The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to say wow @ the last episode! (S04E14)

Second half of this season has been pretty slow but last night was like a sucker punch out of nowhere. Must be the darkest episode yet.

What do you guys think about Carol? Is she losing her last shred of humanity, or just doing what is logical? I can see the logic behind all her actions but it's also impossible to do these kind of things and not give up a part of who you are. I wonder if they are setting the character up to go to even darker places, or do you think there's any chance she can find redemption ("we get to come back"). Or maybe you think she hasn't done anything wrong? I'm torn myself, which is a sign of terrific writing. Overall tho I have to say Carol has become the most interesting character on the show - which was quite unexpected.

Also wondering if we are gonna see Beth again. I'm a bit torn about this too, as in not sure if I want her to be alive or not. I think there was some interesting dynamics going on between her and Daryl. It will be interesting to see how that story develops, along with Maggie and Glen's arc I would say that it's one of the most unresolved this season. Rick's story more or less feels resolved. There was tension with Carl and then they made up. Carols arc this season was resolved in the most dramatic way possible last night. That leaves us with Daryl and Maggie/Glenn. What is the deal with that scientist dude? There's definitely something not quite right about that trio. Interested to see how it all plays out.

Edited by lporiginalg

Second half of this season has been pretty slow but last night was like a sucker punch out of nowhere. Must be the darkest episode yet.

What do you guys think about Carol? Is she losing her last shred of humanity, or just doing what is logical? I can see the logic behind all her actions but it's also impossible to do these kind of things and not give up a part of who you are. I wonder if they are setting the character up to go to even darker places, or do you think there's any chance she can find redemption ("we get to come back"). Or maybe you think she hasn't done anything wrong? I'm torn myself, which is a sign of terrific writing. Overall tho I have to say Carol has become the most interesting character on the show - which was quite unexpected.

Also wondering if we are gonna see Beth again. I'm a bit torn about this too, as in not sure if I want her to be alive or not. I think there was some interesting dynamics going on between her and Daryl. It will be interesting to see how that story develops, along with Maggie and Glen's arc I would say that it's one of the most unresolved this season. Rick's story more or less feels resolved. There was tension with Carl and then they made up. Carols arc this season was resolved in the most dramatic way possible last night. That leaves us with Daryl and Maggie/Glenn. What is the deal with that scientist dude? There's definitely something not quite right about that trio. Interested to see how it all plays out.

I agree! Emotional as fuck, too

That episode was just painful.  Everyone was talking about what a big deal it was (thankfully nothing was spoiled for me), and I started watching it and thought "this isn't so bad"... then BAM!  Everything went to hell.  Such a good episode.  I mean it was horrible... but fucking horribly good.  I don't think they'll be able to top that the rest of this season at least.

I've always hated Carol, she was always the most useless of the core group.  But I have to admit, they've gone to great lengths to give her character some depth, and I can appreciate that.

Edited by Dreakon13

I hate to say it, but ever since The Walking Dead's returned from its mid-season break it has been truly woeful. I am about one more lacklustre episode away from switching off it forever. 

Does this most recent episode count as one of the "lacklustre" ones?

Edited by Dreakon13

I hate to say it, but ever since The Walking Dead's returned from its mid-season break it has been truly woeful. I am about one more lacklustre episode away from switching off it forever. 

I agree, I even fast forward some parts because it's boring 

No, actually this one was very decent, I was pleased with how things went down

although I liked the psycho girl and was already expecting the little sister to die based on the preview

Yes, it does. A good final ten minutes doesn't completely negate the bland 35 minutes that preceded it. Melissa McBride's performance completely saved that episode from being a total disaster, as the child actors were fairly bad, in fairness. This is all just my own opinion, of course; there have been decent moments this season, but far too much filler, illogical or non-existent character development and oftentimes just plain incoherent, shit writing. 

A lot of this season has been very SLOW, much like last season honestly...

I love the show still though, I really hope they get rid of Daryl though.. i think he's the cause of this show going downhill...

PS. I read spoilers for next week (they leaked today) and it doesn't seem any better.. but heard there's a surprise cliffhanger finale :P

Yes, it does. A good final ten minutes doesn't completely negate the bland 35 minutes that preceded it. Melissa McBride's performance completely saved that episode from being a total disaster, as the child actors were fairly bad, in fairness. This is all just my own opinion, of course

Fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions.  I'm usually relatively keen when it comes to things that just don't sound or feel right, and maybe I just have a bias because I adore this series, but I just don't see it really.  I thought they did a great job, especially Melissa McBride, this episode in particular.  Seeing as how the children were asked to play the role of children, it seemed pretty apt to me.

It's rare I actually walk away from an episode of anything, including The Walking Dead, feeling outright sad.  If that was their goal (and I really don't know what else their goal would be outside of ratings), I'd call it a win.

Edited by Dreakon13

I'm sad because I don't think we will see the hunters this season. And I hoped this was it.

Anyway, I liked the episode, psycho girl was my favorite new character of the season. But I think it's time they get to Terminus and hell brakes loose.

I have no problem with the slower pace of the last few episodes. There has just been a huge climax episode (mid season break) and now there needs to be a little calm and character building before the next storm. 

I'm interested to see what happens with captain creepy mullet (scientist guy) you just know he's got something going on.

By the way I haven't read the graphic novels so I don't know any possible future plots.

I have no problem with the slower pace of the last few episodes. There has just been a huge climax episode (mid season break) and now there needs to be a little calm and character building before the next storm. 

I'm interested to see what happens with captain creepy mullet (scientist guy) you just know he's got something going on.

By the way I haven't read the graphic novels so I don't know any possible future plots.

Well, the main arcs stay the same, but some events change since characters alive in one universe are dead in the other and that kind of stuff. There is also the bunch of other little arcs that the TV people add to extend the life of the season.

So, if you ever decide to read it, don't expect to know what it's going to happen every time. 

• 6 months later...

They've already brought in 3 actors from The Wire into The Walking Dead:

Chad Coleman - Tyreese - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

Larry Gilliard Jr - Bob Stookey - D'Angelo Barksdale 

and into Season 5 Seth GIlliam - Gabriel Stokes - Ellis Carver.

All they need to do is add in Michael K. Williams (Omar Little) into the show and I will cry of excitement! 

The-Wires-Omar-Little-pla-001.jpg