Would you recommend this game now?

Ich1994-1994

So i read with the Wastelanders update this game actually became good. The Question is is it a good experience to get 100% in this game? Anything bugged or unobtainable? Does the Wastelanders update improve the fun for getting platinum too? or do i spend 100h with a bad game and then a few hours in a good DLC? i would play in coop

• Like 2

I'm playing the dlc at the moment and it is better than when the game released. Its not great, it still has its problems but the inclusion of actual npcs has made a world of difference. There's a few quality of life additions as well that have just made it more playable. If you are playing in co-op with friends I imagine it'd be fun regardless

What I can't comment on is what the base game questline is like these days. When I played it everything ended with a robot or a tape it was weird. Have they tweaked it to put people in? I don't know but you can start the DLC quest lines once you reach lvl20 so you could mix it all in and it won't seem as bad. I'd be interested to know what its like for a new player.

In terms of trophies I imagine its a lot easier these days, the grind won't be as bad as there is more to do and the scorchbeast queen is trivial these days with the amount of high level players that'll just show up and melt her face off for you.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

What I can't comment on is what the base game questline is like these days. When I played it everything ended with a robot or a tape it was weird. Have they tweaked it to put people in? I don't know but you can start the DLC quest lines once you reach lvl20 so you could mix it all in and it won't seem as bad. I'd be interested to know what its like for a new player.

It’s still the same... ish. The first part of Wastelanders starts early then at a certain point it jumps to a level 20 requirement. So you can kinda juggle the normal campaign and the wastelanders campaign for a bit.

• Like 1

I started the game in December and have had a great time. I've been taking my time with it and slowly working towards all trophies, no interest in rushing it.

You can have a good time if you plan a build before you start to make the combat a lot easier, don't just dive in and pick random perk cards cause you'll get fucked once you reach level 25. I had to start a brand new character because of this.

Getting to level 100 takes a while but theres more than enough content to get you there without getting bored. The only real "grind" per se is the faction reputation trophies. You can exploit the one for the raiders but for the settlers you only have one daily quest to do per day and it takes like 60 days to get it to max.

If you like Fallout 4 there's no reason why you wouldn't like this. It's world is very fun to explore.

• Like 2

In short and imo, yes! I left this for a while despite picking it up at launch.

Once I jumped in, I couldnt put it down and this was before the Wastelanders add on, so for Platinum there was some uneccesary grinding. I hear its much better now so thats a good start, but tbh if you enjoy Fallout games, i'd give it a go for sure.

However, to maybe add to your decision, check this out. Looks a blast!

• Like 1

I paid £4 for it recently, still buggy, broken, falling through the worlds, getting stuck on quests, things spawning in walls, enemies running at super speeds. 

Got 100% in it, I had fun at times but was bored in lots of places too. If you're a trophy hunter or completionist the daily quests are awful and it takes like 50 days to do. Requires 2 playthroughs as well. 

• Like 3

On 14.9.2021 at 7:32 AM, Deadvember said:

I paid £4 for it recently, still buggy, broken, falling through the worlds, getting stuck on quests, things spawning in walls, enemies running at super speeds. 

Got 100% in it, I had fun at times but was bored in lots of places too. If you're a trophy hunter or completionist the daily quests are awful and it takes like 50 days to do. Requires 2 playthroughs as well. 

i am a trophyhunter and completionist. my coop partner is more of a platinum hunter than completionist. daily quests are not a problem for us but the bugs sound annoying :/ also thankyou for the intput

• 1 month later...

That's hard to say. I've come from hating to loving this game (and vice-versa) too many times during my playthrough. Got the plat last night and had lots of fun, but also found it very frustrating with bugged quests, broken balance, wrong information on items, and so on. You'll be in an amazing quest, but something will glitch and you'll be frustrated. Then, out of nothing, "mission complete" pops in and you'll be finding it good again.

I got it as a gift from my brother and we're enjoying it a lot so far. He played all Fallouts since Fallout 3 and this is my first one. Definitely moving to Fallout 4 anytime soon.

To be fair, I had not much past experience with the Creation Engine (only played Skyrim on PC for a few hours), but FO 76 is one of the worst looking games I've played recently. A week ago I was at my gf's place and she was playing Farcry 5, and wow, what a contrast in quality...

• Like 1