Division Rivals Closed Without Announcement

AsheRebel

It says "COMPETITION CLOSED" in game. I am so close to fifa 20 platinum this is heart breaking to see :( There is a thread on EA forums too which you can find here. They made no announcement it came out of nowhere and is unfair to people not only going for the platinum but who recently started/bought it. I know fifa 22 is coming out soon but trust me fifa 20 division rivals was still very active and even if it wasn't, in my opinion closing servers or an online component of the game without an announcement is a very bad practise and we should raise voice against it regardless of if you care for EA/FIFA games or not.

uXhnPEh.jpg

Edited by AsheRebel
Added image.

13 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Which trophies are unobtainable if this is the case?

Divisive Figure (reaching DIv 4) and I guess Divide and Conquer, and Welcome to the League too.

@AsheRebel yes, that's definitely unfair, but this is EA, probably the videogames company who care the least about their players. I'm completing my backlog with many FIFAs and I've found old FIFAs' servers are completely trash. I don't expect them to fix them or even to maintain them in a good status, but at least, keep functionable the mode games which are supposed to be active. f.e. FUT Draft for FIFA 16 on PS3 is not working despite the server is "alive" so can waste your coins for an entry which will be wasted as you will lose connection everytime attempting to match.

Anyway, FIFA 20 was my last FIFA and probably the last EA game in which I spend more than 5€.

• Like 1

Thing is, it likely didn't close...

Back in March when I started it, I had checked the day before on an alt if you'd be able to redeem the points and the game even had a pop-up in-game to confirm that you would be able to register in this fictional league solely for achievement/trophy purposes. So I started it, a week later I'm just missing Welcome to The League, but it turns out the event was unavailable since March 1st, the day I started it, and even the pop-up stopped showing up with no announcement whatsoever.

After a few posts here, a lot more posts on their forums along with others in the same situation and one or two replies from their CMs, the issue resolved itself. Turns out ever since they patched both FIFA 19 and 20 to allow the point redemption the events simply come and go... and you can easily see this pattern by latest achievers where there are periods of time nobody gets the trophy.

This has been a recurring thing since October, so my suggestion is that you leave your 2000 points ready to redeem and check regularly, it usually isn't more than a month until it opens up for registration again.

Edited by Aodir

20 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Thing is, it likely didn't close...

Back in March when I started it, I had checked the day before on an alt if you'd be able to redeem the points and the game even had a pop-up in-game to confirm that you would be able to register in this fictional league solely for achievement/trophy purposes. So I started it, a week later I'm just missing Welcome to The League, but it turns out the event was unavailable since March 1st, the day I started it, and even the pop-up stopped showing up with no announcement whatsoever.

After a few posts here, a lot more posts on their forums along with others in the same situation and one or two replies from their CMs, the issue resolved itself. Turns out ever since they patched both FIFA 19 and 20 to allow the points redemption the events simply come and go and you can easily see this pattern by latest achievers where there's periods of time nobody gets the trophy.

This has been a recurring thing since October, so my suggestion is that you leave your 2000 points ready to redeem and check regularly, it usually isn't more than a month until it opens up for registration again.

I know what you are referring to but sadly this is not the case. Back then we could still play division rivals just couldn't redeem points till EA temporarily opened redemption for trophies. Now we can't even play a match/earn any point at all sadly :(

51 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Which trophies are unobtainable if this is the case?

the ones @zgz93 mentioned. I'm sadly locked out of "Welcome to the League trophy" :(

29 minutes ago, zgz93 said:

Divisive Figure (reaching DIv 4) and I guess Divide and Conquer, and Welcome to the League too.

@AsheRebel yes, that's definitely unfair, but this is EA, probably the videogames company who care the least about their players. I'm completing my backlog with many FIFAs and I've found old FIFAs' servers are completely trash. I don't expect them to fix them or even to maintain them in a good status, but at least, keep functionable the mode games which are supposed to be active. f.e. FUT Draft for FIFA 16 on PS3 is not working despite the server is "alive" so can waste your coins for an entry which will be wasted as you will lose connection everytime attempting to match.

Anyway, FIFA 20 was my last FIFA and probably the last EA game in which I spend more than 5€.

I agree with you this sucks, even NFS The Run was unobtainable and I started it when they announced the server closures without realising it's already unobtainable :( EA never cared for trophies but aren't they legally bound to announce server closures in advanced?

Thank you for warning me about FIFA 16, I was planning to self boost online draft in fifa 16 and fifa 17 next as I'm one trophy away from platinums there but after this I can't clearly do FIFA 16 and won't waste money on buying two FIFA 17 discs.

I don't buy FIFA games anymore, last one was FIFA 19 , I just use EA Play now

24 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

Is "Play of the Season" still obtainable? If not, I will just hide this shit from my list.

Currently seasonal objectives are Play and score in 10,20,30,40,50 Matches etc. which can be done in both Squad Battles and Division Rivals so my guess is yes it's achievable :)

Edited by AsheRebel

3 hours ago, quickfoozlle said:

Is "Play of the Season" still obtainable? If not, I will just hide this shit from my list.

