Is the outer worlds 2 only for xbox?

ITALUKE

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

That video card is now more than your total cost on it's own.

Decent PC gaming has gone back to being a pretty expensive endeavor for anything over console performance levels and comparing hardware pricing, consoles will probably come out a little cheaper. 

That is definitely a good point that I should have mentioned. Both Crypto-currency mining & the pandemic really has changed things.

PS - It's not just PC components. I'd be curious to know how many people paid way above MSRP for their PS5's.

Edited by EverythingOnFire

I loved The Outer Worlds. It's a shame we won't get to play it on the PS. I was really looking forward to the sequel and Avowed. With Microsoft owing ZeniMax, Bethesda, and Obsidian, they are going to be producing all the best FPRPGs.

12 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I genuinely believe ESO will be blocked as well. 

Bethesda has said that ongoing services, such as ESO, will continue to appear on other platforms. New games will be exclusive to the Xbox family, but seeing as ESO brings in a lot of money through MTs and expansions on other platforms, they're not gonna pull it unless they move to an ESO 2 (which I doubt they would) - similar to Minecraft.

Edited by turniplord

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

Bethesda has said that ongoing services, such as ESO, will continue to appear on other platforms. New games will be exclusive to the Xbox family, but seeing as ESO brings in a lot of money through MTs and expansions on other platforms, they're not gonna pull it unless they move to an ESO 2 (which I doubt they would) - similar to Minecraft.

Wow. I meant TES, not the Online one.

17 hours ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

You don't spend 7,5 billion squid to bolster the competition. Minecraft is the only Microsoft IP that comes to mind that has to be cross-platform due to the nature of the game. Everything else will be exclusive to Xbox and PC. It's naive to believe in a different outcome.

The contracts are only valid for Xbox and/or PC. You cannot just add another platform without negotation with the IP holders.

IIRC Minecraft is cross platform because Mojang had already released it for other platforms before the acquisition.

17 hours ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Microsoft has pretty clearly said that xbox games will be available anywhere that has gamepass. Of course Sony would have to cut some kind of deal but you fail to understand it wouldn't have to be much of a deal. I think Microsoft would just be happy to let people sub to gamepass on their playstation. Such a huge market.

There's not a chance Sony would want game pass the amount of money they would lose would be insane.  They will do just fine with their games, Bethesda hasn't made a good game in like 10 years (except doom) and Halo and Gears of war fell off hard.  Sony will have no issues competing.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Yah looks like it's xboxs time to shine. So many games coming out by xbox and little to nothing from Sony.

I can count on 0 hands how many exclusives the new Xbox has right now.  Sony is already ahead and they haven't even had their game showcase yet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

If anything, Xbox were cool about it. They acquired Obsidian before Outer Worlds was released and honoured the cross-platform release anyway. They also didn’t try and interfere with Ghostwire and Deathloop timed PS5 exclusives for 1 year (although that may have been partially contractual).

Saying they "honored" the release is a bit disingenuous. There were previously signed contracts with obvious repercussions if they were broken. When you buy a company you not only buy their properties, but their obligations as well.

19 hours ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Yah looks like it's xboxs time to shine. So many games coming out by xbox and little to nothing from Sony.

That's a ridiculous take, considering how many games have already been released on Sony consoles and how many remain to be released. There's barely been anything released on Xbox, most of their games are not even close to release date.

Edited by Iker_01
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

Saying they "honored" the release is a bit disingenuous. There were previously signed contracts with obvious repercussions if they were broken. When you buy a company you not only buy their properties, but their obligations as well.

That's a ridiculous take, considering how many games have already been released on Sony consoles and how many remain to be released. There's barely been anything released on Xbox, most of their games are not even close to release date.

Ah, coming from a place of ignorance I see. Carry on.

8 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Ah, coming from a place of ignorance I see. Carry on.

Instead of going for the ad hominem off-topic response, why don’t you either explain how their are ignorant by giving examples or just not respond with a troll response?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

There's not a chance Sony would want game pass the amount of money they would lose would be insane.  They will do just fine with their games, Bethesda hasn't made a good game in like 10 years (except doom) and Halo and Gears of war fell off hard.  Sony will have no issues competing.

Can agree the last few halo games weren't good at all, but gears 4 and 5 were great. Looking forward to the next one

On 15/06/2021 at 1:51 PM, SnowxSakura said:

That's a weird outlook, people go where the games they want to play are. I own both xbox and playstation systems and they both have their pros and cons. 

Hard-core playstation fans don't have xbox and probably never will because they stick to one console and only one its a battle of sides watch South park black Friday episode and that's playstation gamers all over 

1 hour ago, Delta-OscarMike said:

Hard-core playstation fans don't have xbox and probably never will because they stick to one console and only one its a battle of sides watch South park black Friday episode and that's playstation gamers all over 

No thanks, not really interested in south park