The Virtuous Cycle DLC, a.k.a the end of 100% accounts

arcanehornet_

On 8/19/2021 at 5:06 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Sounds like a pretty insane challenge, but if a 100% account owner was crazy enough to add a freshly released game to their account, rather than letting the community at large be the guinea pigs for eventual DLC releases, then they had their fate coming to them.

Reveal hidden contents

Before someone says it, yes I do know about Borderlands GOTY JP.

This is a big wake up call for me as someone who will only play games that can be 100%'ed on my main account.
(though I haven't played mortal shell) 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 3:06 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Sounds like a pretty insane challenge, but if a 100% account owner was crazy enough to add a freshly released game to their account, rather than letting the community at large be the guinea pigs for eventual DLC releases, then they had their fate coming to them.

Reveal hidden contents

Before someone says it, yes I do know about Borderlands GOTY JP.

This has been my strategy and it's working so far! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Markemmanuel said:

This is a big wake up call for me as someone who will only play games that can be 100%'ed on my main account.
(though I haven't played mortal shell) 

I think its very likely this is a game that can be 100%'ed with a little effort.  And a top tier souls like to boot.

Edited by maisie666

41 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Well, I don't know anything about this game but I now know that you got the plat in Nuclear Throne and I respect your opinion about difficulty because of that

The trophy in question requires you to COMPLETE the game in OBF.  Its not a starting class.  In the main game you can choose it anytime before the final boss at any time leading me to believe it is probably the same here, and 2 trophies seem to be linked to it.  Its possible that you have to unlock it and then start with it, but i haven t heard anything about that.  Scum saving is likely available from my limited testing.  Although i might be very effing wrong, and hit me over the head with it if i am, imo the worst case scenario is that you have to play the game/beat the final boss/section  in OBF and you can scumsave.  I d love to hear if i m wrong, because this is mainly speculation on my part.  Could be in denial for sure.  

Also thanks, NFT is my proudest plat.  If you have 300 hours to burn, and like the game, its not that bad.

Edited by maisie666

I'm not sure if it will be that bad, especially with the fact you can save SC or perhaps quit during death. We'll see once we know more I guess, best to have all Runics first.

The Seeds can be customised, so what we need to do is find a good Seed, learn it and then share and make a guide on it, every1s Seed will be the same then!!

Anyone found any good Seeds with awesome stuff near the start??

Edited by Optinooby

21 hours ago, PolloPawer said:

It just dawned on me how crazy the trophy list for The Virtuous Cycle is. I’m no stranger to rogue like games, and definitely no stranger to souls like games. I’ve been loving the new mode and unlocking as many instincts as possible, but after finally attempting to complete a cycle and reaching the end part (or what I’m hoping is the end, I don’t wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn’t gotten there) I honestly can’t imagine how you can basically do a no-shell, no-hit run in this mode. The trophy for doing so in story mode was a bit hard, but doable as you could literally run past everything and just focus on the bosses. After a while you’d memorize the enemy placement and everything would be a tad bit easier, but heck, doing it with a randomizer sounds near impossible to me. I love this game and I love a good challenge, but let’s all be honest here, how viable will this 100% be for you? I personally think I’m not gonna make it lol. What are your thoughts? 

Hey pollopawer, glad to see you are loving it.   After a 3 or 4 hour session last night i m feeling pretty relaxed about it all, the perfect Souls filler until Elden Ring  i ll probably give it a shot in a couple weeks. . I m a big fan of roguelikes and souls, so this is kind of exciting, a 3d DeadCells?.    Have you unlocked the Dark form Obsidian Shell Shade yet?  What is that? 

2 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

looks like someone already has the no lifer trophy on the ps5 version

I don't even think that is that bad personally, you keep ur items so u can just grind out Ornate Tokens and other stuff so you can take infinite hits and just spam specials!!

I find the grind harder, some grind trophies no1 even has yet!!

I know not many think grinding is hard as it's just time, but I find grinding harder than

anything else because it still requires patience just like difficulty but grinding is easier to lose enjoyment, for me anyway!

1 hour ago, UndeadSephx said:

Change of Heart
Return a seed with Hadern in The Virtuous Cycle.

I finished a cycle with Hadern and returned the seed to Sister... was I supposed to say no? not sure how to get this one.

After finishing a cycle, don't return the seed to Sister yet, first go down the stairs where Sester Genessa and all the shells are, equip the Hadern shell, then go back up to Sister and give the seed to her.

Edited by Doomsounder

Also, in true roguelike fashion, this is pretty addictive. I started the game in anticipation of the DLC, and I've been doing so many runs that I've barely touched the main game lol.

Now, it might not have enough variety (in bosses, areas, enemies, builds/playstyles/weapons) for longevity (not that I personally care, but some might get tired of it pretty quickly), but in the meantime it is a blast. The Axatana is wild, the first run I completed I had like 20% extra damage to bosses and 20% extra damage for the dual katanas on top of 10 extra base damage, I was melting everything, except the last boss(es) ugh, I had to use a ton of my items on those.

Runic Syphon was a lifesaver on many occasions, by the 2nd and 3rd dungeon I was getting most of my health back everytime I grabbed an instinct, so I'd clear areas and leave the pillars untouched until I needed to get my health back lol, so that's a ton of free heals right there, assuming you don't mind backtracking of course (which is only an issue in the Seat of Infinity). Patience will get you very far. My runs have been thorough to get as many consumables as possible but once you have a good number of those and all the Runic Gate upgrades runs should definitely be pretty fast.