Using Cash app for more PS Store credit

Hey guys, I couldn't find a similar topic, so here I am. Basically I Just here to talk about CashApp https://cash.app/ 

I been using it for about 2-3 months. And let me tell you I have racked up a lot of extra free money for PS Store credit. So your wondering how does it work. And what the hell is CashApp!? Well CashApp is a mobile payment service, that's actually developed by Square, Inc. It allows users to transfer money to one another using a mobile phone app. You can use it to pay for whatever too. The service is available in the US and the UK! But I only use it get PS Store discount! 

So what do you need to do. Its really simple, you download the app. Order a "Cash Card" which is free, basically that is your CashApp debit card once you put money into the card/app to use. The card will come in a week, but you can use it right away once you sign up.

Once you are all set up, there's a section you'll see called "Add boost" I believe it refreshes every week, but most of the time its the same stuff, occasionally youll get some really good discounts like 2 weeks ago I got 25% Ps Store discount boost. But its mostly 10% discount boost for PS Store.

Currently 6/23/21 its 10% off Ps Store purchase boost. 

F4H8FGs.jpg

So how do I get more credit?

The Ps Store boost needs a

Min. purchase of $1.50

Max. discount of $7.50

First thing you do is make sure you scroll thru the boosts and add the ps store one.

The max funds you can add to your ps store account is 60$ each time,  Since this week is 10%, I went ahead and added 54$ to my CashApp then I went to my PS account and choose the option to add funds.

I pick add $60 and enter my CashApp account number/temporary card # (until you get your real card in 1 week, new number on there) Now CashApp will pay for those funds, and it'll only cost you $54!!! That because of the 10% discount.

So you got 6$ extra. It doesn't seem like a lot but next week you can do the same thing. And it might be the 25% discount. All that extra money adds up. Anyways just want to let others know about this. If got any questions I'll try to answer, Im still somewhat new to it!

Btw you don't have to do the add funds method if you don't like it. You can simply deposit money into CashApp and when you check out form the ps store, use the CashApp to pay. As long as you have the Ps discount boost added, you'll get the discount that way too. The "Off One Purchase" is not 1 item but 1 transaction; can have multiple items. 
I prefer just adding funds to my ps account since that maximizes the full discount I can get for later use.

GOK3iit.jpg

Edited by NERVergoproxy
Changed title

There is definitely a risk, that's why you only add enough money to make those PS store purchases, it is also best to set privacy to private. Any app imho that you could send and transfer money is a risk. Venmo, Zelle. Never leave your life savings on it. I seen people requesting for money all over tweeter and other medias thru cash app, in our current day society, giving any one some money virtually is dangerous. I have personally never had an issues these last 3months. Though I had never sent money to others, or received money. Cash App had only been used to buy Playstation Store currency and each time only adding enough money to make my purchases.

But Mesopithecus brought a good point, set everything to private and turn off requests. Heck you can even uninstall it after every use. But I dont need to do that as there is nothing linked to it and with a zero balance.

Things to protect yourself is go into privacy & security

1. set up a security lock, dont leave it open, so others can use your app if you lose your phone.

2. turn off cash.app allow others to find you

3.turn off incoming requests.

its all a option. Don't let yourself be vulnerable.

Edited by NERVergoproxy

Just use somewhere like Eneba, Shopto, CD Keys and many other places to get cheaper credit instead of using stuff like this. Plus if you use cashback sites you get money back each time. 

Also the 25% off is a bit misleading as the max it goes to is $30. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Just use somewhere like Eneba, Shopto, CD Keys and many other places to get cheaper credit instead of using stuff like this. Plus if you use cashback sites you get money back each time. 

Also the 25% off is a bit misleading as the max it goes to is $30. 

When was the last time you can buy ps credit for cheap? I definitely havent seen it around for years. I remember ages ago there were always the buy $10credit for 7$ going on but never heard of for ages

And cashback, do you have one you can share with us? That can get up to 10-25% off/cashback.

What part of 25% is misleading, I dont understand your max 30$. Maybe I didn't explain it well. But where did you get $30?

edit: ok I see what you mean by the $30. One could say it is misleading but I didn't think it was misleading when its displayed openingly what your max discount can be when you adding the boost. So to get the full $7.50 discount if one were to use the add funds method would have to choose $50 since PS only alllow adding funds in increments of $5, $10, $25, $50 and $60.

