Double Plat = Cheating?

cronocyde

I don't blame people who do it..

BUT it is the exact same thing as:

1. Earning a platinum on your account X

2. Doing some sort of transfer of plat save to your new account Y

3. You earned it legit on 1st time, not 2nd time.....

It is not exactly the same because you are using one account when taking advantage of the cross-save exploit.  

How does a "transfer of plat save" work?  Sounds like a hack would be involved to me... whole different ball game.

I'm glad it's not cheatig to use the cross save.

I have the Jak & Daxter trilogy on PS3 and is cross-save, also is Guacamelee!, PS All-Stars and others that I don't remember. How does it work? How do you do that? Do I have to do everything again?

Guacamelee has one trophy list across both platforms, so there is only ever one platinum to chase after.  It remains to be seen whether the PS4 re-release coming up will use the existing trophy list or have a separate one.

PS All Stars, as far as I can tell, doesn't use cross-save (it features cross-play instead), so it won't work there.

A good example of it working is Sound Shapes.  Do the plat once on one platform, then sync your progress with the cloud in the options menu.  Then boot the game on a different platform, go to options, sync with the cloud to update the progress on the local platform, and all the trophies will pop.  You need to stay in the game until all the trophies have updated, you can't exit once the first one pops up.

Whether the method will be exactly the same on other games depends on how they have implemented the cross-save feature.  I would check the options menu of each.

Don't worry about what other people might think. Play what you want to play, plat what you want to plat!

Hi guys,

I buy this game recently and I plan to platinum it on Vita first.

My question is: if I use the cross-game feature and earned the platinum on the PS3 (which would be my second platinum for the same game), would it be considered cheating and will get me in trouble here on PSNProfiles.com?

Thanks!

• Like 2

It is not exactly the same because you are using one account when taking advantage of the cross-save exploit.  

How does a "transfer of plat save" work?  Sounds like a hack would be involved to me... whole different ball game.

Imagine you had a plat save of LBP 2, that you did it legit first time

Then use that save on other account and all the trophies would pop

Would that work?  Surely you can't load a save file from Profile A using Profile B...?

Also, why bother?  Why not just get the plat once on the profile you care about?

Would that work?  Surely you can't load a save file from Profile A using Profile B...?

Also, why bother?  Why not just get the plat once on the profile you care about?

No it doesn't work, and why? Because it's a cheap way to earn trophies in which Sony doesn't profit at all

But when Sony profits by selling this games with cross saves, it's totally legit, but Sony doesn't care if it's legit or not, they just want money

• Like 1

No it doesn't work, and why? Because it's a cheap way to earn trophies in which Sony doesn't profit at all

But when Sony profits by selling this games with cross saves, it's totally legit, but Sony doesn't care if it's legit or not, they just want money

I understand the point you are making and this is the same debate people say with glitches as well.

The difference with your LPB reference is you would need to hack to make that possible whereas with a cross-save you are taking advantage of a feature in the game that is available to anyone.

• Like 3

I don't blame people who do it..

BUT it is the exact same thing as:

1. Earning a platinum on your account X

2. Doing some sort of transfer of plat save to your new account Y

3. You earned it legit on 1st time, not 2nd time.....

I'm sorry, but you've confused the hell outta me.  If the example of sharing a save between two profiles wouldn't even work in the first place (assuming no hacking), why is it relevant to a discussion of whether using the cross-save on games with multiple trophy lists is cheating?  

Your example just isn't relevant because, for it to work, you'd have to hack, which is definitely cheating.  The grey area of exploiting cross-save is different.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but you've confused the hell outta me.  If the example of sharing a save between two profiles wouldn't even work in the first place (assuming no hacking), why is it relevant to a discussion of whether using the cross-save on games with multiple trophy lists is cheating?  

Your example just isn't relevant because, for it to work, you'd have to hack, which is definitely cheating.  The grey area of exploiting cross-save is different.

Forget the LBP case, some games that appeared in the beginning of TROPHIES didn't have restrictions per user, for example: inFamous 1, Bioshock 1, WET, Fifa 09, GTA 4, Resistance 2 and many more just search!

The saves for those games can be copied from any account to another and it doesn't block trophies from popping, so there is no need to hack this saves, just copy paste

Sony quickly fixed this by blocking trophies if you use someone else's save, because you would be earning trophies with a save with just 1 collectible left, for instance

They suddenly realized people loved trophies so they made this cross saves with the Vita and Ps4 for people to buy more consoles just to earn a few more trophies, since they are profiting from this, it's not cheating (for them)

I understand the point you are making and this is the same debate people say with glitches as well.

The difference with your LPB reference is you would need to hack to make that possible whereas with a cross-save you are taking advantage of a feature in the game that is available to anyone.

Read my answer above please

-----

All in all i don't really care if anyone does that since they paid lots of money with Vitas and PS4 so you should do what you want!

Forget the LBP case, some games that appeared in the beginning of TROPHIES didn't have restrictions per user, for example: inFamous 1, Bioshock 1, WET, Fifa 09, GTA 4, Resistance 2 and many more just search!

The saves for those games can be copied from any account to another and it doesn't block trophies from popping, so there is no need to hack this saves, just copy paste

Sony quickly fixed this by blocking trophies if you use someone else's save, because you would be earning trophies with a save with just 1 collectible left, for instance

They suddenly realized people loved trophies so they made this cross saves with the Vita and Ps4 for people to buy more consoles just to earn a few more trophies, since they are profiting from this, it's not cheating (for them)

Ok, I didn't realise that it was a past exploit, which is now fixed.  I've only been on PS since November 2013.

However, using that exploit is still more "cheaty" than using cross-save, because you could have someone else do all the work and simply copy their save from USB.  I'm guessing there was a grey-market of people selling save files to trophy hunters...?  At least cross-save is tied to one account, so the account holder did it legit at least once.

My 2 cents: There is a level playing field.  Everyone can take advantage of this cross-save exploit.  If you don't have all the platforms, then you are limited to the pool of trophies on the platforms you do have anyway, and are competing with a different sub-set of trophy hunters anyway.  

I don't think this should be considered cheating, but it is definitely a "cheap" way to get a plat or a 100%.

At the very least the person had to play and plat the game once for the trophies to auto-pop. So it's not that bad in my opinion.

But i think nothing is worse than the Sound Shapes disease, how many lists does that game have right now? It's amusing. A person could get 5 plats in just a few seconds.

The double Plat is one of those things that goes into the "to each their own" category. It is totally legit, but you will find people who love it and hate it and get a lengthy debate of the many points of views involved. It is not cheating so if you want it take it, if you don't want it leave it. Just have fun playing the game because that's all that really matters. B)

• Like 1

Read my answer above please

-----

All in all i don't really care if anyone does that since they paid lots of money with Vitas and PS4 so you should do what you want!

Read my previous answer :)

Okay so you don't have to hack those games but you are still using something that is not yours and making it yours.  You might not agree with Sony is doing, but it is again something available to everyone.

Okay so you don't have to hack those games but you are still using something that is not yours and making it yours.  You might not agree with Sony is doing, but it is again something available to everyone.

You don't need to hack on those old games, like I said it's just copy and paste since it's not locked to one account, but Sony fixed this long ago

You don't need to hack on those old games, like I said it's just copy and paste since it's not locked to one account, but Sony fixed this long ago

:huh:

• Like 2