The Virtuous Cycle DLC, a.k.a the end of 100% accounts

arcanehornet_

14 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

It’s a bronze trophy too lol. That is some evil, sadistic shit.

How is the game btw? Mortal Shell landed on my radar recently and I have to say it looks pretty cool. 

It’s a really great game honestly, for an indie game which was a small studio’s first game, I enjoyed nearly every aspect of it.

Not that demanding to platinum either. Totally recommended

Edited by arcanehornet_

Sounds like a pretty insane challenge, but if a 100% account owner was crazy enough to add a freshly released game to their account, rather than letting the community at large be the guinea pigs for eventual DLC releases, then they had their fate coming to them.

Spoiler

Before someone says it, yes I do know about Borderlands GOTY JP.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Sounds like a pretty insane challenge, but if a 100% account owner was crazy enough to add a freshly released game to their account, rather than letting the community at large be the guinea pigs for eventual DLC releases, then they had their fate coming to them.

Reveal hidden contents

Before someone says it, yes I do know about Borderlands GOTY JP.

The games been out for a year, it's the DLC that's new.

Also

I wonder why the PS5 DLC is all Bronze, but the PS4 DLC has one Silver?

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe

3 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

The games been out for a year, it's the DLC that's new.

Gotcha. Was going by the date on the PS5 stack here (April 2021) and didn't notice the PS4 version until you pointed that out. 

A year might even be too soon for someone trying to tightly safeguard a 100% account, but that's another topic for another thread. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Oh, fuck that. Beating the game without any shell was annoying enough. I most likely won't bother with that trophy. Kudos everyone who'll do it

Oh yeah, the Martyr+ the final boss took me a good hour to beat. Can’t imagine going through that with harder bosses, and not being able to die once.

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Oh yeah, the Martyr+ the final boss took me a good hour to beat. Can’t imagine going through that with harder bosses, and not being able to die once.

Hahah probably it was even more than me. What hurt me more is after l platinized the game l found out there was a cheesing method. Not only you could start at the end of the game but also cheese of final boss so l pass :D

A question though, how do you guys understand the requirement of trophy? Am l missing something? Is it supposed to be a one hit PT thing?

Edit : just tried DLC lol l know and fuck that shit.

Edited by MilanYildirim

You can quit to main menu which will save your progress in the reverie allowing scum saves.  Starting in OBF is not a option so probably you can pick it up just before the final boss(assuming you find it), then scumsave if you don t feel confident.  I havent played this for more than 10 mins, but i don t see how it can be harder than the base game.  Also prepared to be very wrong on this.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

It’s a bronze trophy too lol. That is some evil, sadistic shit.

How is the game btw? Mortal Shell landed on my radar recently and I have to say it looks pretty cool. 

It's a great game with solid combat and interesting fundamentals and it's even more impressive considering the small team size. I would love more modest takes of genres that are typically huge because this game leaves you wanting more. Most games now exhaust you with a deluge of Content™️.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

You can quit to main menu which will save your progress in the reverie allowing scum saves.  Starting in OBF is not a option so probably you can pick it up just before the final boss(assuming you find it), then scumsave if you don t feel confident.  I havent played this for more than 10 mins, but i don t see how it can be harder than the base game.  Also prepared to be very wrong on this.

If that's the case then yeah this won't be too bad. Cheers for the info. 

3 hours ago, maisie666 said:

Big if true. Still, it would be tedious as hell reloading the save after every trophy, but still a possible way to get the trophy.

It just dawned on me how crazy the trophy list for The Virtuous Cycle is. I’m no stranger to rogue like games, and definitely no stranger to souls like games. I’ve been loving the new mode and unlocking as many instincts as possible, but after finally attempting to complete a cycle and reaching the end part (or what I’m hoping is the end, I don’t wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn’t gotten there) I honestly can’t imagine how you can basically do a no-shell, no-hit run in this mode. The trophy for doing so in story mode was a bit hard, but doable as you could literally run past everything and just focus on the bosses. After a while you’d memorize the enemy placement and everything would be a tad bit easier, but heck, doing it with a randomizer sounds near impossible to me. I love this game and I love a good challenge, but let’s all be honest here, how viable will this 100% be for you? I personally think I’m not gonna make it lol. What are your thoughts? 

Edited by PolloPawer
  • Like 1