Grid Legends (Coming 2022)

based_gigachad

Another entry in the GRID series was revealed the other day, not seen a topic on here yet about it.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-BJfhnlWY

As per YouTube description and from the top of their webpage (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/grid/grid-legends) about the new game... 'GRID Legends is a high-stakes driving experience that combines thrilling motorsport action, incredible race variety and an immersive story that puts the player at the heart of the action.'

I get the impression the story might be somewhat similar to the Braking Point mode they have in the new F1 game which I'm yet to check out, I personally got some Drive to Survive vibes from the trailer where it appears that the world series championship will be covered by some drama/documentary series running concurrently but it does seem interesting, remains to be seen how big this is in scope and if it's any good but it's definitely showing more ambition and personality than the 2019 Grid Game.

The website also claims that we'll see the largest ever vehicle roster in a Grid game and over 130 'routes' which will no doubt include quite a few variations of the same tracks/circuits but with different layouts.

Nevertheless, I'm always excited about a new racing game in this day and age and will absolutely be picking this up - interested to see how any of you others feel about this!

the latest GRID put me off for two reasons:

1. Primarily for the fun factor: Most unbiased reviews and gameplays repeatedly mentioned the same things - map, track, car variety is extremely meh and the entire thing becomes very repetitive very quickly.

2. For the trophy hunter factor: That ridiculous around the world or something trophy. Regardless, a trophy that a 100% game completion only counts for a 1/6 of the total requirement and that spawns a 300 post thread with rubber banding, daily rationing of 200 lap loops at a few hours a day, and all that stuff that is just not right - or fun.

For me the peak of modern arcady-sim-ish racers was Driveclub, with NFS doing the regular roller-coaster of being ok (Rivals) to utter garbage (Payback)

I'll keep an eye out for it but I doubt it will do much beyond more 'ok' gameplay and cheesy NFS-like marketing executive-board imagined 'relatable' live actions scenes with an all-encompassing cast of diverse genders and races ?

• Like 1

Literally just bought the Ultimate Edition of the current Grid (4th game?), before that I haven't played since we got Grid 2 on PS+ years ago...didn't care for that much, but reviews for the current looks pretty decent. If I like this current game, I'll look into Legends. 

21 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I've been a fan of this series since Racedriver: GRID. Not totally convinced with the new angle they are taking by focusing on the cheesy live action cut scenes. Although, this series started getting bland with GRID Autosport so maybe this shake up will do the series some good.

Yeah, I've been a fan since Racedriver: GRID also. Agreed that Autosport and Grid 2019 were a bit underwhelming but even if I'm not entirely convinced by this new angle, I'm glad that they're trying something different. Even if this story is pretty bad, the game will still have more personality than the last entry in the series!

20 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

the latest GRID put me off for two reasons:

1. Primarily for the fun factor: Most unbiased reviews and gameplays repeatedly mentioned the same things - map, track, car variety is extremely meh and the entire thing becomes very repetitive very quickly.

2. For the trophy hunter factor: That ridiculous around the world or something trophy. Regardless, a trophy that a 100% game completion only counts for a 1/6 of the total requirement and that spawns a 300 post thread with rubber banding, daily rationing of 200 lap loops at a few hours a day, and all that stuff that is just not right - or fun.

For me the peak of modern arcady-sim-ish racers was Driveclub, with NFS doing the regular roller-coaster of being ok (Rivals) to utter garbage (Payback)

I'll keep an eye out for it but I doubt it will do much beyond more 'ok' gameplay and cheesy NFS-like marketing executive-board imagined 'relatable' live actions scenes with an all-encompassing cast of diverse genders and races 1f644.png

When I played Grid 2019 I totally agreed - it was very repetitive and didn't do much to keep you engaged. And from a trophy hunt perspective, the mileage trophy is the only I haven't got - I may still go back to it and grind it out though!

At least with this sequel we've been promised additional track and vehicle variety, and the live-action stuff should make it so the entire game isn't races and menus like the latest game.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, SpacebarPlays said:

Necro-ing this but its coming out next month.

Ive been working on the game, so if anyone has any questions about it (That i can reasonably answer etc) then i can answer them for you all.

