The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

I've never been a big Rick fan, but in latest episode he was awesome. Too bad Michonne sucker punched his face.

I guess season finale is going to be bloody.

How can you not be a Rick fan!? :P He opened a man's throat with his teeth!!

I always root for him, that's why it was quite a shock to see him being knocked out  :S  

Season finale with 90 mins should solve all this issues and bring one huge cliffhanger...until....october.... :|

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX
  • Like 2

Just watched the new episode.  Wow!  If Deanna really wants to keep her place from becoming some survivalist bootcamp, she pretty much has no choice but to exile Rick.  And we all know that won't happen.

Two ways this plays out IMO.  Either Rick comes to his senses and realizes that there's a right way and a wrong way to get what he wants and mostly everyone lives in cautious harmony (especially Pete), or Rick and co. are in agreement that these people don't know what it takes to survive and gives them an ultimatum (either leave, live by their rules or die for being a liability... guess that means it isn't a democracy anymore *nod to season two*).  I'm leaning towards the latter, but under some circumstances I think the former is possible...

Either way, Rick's group won't be going anywhere... and I think the reveal of whatever that W sign means will be the season ending cliffhanger.  Have they done an episode longer than 60 minutes since the series opener?  How exciting!

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Pete's gonna bite the big one, Rick's group will assume control, after some hefty shit goes down. Reason why Michone knocked him out is because he was going on a rant and she didn't want him to dig the hole deeper. These people in Alexandria are naive, believing that their perfect wall can protect them from all dangers. All the while pretending life behind the wall is some kind of great existence and ignoring Pete the wife beater because they need his skill set. 

Their rude awakening has arrived in the form of Rick and his group. Just in time for the real world to bust down their doors.  

I started off as a fan of the show, after loving the show I decided to read the comics. now after being caught up with the comics for over a season and a bit, I'm starting to not like the show as much...I just wish it would stick to the comics a little bit more D:

Rick's cop work in Alexandria kinda reminds me of Bigby's detective work in the Fabletown. Can't wait to see the last episode and also Gabriel die (just "praying" it would happen)

I started off as a fan of the show, after loving the show I decided to read the comics. now after being caught up with the comics for over a season and a bit, I'm starting to not like the show as much...I just wish it would stick to the comics a little bit more D:

I think it's wiser to not stick to the comics because now it's a little bit different story so you can read the comics and watch the show without knowing exactly what happens in the other. 

... and ignoring Pete the wife beater because they need his skill set. 

This was my argument with my buddy who watches the show and I don't really get how nobody else sees this. A doctor in that world is like a friggen' UNICORN. You need that. If you want to live, you NEED that. If they didn't have Hershel in the prison half the group would have been wiped out, if not more. I hear everyone talking about how Rick is such a great survivor but I don't see anyone talking about how having a trained medical doctor actually trumps preventing wife beating, you know, in terms of survival - not to mention Rick even went so far to say he wouldn't do this for anyone else. It's not even about survival, or morals and ethics, it's about Rick wanting some poon. That guy has really lost the plot.

Peeps are out to lunch. Maybe it's because 1 in 20 characters on the show end up being doctors. Pretty sure that ratio doesn't reflect reality.

Edited by lporiginalg

To be far, imagine you've read all the comics, and the show did everything the comics did, you would eventually get bored with it. i mean why keep coming back for more when you already know whats gonna happen? i like how they diverge from the comics. it keeps me guessing.

This was my argument with my buddy who watches the show and I don't really get how nobody else sees this. A doctor in that world is like a friggen' UNICORN. You need that. If you want to live, you NEED that. If they didn't have Hershel in the prison half the group would have been wiped out, if not more. I hear everyone talking about how Rick is such a great survivor but I don't see anyone talking about how having a trained medical doctor actually trumps preventing wife beating, you know, in terms of survival - not to mention Rick even went so far to say he wouldn't do this for anyone else. It's not even about survival, or morals and ethics, it's about Rick wanting some poon. That guy has really lost the plot.

Peeps are out to lunch. Maybe it's because 1 in 20 characters on the show end up being doctors. Pretty sure that ratio doesn't reflect reality.

He's also a drunk. Would you want an alcoholic doing surgery on you in a world where if you get an infection and die you could possibly kill your friends and family? Also, Rick didn't go there with the intentions of killing him, or beating the piss out of the guy. He went there to separate him from the people he torments. Pete is responsible for the fight, Rick initially even went easy on him... which is why Pete got so many hits in early on. Eventually, Pete would have killed his wife, possibly even his children. Whether Rick was in it for himself, or for the betterment of Alexandria is a bit moot when Deanna could have stepped in long before Rick's group made it there, and the same outcome would probably have happened. Pete seems to be the kind of guy that needs control, he needs to feel some control over others... When he's not operating on people, he is getting that control by tormenting his family. 

That's just my take on the situation.... it is after all, a tv show... where the viewers take is subjective to each person... 

Is nice to see Rick still has the crazy eyes. These people wont know what to do when the bad stuff starts happening (and we all know it will). But you can't really blame them, they have been "safe" from the begining, they are like childs.

To be far, imagine you've read all the comics, and the show did everything the comics did, you would eventually get bored with it. i mean why keep coming back for more when you already know whats gonna happen? i like how they diverge from the comics. it keeps me guessing.

yea, true I guess. I've read the attack on titan manga and watched the anime, the anime follow the manga pretty spot on, still can't get enough of it >.<

Thoughts on the season finale? I thought it was great, though I'm surprised there wasn't a major character death. Though I guess that only makes sense since Bob, Beth, Tyresse, and Noah all died in episodes before. Looks like Reedus and Cudlitz were full of crap after all.

A little disappointed.  I mean...  I guess the town is pretty much on board going along with Rick and co at this point.  Not a ton of surprises, I didn't leave the episode with an itch of "WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!" like I was with the last few leading up to it.  Mostly because I feel fairly confident in where this is headed... and it doesn't feel like it's treading new territory.

The town will basically be a larger prison, giving the same vibe as the end of Season 3 when they took in the bus-full of Woodbury residents.  And the enemy is this "W" group... not unlike the enemy being Woodbury or Terminus (though they do seem particularly more savage than those two, which is saying something considering Terminus turned out to be a bunch of cannibals).  I hope they find a way to keep it interesting, and not the same old "we have to kill or be killed" or pseudo-political angle.

The second half of Season 5, all and all, was VERY good though.  Love the idea of watching everyone trying to integrate back into normal society... and Carol's fake smiles just piss me off. xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

I too thought Glenn was going to kill Nicholas, but by sparing him and actually helping him back to the town showed that he still holds onto his morals. Rick would have killed him right there and called it a night. It's like Glenn is the Rick from season 2 and Rick is the Shane from season 2.

• Like 1