Thoughts on the game?

34 minutes ago, johamburgers said:

I don't really see anyone here complaining that the game is too difficult or not for them, it's mostly that the game is a technical mess and that the gameplay is flawed.

Welcome to H1Z1 and pubg in 2016/17. Technical messes are what BR's are built and based from. Thats what I'm referring to as 'different'. They never feel or run the same as other games. Of course it's really annoying, but I'm definitely used to it 

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

Welcome to H1Z1 and pubg in 2016/17. Techinal messes are what BR's are built and based from. Thats what I'm referring to as 'different'. They never feel or run the same as other games. Of course it's really annoying, but I'm definitely used to it 

I see what you mean, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

So the concept for the game itself I like it, definitely has the potential to be unique enough. Now getting into the game itself I agree it sucks from models and graphics that are muddy to sometimes stiff and awkward controls. (Though the second preset is arguably better then the first it as regulates jump, block and dodge buttons to what is most normal in other games.)

The game has issues mainly with it's combat which is arguably the most important because graphics aside I could play it more if the combat didn't feel broken. For example besides the mention of stun locks and lack dodge or blocking/interrupts due to cooldowns.

Something that is quite annoying is some skills are way too much stronger then others. For example in my first game I got killed by another player my entire health bar got nuked from a single strike depsite me having two times the stats and upgrades versus the other player. And at that point it makes me wonder what's the use of even upgrading a character if another can just nuke you as soon as your armor or guard is broken? With this said blocks and escapes are still a bigger issue and something that devs need to work on that I feel the most, playing games like For Honor or Chivalry it's clear there needs to be more give and take in the combat. And if I successfully escape a combo the opposing player should have more of a punishment and shouldn't be able to use a skill to reline that quickly. (Especially since some skills come with counters built-in that make them unavoidable.)

On 2021-08-04 at 9:40 AM, Riiszk said:

If I remember correctly, you play a lot of BR's and free ones too. You're cut out for this, and this isn't most people's style. BR gets a lot of hate because it's just simply different and harder to win than 99% of other games. And it's a port so, you know, people will hate more. 

I'm definitely going to plat this whether it's a little dodgy or not. 

Most people dislike BR’s because of the repetitive gameplay, generally sweaty player base & in the case of this game (and others like PUBG) are horribly optimized and lack any ounce of polish. 

I have played for about an hour and I have no idea what's going on and the game doesn't really explain much. I have no idea how some of these trophies work like the breaking down gear, I've found one blacksmith and that's it. Monsters are simple but pvp makes no sense. Without my glasses I can't hardly see anything. What the hell is gold for?! The only use I found is for appearance but the prices are crazy, let alone how you use emotes. Lastly, I hope to god that the 2000 lvl trophy isn't referring to that lvl you see on the main screen because that would literally take forever, Need tp figure out how to grind this out and get done.

Edited by Willreaper41

59 minutes ago, Willreaper41 said:

I have played for about an hour and I have no idea what's going on and the game doesn't really explain much. I have no idea how some of these trophies work like the breaking down gear, I've found one blacksmith and that's it. Monsters are simple but pvp makes no sense. Without my glasses I can't hardly see anything. What the hell is gold for?! The only use I found is for appearance but the prices are crazy, let alone how you use emotes. Lastly, I hope to god that the 2000 lvl trophy isn't referring to that lvl you see on the main screen because that would literally take forever, Need tp figure out how to grind this out and get done.

Breaking down gear:  tap start to open inventory, hold r2 to break everything down, l2 to break a single piece

pvp: go to collection on main menu and watch and read each characters moves video and explanation

gold: in game is for bombs/traps/healing etc     the currency on the main menu is purely for cosmetics

emote: hold l1+down on dpad, when wheel appears hit r1 to go to gestures/emotes, use rs to pick and let go

level 2000:  in game levels (seen above you/opponents head)     you can only reach level 20 in a game so at the very least this is a 100 game trophy

any other control issues, hold l1+left on dpad, will bring up control list anytime (shows while waiting for gates to open but you can review at any time)

Edited by DerelictSoul
  • Like 1

On 05/08/2021 at 1:09 AM, DerelictSoul said:

You are correct sir!  BR is my shit, and free is good too.  Loved H1Z1 enough to do all 3 stacks, prior to them making new cluttered maps. 

If you (or anyone else here) likes BR’s I can only recommend Hunt: Showdown. Outside of Apex and - although not to my taste - Fortnite, I find most BR’s to be very crummy. And even the two above are still so repetitive. 

