it comes to properly testing their games without leaving glitches behind.

For once I'm actually glad they put a challenge DLC in an Assassin's Creed game since virtually every DLC since Origins has been really easy to finish. There's a lot here in Valhalla that is appealing, maybe it will fill in the gap that God of War 2018 left behind for me since both games are focused on Norse mythology. Ubisoft already covered Egyptian and Greek mythology, it was fitting they would put focus on Scandinavian culture and folklore. 

On 2021-06-20 at 6:59 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t think it’s the challenge part that are a turn off for trophy hunters. It’s the buggy AI and absolutely stupid enemy placement. I have had several perfect runs ruined by things totally out of my hands. Like enemies getting into spots where I can’t hit or enemies suiciding leaving me one enemy short of gold rank. 

It was the same with Days Gone. Most challenges was awesome and a ton of fun. But a certain bike challenge was the one annoying trophy hunters. You could do the same jump exactly the same 100 times and land it perfectly but then all of a sudden on the 101st attempt for some unknown reason you would bail and crash even though your landing was picture perfect. 

If Ubisoft would have given us just one or two enemies extra per challenge, the challenges would still be challenging and fun and would remove most frustration. Right now you got to perfect each challenge while praying the AI doesn’t fuck you over.  

Hopefully they will patch it and improve the experience. Another thing is the absolute dogshit gear you can buy with the challenge points. The only motivation to do the challenges are the trophies since the gear is worse than anything you can find in the game. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Argandalf said:

Mastery Challenge DLC has now been published: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/12365-assassins-creed-valhalla-mastery-challenge-dlc-trophy-guide

I would appreciate any comments on the guide with input, feedback or anything that could make it better.

hi

Shrine #5: Templebrough Fort - Trial of the Wolf, I found it easiest to do explosions first as it is location based so as you wrote need to get mobs near it, then I did the headshots and last the poison, issue with poison is that is stays and at times hard to avoid addition kills if your unlucky, so easiest to do last

Shrine #4: Calleva Outpost - Trial of the Wolf, I found it much simple to just hit all the weak spots, ignore them once I did and move to next mob, once I had that out of the way, release the 2 animals, shoot some explosive barrels and use your explosive arrows.

Shrine #3: Odin Mine Hideout - Trial of the Wolf, to avoid a few of the mobs suicide issues, don't climb the wooden wall just inside the entrance until the 2 archer mobs killed, as they tend to get hit but other mobs.  After that part where you reach the ramp down, walk the rope to the middle part, then do 1 kill and jump of the platform, this will agro a lot of mobs BUT the suicide mob on the wooden scaffolding will not suicide.     As you enter the last room kill the mob near the entrance then go up the platform and handle the 3 archers before you focus on the 2 bosses, its safe to leave the area now if needed (it will reset bosses if you go almost to the beginning giving you a few more chances for weakspot hits)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Xilanaz said:

hi

Shrine #5: Templebrough Fort - Trial of the Wolf, I found it easiest to do explosions first as it is location based so as you wrote need to get mobs near it, then I did the headshots and last the poison, issue with poison is that is stays and at times hard to avoid addition kills if your unlucky, so easiest to do last

Shrine #4: Calleva Outpost - Trial of the Wolf, I found it much simple to just hit all the weak spots, ignore them once I did and move to next mob, once I had that out of the way, release the 2 animals, shoot some explosive barrels and use your explosive arrows.

Shrine #3: Odin Mine Hideout - Trial of the Wolf, to avoid a few of the mobs suicide issues, don't climb the wooden wall just inside the entrance until the 2 archer mobs killed, as they tend to get hit but other mobs.  After that part where you reach the ramp down, walk the rope to the middle part, then do 1 kill and jump of the platform, this will agro a lot of mobs BUT the suicide mob on the wooden scaffolding will not suicide.     As you enter the last room kill the mob near the entrance then go up the platform and handle the 3 archers before you focus on the 2 bosses, its safe to leave the area now if needed (it will reset bosses if you go almost to the beginning giving you a few more chances for weakspot hits)

Thanks Xilanaz, you are right. There are different ways to do it, so thanks for sharing yours!! :) I'll see if I gather a few other tips and how to include them

• Like 1

Was there any update from Ubisoft regarding adjustments for Mastery Challenges? I mean I get no problem with more difficult trophies, but combined with mediocre combat and dozen of glitches, it's more frustrating than difficult.

Edited by Matush_SVK