Easiest Madden ever?

damcrac5

4 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

I'd say 18 is the easiest because I have that one. The problem with 22 is that it has online trophies and requires you to win online all be it I've never played Madden online so I don't actually know how hard those 2 trophies would be.

Very easy. You can boost them with someone, or even set up a dummy account to get it done.

• Like 1

The real difficulty will be in dealing with glitches and bugs; I would have picked Madden 21 up were it not for the nightmares some people have had. If those have since been corrected, do give me a shout because I've got an itch for American football. Seriously, let me know.

That being said, it looks like the asshats at EA have given up on open dual-entitlement; only the MVP edition comes with a one-time code to upgrade the PS4 version to PS5. Ergo, I will just have to buy separate used copies of both versions, because I'd rather eat a bullet than give EA money.

11 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

So how hard would this game be for someone who never checked out the sport, never played the games and has no clue about the rules? I've checked some gameplay from earlier games and I have no clue what's going on :D, though I'm kinda interested in learning it.

As someone with two Madden Plats (coincidentally the easiest in the series; '11 and Vita '13) who started out with 0 knowledge of the game and sport, I'd say this list is unironically a 2/10. LEGO games on Vita have given me more trouble than this list looks to bring gameplay-wise.

You can edit the strength of opposing players to such a degree that they become complete pushovers and even then there are only seven Trophies on the list that need to be done via specific actions in open play - none of them particularly hard when the AI has a squad made of papier-maché . The rest looks to be achievable via simulation and navigating menus. Again, provided this game isn't a glitch fest like Madden 21 was.

Leaving Trophies aside for a second, American football is an amazing sport and the Madden games are.... well, the best simulations on the market right now. I'd suggest picking up a used copy of any of the recent games and playing it on an alt account whilst also catching some streams of NFL Redzone, which are live highlights and air around 7 PM Dutch time. You might just get sucked in.

3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

So how hard would this game be for someone who never checked out the sport, never played the games and has no clue about the rules? I've checked some gameplay from earlier games and I have no clue what's going on :D, though I'm kinda interested in learning it.

Saying you can adjust the sliders(skill) of individual players.  Meaning you can make your players super man and each of them the equivalent of a high schooler, this should be achievable by anyone if you follow a guide. Would absolutely require a boosting partner for the online win as people who play online tend to be hard core.  Also, you can play on the easiest difficulty which will make your decision making much less of a factor. 2/10 for people who've played it before 3/10 for those who have not. In my estimation. 

2 hours ago, Golem25 said:

The real difficulty will be in dealing with glitches and bugs; I would have picked Madden 21 up were it not for the nightmares some people have had. If those have since been corrected, do give me a shout because I've got an itch for American football. Seriously, let me know.

21 bugged for me, but I eventually got it fixed and completed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

FYI two achievements on Xbox Series X|S are glitched/unobtainable - Momentum Change and Under Control. Myself and loads of others have done the presumed reqs several times and the global unlock rate 0.00%

First of all, great profiles.  Awesome collection and completion %.

Not overly surprised by the glitched issue.  I had to uninstall reinstall several times to get trophies on the PS4 version of Madden 21 to unlock.  Do you know of people who are having issues on xbox with madden 21?  Guess I could google it...

3 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

First of all, great profiles.  Awesome collection and completion %.

Not overly surprised by the glitched issue.  I had to uninstall reinstall several times to get trophies on the PS4 version of Madden 21 to unlock.  Do you know of people who are having issues on xbox with madden 21?  Guess I could google it...

Thank you so very much.

So I have done the site walkthrough on TA for 4 years (won’t be this year) and generally speaking, achievements have worked well, or been just mildly glitchy (e.g. situational achievements taking longer than they should, but always eventually unlocking. Already in Progress is hella glitchy but it’s more the mechanic itself than the trophy/achievement. Madden 21 isn’t a problem if you want to Plat it! This is the only notable instance of a bugged achievement I can remember. 

I’m a huge NFL fan (huge) but I’m getting fatigued with Madden, they are so lazy. Problem is there isn’t much elsewhere to go for a true experience as the unlicensed games suck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Thank you so very much.

So I have done the site walkthrough on TA for 4 years (won’t be this year) and generally speaking, achievements have worked well, or been just mildly glitchy (e.g. situational achievements taking longer than they should, but always eventually unlocking. Already in Progress is hella glitchy but it’s more the mechanic itself than the trophy/achievement. Madden 21 isn’t a problem if you want to Plat it! This is the only notable instance of a bugged achievement I can remember. 

I’m a huge NFL fan (huge) but I’m getting fatigued with Madden, they are so lazy. Problem is there isn’t much elsewhere to go for a true experience as the unlicensed games suck.

I actually used your walkthroughs for 20 and 21.  Best walkthrough for getting the plat done that I've found. I did have issues with trophies not unlocking on 21 sadly. Something as easily trackable like the celebrate for 50 yards wasn't popping. Was easily doing over 200 yards of celebrations.  Think there were a handful that weren't popping. 

Hopefully this doesn't become a persistent problem. 

On 15/08/2021 at 11:14 PM, damcrac5 said:

I actually used your walkthroughs for 20 and 21.  Best walkthrough for getting the plat done that I've found. I did have issues with trophies not unlocking on 21 sadly. Something as easily trackable like the celebrate for 50 yards wasn't popping. Was easily doing over 200 yards of celebrations.  Think there were a handful that weren't popping. 

Hopefully this doesn't become a persistent problem. 

I think trophies are glitchier than achievements; people tend to have way more issues on PS than Xbox, from reading.

They are investigating the two glitched achievements/trophies for the next-gen versions as of yesterday, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roushmartin6 said:

Is there two separate lists for the PS4 and ps5 versions? Does the ps5 version autopop if there is? Trying to figure out what version to play first 

There will be 2 separate lists.  My understanding is that ps4 and ps5 cant charge trophy lists.

I don't see any auto-pop options as there are no MUT or Face of the Franchise trophies. I think those were the only ones that could auto-pop in the previous year/s.

On 18/08/2021 at 0:08 AM, roushmartin6 said:

Is there two separate lists for the PS4 and ps5 versions? Does the ps5 version autopop if there is? Trying to figure out what version to play first 

Two separate lists. PS4 one won't include 3 next-gen exclusive trophies, including the two which are glitched. PS4 list will be less than 3 hours for people who know what they are doing. 

• Like 1