But Hunt has a fantastic blend of hardcore PvP/PvE along with an incredible setting and unique weapons to go with it. The only downside is that it’s clearly a PC game running sub-optimally on console. 

On 04/08/2021 at 7:18 PM, Riiszk said:

-

Nice avi 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrFudge said:

If you (or anyone else here) likes BR’s I can only recommend Hunt: Showdown. Outside of Apex and - although not to my taste - Fortnite, I find most BR’s to be very crummy. And even the two above are still so repetitive. 

But Hunt has a fantastic blend of hardcore PvP/PvE along with an incredible setting and unique weapons to go with it. The only downside is that it’s clearly a PC game running sub-optimally on console. 

Nice avi 

Thanks man! I do love me some Rein. 

Also, yeah. Hunt Showdown is one of the better games I've ever played. Doesn't give the same competitive feeling that I play BR's for, but it's such a great game for its atmosphere and AI. I have got plat a few times and recently went back and got fastest 100% for it on this site. I enjoy that game way too much. I went back and played it on my ps5 when I got fastest and had 0 problems with it running sub-optimally. It was perfectly fine. 

Edited by Riiszk
  • Like 1

First thing greeting you when you boot up the game is accepting some ToS that is basically two MS Word documents you can scroll through.

I say basically, but that is what it is.

image.png

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

I’m just amazed a game of this calibre and quality has been released as a PS PLUS incentive. From the clunky, janky combat to the terrible hit detection and infinite stunlocks and air juggles. From the needlessly convoluted inventory and power system and how terribly designed all of it is.

From the sub 10-Fps frame rate, sluggish, unresponsive controls and the terribly small writing to the Pay to Win characters and god awful gameplay loop

I cannot fathom that we got this; truly it is amazing to see such a terrible game, with not a single redeeming quality given to us to free.

their game died once already, it’s going to die even faster this time as this is the worst game I’ve played in a long time. I’d rather play Agony or Lichdom: Battlemage.

Don’t even bother installing and getting this on your list, it’s irredeemable trash. 

I agree the game needs some fixing and the controls are confusing but with all respect to the community there are many people loving the idea of the game of surviving as hunters without weapons but dynasty warriors type of spin. Moreover, the idea is new and a welcome difference to a different style of gameplay. Therefore, I am really loving the game to be even addictive in playing a lot. In addition, love the aspect of competition with different of emotions while eliminating someone in the 1st minute with satisfaction. In contrast, anger when eliminated out of the battle in the first minute. Finally, this game is bringing mix reviews from the player community and I ask people as a fan to give a chance and hoping some of the technical issues is fix.

• Like 2

Just recently platinumed this game.  Overall, I love the gameplay and the idea of action rpg battle royale (or Dynasty Warriors Battle Royale).  I did, however, got frustrated that I made it to solo Legend rank without a win.  But after I practiced, watched strategies, and learned mechanics in Youtube, Discord, and Reddit, I got better.  It took me 2 days to be decently good at this game.  Here is my in-game stats for my trophies:

(Side note: For the "Final Record" trophy, it said you need 12 wins.  I got 10 wins and it popped on PS4.) 

Wukong (Main):

Last Man Standing trophy: took 1 solo win = 75 matches

Final Record trophy: took 10 total wins (9 solo/1 trio) = 151 matches

Veteran Hunter trophy: took over 180 matches

This is coming from a guy with little battle royale experience. (I've platinumed Fall Guys, but in this game, I still need to study all the characters' strengths and weakness, learn optimal combos, and map awareness)     

• Like 3

Just played my first trio match and the framerates are indeed bad, this kind of game would be better on the PC. I really don't understand why they would think it would be good on a console. Controls are clunky as said above as well, in the middle of sprinting the character suddenly would slow to a walk even though my finger is holding the L2 button. Got into a match rather quick though so there might still be a lot of people holding on to this game. Unfortunately, I opened a chest and a trophy popped up (didn't really look into the trophy list) and now its going to be stuck on my profile. Might as well play a few more games and see if it sticks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 8:18 PM, Willreaper41 said:

WTF I have the trophy for 2000 levels already but not the ones for chests or breaking down gear?! I've been grinding those out for days, how the hell have I not reached them yet?!I went from legendary to gold already just trying to finish this.

Imagine you get 10-20 levels per game, that's still 100-200 games.