3 hours ago, AsheRebel said:

I know what you are referring to but sadly this is not the case. Back then we could still play division rivals just couldn't redeem points till EA temporarily opened redemption for trophies. Now we can't even play a match/earn any point at all sadly :(

the ones @zgz93 mentioned. I'm sadly locked out of "Welcome to the League trophy" :(

I agree with you this sucks, even NFS The Run was unobtainable and I started it when they announced the server closures without realising it's already unobtainable :( EA never cared for trophies but aren't they legally bound to announce server closures in advanced?

Thank you for warning me about FIFA 16, I was planning to self boost online draft in fifa 16 and fifa 17 next as I'm one trophy away from platinums there but after this I can't clearly do FIFA 16 and won't waste money on buying two FIFA 17 discs.

I don't buy FIFA games anymore, last one was FIFA 19 , I just use EA Play now

Currently seasonal objectives are Play and score in 10,20,30,40,50 Matches etc. which can be done in both Squad Battles and Division Rivals so my guess is yes it's achievable :)

To my knowledge the only fifa games you can plat starting from zero as of today are fifa 17 ps3, fifa 17 ps4 and fifa 21; the rest all have unobtainable trophies among them. Though fifa 17 ps3 has a trophy (Here we go...) which only unlocks few days within each month. 

3 hours ago, Glorious Fury said:

What a bizarre move from EA. Not quite sure why they would shut just Division Rivals, basically makes the game unplayable online bar friendlies.

Could be a bug though, I'm fairly sure that Rivals is ok in 19 still. 

I really hope it's a bug :/ Would make sense cuz like u said rivals in fifa 19 still works

1 hour ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

I’ve just loaded up Fifa 20, I haven’t played my placement matches, but it lets me enter them, it searched and paired me with an opponent. So it must have been a temp bug. Try again now! 

i just checked, still says competition closed but considering fifa 19 rivals is still up and u can play placement matches on fifa 20 leads me to believe it's a bug and will be resolved soon, at least I hope so

48 minutes ago, KingmathyGoodman said:

To my knowledge the only fifa games you can plat starting from zero as of today are fifa 17 ps3, fifa 17 ps4 and fifa 21; the rest all have unobtainable trophies among them. Though fifa 17 ps3 has a trophy (Here we go...) which only unlocks few days within each month. 

fifa 15 ps vita version too as it has no online trophy

Did 5 straight wins in placement matches on alternate account. It's probably easier to qualify because you dont meet any overpowered teams.

Just use team fitness card between every match because many doesnt' and you will overpower them second half.

And hope for this "competition closed" get lifted soon. 

Can confirm that the mode is indeed still working as of time of posting this. Unlocked Divisive Figure (for playing a game after reaching division four) after a few evenings of boosting. 

Between the hours of approximately 23:00 and 2:00 the game is very inactive and I only found a couple of boosters. This was self-boosted with approximate local matchmaking set to yes for each account. Just beware that each account seems to be able to play each other once and also, the amount of losses on an account in rivals placement does not effect its ability to find the alt. So if one account has a record of three wins and a loss it can indeed connect to an account with zero defeats and three victories. 

Here is hoping that it stays obtainable for a while longer.

On 09/09/2021 at 5:35 PM, KingmathyGoodman said:

What's unobtainable on FIFA 18 and 19 on PS3?

Wow!  R* removes two game modes from GTA V Online (PS4) thus making the Numero Uno trophy unobtainable ergo the platinum trophy unobtainable as well and now EA does pretty much the same thing as well.  All in a matter of days.  Gotta love these BIG $$$ AAA gaming corporations.  They really care about the consumers who purchase their games.  Unbelievable! 

On 10.9.2021 at 6:48 PM, DAS2in1 said:

Did 5 straight wins in placement matches on alternate account. It's probably easier to qualify because you dont meet any overpowered teams.

Just use team fitness card between every match because many doesnt' and you will overpower them second half.

And hope for this "competition closed" get lifted soon. 

After qualifying for div.4 on alt. account I continued play this game for fun. Couple a days ago I got 2000 pts and wanted to registrate for FUT Champions for the "Welcome to the League" trophy but its says "registration has ended" and only option is x button for "Later".

Looks like this trophy is unobtainable now.

On 21/09/2021 at 11:57 AM, DAS2in1 said:

After qualifying for div.4 on alt. account I continued play this game for fun. Couple a days ago I got 2000 pts and wanted to registrate for FUT Champions for the "Welcome to the League" trophy but its says "registration has ended" and only option is x button for "Later".

Looks like this trophy is unobtainable now.

EA occasionally opens entry to weekend league so we can get the trophy. That weekend league is unplayable, it's just for trophy purposes. After division rivals was reopened, I grinded a lot and now I'm sitting at 2000 Qualification points waiting for ea to temporarily reopen entry to weekend league so I can get the trophy :) 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:12 PM, AsheRebel said:

EA occasionally opens entry to weekend league so we can get the trophy. That weekend league is unplayable, it's just for trophy purposes. After division rivals was reopened, I grinded a lot and now I'm sitting at 2000 Qualification points waiting for ea to temporarily reopen entry to weekend league so I can get the trophy :) 

So you're just checking the game every now and again to see if its open? Or is there a place to look other than that to check?

Weird that the occasionally open entry, why couldn't they just leave it open?