PSA: If your trophies glitch try this!

Quink666

My game bugged  as it has for others and i didn't get several story trophies aswell as 2 collectibles and 1 misc trophy even though i fullfilled all requirements.

So i decided to replay the game to see what happened and it worked. I deleted my save before hand so i started a totally fresh playthrough.

I also only picked up the collectibles that i needed, in my case echoes and the 20 Troubled Man Notes.

Hopefully this helps anyone else suffering the same issue.

• Like 1

Same situation, to be exact, my game stopped earning trophies after "The Hound" trophy is earned. Yes, even story related trophies. Since i'm done with this game, i'll wait for patch to fix this, another round of replaying will definitely wipe off the last good feeling toward this game(now still patch 1.001.000 btw).

• Like 3

I noticed this happens when the system stops tracking mission progress (system progress card reset). Whenever it happens, just close the game and load the beginning of the mission if you have picked up a collectible in the meantime so as not to bug the trophy (it happened to me in the Troubled Man Notes collectible) or continue where you left off if it is a story trophy and you haven't completed the mission.

I even have the impression that I didn't win the Phantom trophy in the first campaign because of this bug.

2 minutes ago, FreddieGellar said:

I noticed this happens when the system stops tracking mission progress (system progress card reset). Whenever it happens, just close the game and load the beginning of the mission if you have picked up a collectible in the meantime so as not to bug the trophy (it happened to me in the Troubled Man Notes collectible) or continue where you left off if it is a story trophy and you haven't completed the mission.

I even have the impression that I didn't win the Phantom trophy in the first campaign because of this bug.

I tried reloading the last save after beating the game and not getting the "finish story" trophy and i didn't pop for me. Even tried rebooting the system but with no luck. Only thing that worked for me was a fresh save and only picking up the collectibles i needed.

• Like 1

If someone is having problems with glitched tropies related to collectibles, try this quick and simple solution. Make sure you have correct number of collectibles in your inventory: 7 mentor's notes, 20 troubled man's notes and 11 janitor's postcards. You have to shut down the game, restart it from the dashboard, then reload the last autosave. All trophies should pup up now.

On 5.9.2021 at 8:45 PM, PomocnikNieroba said:

If someone is having problems with glitched tropies related to collectibles, try this quick and simple solution. Make sure you have correct number of collectibles in your inventory: 7 mentor's notes, 20 troubled man's notes and 11 janitor's postcards. You have to shut down the game, restart it from the dashboard, then reload the last autosave. All trophies should pup up now.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for the 32 Echoes. The only thing that helps is what OP posted: Delete the game, delete your save files and start again. What an annoying glitch ;/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What a weird thing, just had that problem moments ago, even some post mentioning that it has been fixed.

I think the glitch was triggered when I used the new ps5 option "Resume Activity". Had to start a new game to fix.

The game seems broken as hell, I've noticed that one of the first cutscenes, before you assume control of Marianne for some reason had no sound, connecting some headphone fix this even if the headphone is instantly disconnected and also skipping the real footage scene after the prologue crashes the game entirely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 5:25 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

Fixd the trophy system my ass.

I got all the echoes and Calling out to Me and Following the Trail didn't unlock.

I still need to finish the last bit of the game, but I guess I won't unlock An Unknown Outcome either by the looks of it...

Yeah, I've decided to start playing the game, and sadly I am also having the problem, I was just going through the story like I normally do and not a single trophy was unlocking, so I closed and opened the game with the reload save file option and suddenly I got like 4 trophies at once but as an example I didn't get The Last Goodbye, now mind you I do have it now because I went and started a new game real quick just to check if I could do that (now i am back at my curren playthrough) but I do worry that:

A: It will still happen on my current save file

B: I'll get added to the cheaters list because I am got my trophies out of the intended order and the timing between 4 trophies shouldn't be possible..

I am probably worried for no reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if this trophy list will bite me in the ass one day.

Edit: Now that I am looking at the list, I see more then that one trophy that I mentioned, I think that I'll decide what to do with this later. Either I'll continue the save file that fixed the issue or I'll play that save file that I started the game with or I'll delete my save file and start all over.

Edited by Biertje373

13 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I think the glitch 100% comes from selecting Resume Activity from the game launcher. I selected it and got past Maw, did not earn the trophy "You Saw, You Ran, You Lived" nor are any of the tracked trophies updating. Closed the game and selected Play Game and the trophy for going through the mirror popped.

I'm only a couple hours into the game so I'm going to restart, but my conclusion is do not select Resume Activity.

Edit: Restarted the game (did not delete save file) using the New Game option. Tracked and Story trophies seem to pop normally so far.

Can confirm (at least for me) Resume Activity broke trophies. Your advice was helpful! I also try to complete game in one session, but game crash once (and thankfully trophies still earning).

13 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I think the glitch 100% comes from selecting Resume Activity from the game launcher. I selected it and got past Maw, did not earn the trophy "You Saw, You Ran, You Lived" nor are any of the tracked trophies updating. Closed the game and selected Play Game and the trophy for going through the mirror popped.

I'm only a couple hours into the game so I'm going to restart, but my conclusion is do not select Resume Activity.

Edit: Restarted the game (did not delete save file) using the New Game option. Tracked and Story trophies seem to pop normally so far.

I can confirm but if you have a save from before the accident just close the game e load up that save, it saves me an 3 hours of replaying the same game

21 minutes ago, JackShepard19 said:

Can confirm (at least for me) Resume Activity broke trophies. Your advice was helpful! I also try to complete game in one session, but game crash once (and thankfully trophies still earning).

it crashes 5 times for me, is not a great game to be honest

On 10/21/2022 at 8:53 PM, s68sc said:

I can confirm but if you have a save from before the accident just close the game e load up that save, it saves me an 3 hours of replaying the same game

Thanks for this tip! Conduit
You used Spirit Blast to create electricity. It didn't unlock after resuming activity, so I loaded up a previous save and it popped.

My other concern now is that the tracker for Psychic Sleuth: Inspect 100 objects in a single playthrough, is still at 0. Does this start later in the game, or should it have started right from the start?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Thanks for this tip! Conduit
You used Spirit Blast to create electricity. It didn't unlock after resuming activity, so I loaded up a previous save and it popped.

My other concern now is that the tracker for Psychic Sleuth: Inspect 100 objects in a single playthrough, is still at 0. Does this start later in the game, or should it have started right from the start?

It doesn't matter the trophy will pop almost at end of the game, the trophy tracker is bugged 

14 minutes ago, s68sc said:

It doesn't matter the trophy will pop almost at end of the game, the trophy tracker is bugged 

Yeah, I hadn't realised the 'inspect 25 objects' trophy had already popped, and then 'inspect 50 objects' trophy popped not long after my comment, despite the tracker still showing 0/100. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here. *knocks wood

4 hours ago, Denis1903 said:

I've definitely had at least 4 trophies glitch on me, including two story related ones.

I can believe that Resume Activity was the trigger for this.

Yes don't use Resume Activity

On 4/9/2021 at 3:41 AM, Quink666 said:

My game bugged  as it has for others and i didn't get several story trophies aswell as 2 collectibles and 1 misc trophy even though i fullfilled all requirements.

So i decided to replay the game to see what happened and it worked. I deleted my save before hand so i started a totally fresh playthrough.

I also only picked up the collectibles that i needed, in my case echoes and the 20 Troubled Man Notes.

Hopefully this helps anyone else suffering the same issue.

Edit this post and add that you must don't use the Resume Activity