Edited by NERVergoproxy

I don't know anyone who uses Cash App in the UK. I cant even say theres a market for it here. 

All major banks have their own apps which you can manage your money, including sending money to other people. Then theres Paypal for online transactions which is FCA approved. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

When was the last time you can buy ps credit for cheap? I definitely havent seen it around for years. I remember ages ago there were always the buy $10credit for 7$ going on but never heard of for ages

And cashback, do you have one you can share with us? That can get up to 10-25% off/cashback.

What part of 25% is misleading, I dont understand your max 30$. Maybe I didn't explain it well. But where did you get $30?

Bought £35 for £30, that was 2 days ago, cheap PSN credit has been a thing for like 8yrs.  10/25% off is not cashback.... For cashback here is UK we have topcashback, Quidco and many others. 

If you look at the 25% discount picture you posted it says max discount $7.50. 25% of 30 is 7.50... therefore max spend the discount applies to is $30. 

23 minutes ago, Silocia said:

I don't know anyone who uses Cash App in the UK. I cant even say theres a market for it here. 

All major banks have their own apps which you can manage your money, including sending money to other people. Then theres Paypal for online transactions which is FCA approved. 

I know a lot of people who use the cash app in the US. There’s definitely a market for it here. 

All the major banks here have their own apps and none let you easily or freely send money to other people at other banks or often the same bank.

And there’s two types of people in the world. People who have been screwed over by PayPal, and people who haven’t been screwed over by PayPal… yet. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I know a lot of people who use the cash app in the US. There’s definitely a market for it here. 

All the major backs here have their own apps and none let you easily or freely send money to other people at other banks or often the same bank.

And there’s two types of people in the world. People who have been screwed over by PayPal, and people who haven’t been screwed over by PayPal… yet. 

I know people rely on it in the US but its not the same here in the UK at all. 

I send money to people all the time using my banking app, takes seconds.

Edited by Silocia

12 minutes ago, Silocia said:

I don't know about people relying on it in the US but there is a lot of alternatives here in the US, I do not know about UK, seems regions can be very different.

And this is just my alternative way to get extra discounts from Ps Store. And I wanted to show to others its a possible way to get an extra 10% or up to 25% off PS Store when they make their purchases. The app actually has many discounts ranging from eating out and shopping, but I really dont ever use them.

15 minutes ago, Silocia said:

We have a mixing pot of people on this site though. The UK is the size of about two of the 50 US states and the US has about 5 times the population of the UK. This thread has a large applicable audience. Just because a small portion of it may not find it valuable doesn't mean no one will.

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

We have a mixing pot of people on this site though. The UK is the size of about two of the 50 US states and the US has about 5 times the population of the UK. This thread has a large applicable audience. Just because a small portion of it may not find it valuable doesn't mean no one will.

They said it was available to the US and the UK and I was stating reasons why I don't think its that viable in the UK.

Is that not allowed simply because the higher demographic is the US? 

• Like 3

Just now, Silocia said:

They said it was available to the US and the UK and I was stating reasons why I don't think its that viable in the UK.

Is that not allowed simply because the higher demographic is the US? 

I see now how you were implying that but never stated it clearly. Viable just means capable and people in the UK are completely capable of using the Cash App for perks like this and also using their bank apps to transfer money to each other. It's not mutually exclusive. Just because it's not ideal for you and your personal experience doesn't lead to the whole UK not having any use for it.

• 6 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 5:48 AM, lafnian1990 said:

Not a bad suggestion, I'm currently looking for something similar. I'll try it, maybe it will work for me

Bad timing, there has been no PSN extra discount for the last 2 weeks, a refresh is coming up in a day, hopefully itll be back. I wanna add more money to wallet since theres something I want to buy on the current sale, and im out of extra bucks. haha.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:01 AM, zizimonster said:

How do I get free codes online? Would you like to share with us?

I'm late, but would also like to know about this. I know CDKeys sells 20% off codes for $5...but paying for a discount code seems to defeat the purpose to me. I might as well just put the $5 towards my purchase anyways, but if there's a place to get legit free codes (without using CashApp), then point me in the right direction!

• Like 2