Simple one....is it worth buying?

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Simple one....is it worth buying?

Depends on your enjoyment for Racing Games tbh.

Its not as good as Forza Horizon 5, thats for sure.

Its a lot more simplistic, borders the line between an Arcade racer and Simulation racer.

The main Story mode is IMO pretty enjoyable, live action cinematics interspersed with decent races, takes around 20 hours to complete that.

Theres a 'Career' option which is basically just set races that get harder as you complete them.

Ive played some racing games recently and i'd definitely consider this a decent one but it can get a bit repetitive.

Its definitely as good and probably better than the GRID released in 2019.

Trophy-Wise, unless they change something, its gonna take around 80-100 hours to platinum but its pretty easy in general, just need to complete the story and career and do some specific race setups for others.

Would i spend £50/$65 on the game? Probably not, theres not enough diversity for me to do that but i'd definitely buy and get a decent amount of hours in it if it was around the £25-£30 mark.

Edited by SpacebarPlays
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, SpacebarPlays said:

Depends on your enjoyment for Racing Games tbh.

Its not as good as Forza Horizon 5, thats for sure.

Its a lot more simplistic, borders the line between an Arcade racer and Simulation racer.

The main Story mode is IMO pretty enjoyable, live action cinematics interspersed with decent races, takes around 20 hours to complete that.

Theres a 'Career' option which is basically just set races that get harder as you complete them.

Ive played some racing games recently and i'd definitely consider this a decent one but it can get a bit repetitive.

Its definitely as good and probably better than the GRID released in 2019.

Trophy-Wise, unless they change something, its gonna take around 80-100 hours to platinum but its pretty easy in general, just need to complete the story and career and do some specific race setups for others.

Would i spend £50/$65 on the game? Probably not, theres not enough diversity for me to do that but i'd definitely buy and get a decent amount of hours in it if it was around the £25-£30 mark.

Why does it take so long? They already confirmed, that there won't be another trophy where you have to grind 42.000 km.

Just now, westersburg said:

Why does it take so long? They already confirmed, that there won't be another trophy where you have to grind 42.000 km.

Trophy for completing the complete Story = 10-15 Hours min.

Theres a trophy for completing all the Career mode = 20-30 Hours min.

Youve also got to own 100 Vehicles and complete a race in each of them, you get a set amount of Vehicles from finishing Career events but youre still going to need to buy at least half of them and use them in races.

If youre boosting/being as efficient as possible you can probably do it all in 60 hours, maybe 50 hours but for most people, it will be towards the 80-100 scale.

Like yeah, if you skip all the story cutscenes etc etc.

• Like 2

On 13/01/2022 at 9:36 AM, SpacebarPlays said:

Trophy for completing the complete Story = 10-15 Hours min.

Theres a trophy for completing all the Career mode = 20-30 Hours min.

Youve also got to own 100 Vehicles and complete a race in each of them, you get a set amount of Vehicles from finishing Career events but youre still going to need to buy at least half of them and use them in races.

If youre boosting/being as efficient as possible you can probably do it all in 60 hours, maybe 50 hours but for most people, it will be towards the 80-100 scale.

Like yeah, if you skip all the story cutscenes etc etc.

Is there a mileage trophy like in Grid 2019 as that trophy was a ridiculous requirement lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/01/2022 at 9:12 PM, based_gigachad said:

Is there a mileage trophy like in Grid 2019 as that trophy was a ridiculous requirement lol

Sorry been busy so havent been on forums.

No Mileage trophy whatsoever.

Like i said above, hardest (Not hard just long) will be completing a race with 'every' single car in the game.

You can set up custom 1 lap races on a track that takes 25-30 seconds but to get the credits required to buy every car is going to take a long ole time.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NetoStyle said:

Grid Legends trophy list went online like a week ago. It just hasn't been synced on this site, not yet though.

I'll leave the link down below so people can see the trophy list. The best thing is that there's no mileage trophy. 1f600.png

https://www.exophase.com/game/grid-legends-psn/trophies/

I had no idea that this had gone live, thanks.

Seems to be a nice list!

• Like 1